How did the covid-19 lockdown effect your weight. General thread.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Started walking on Monday but I think I’ve pushed myself too far and now i have a painful left foot 😣 I’m gutted I couldn’t walk today, really hoping it gets better soon 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hope everyone is ok 1 week in.

Thanks for the advice. I had my 1 bad day and got over it. Now my TOTM has finished I'm going to enjoy the rest of the month running/exercising and eating well.

Looking forward to the 30th June weigh in 😊

Reactions: 5
The opposite has happened to me during lockdown, ive lost over 2 stone. Has this happened to anyone else? Always lethargic, absolutely no appetite, where I won’t eat for days.
Outside of lockdown, I practice yoga daily and go on country walks, which I find helps keep my weight down.
Lots of free beginners vids of yoga on YouTube, and a lot of studios are doing online zoom classes where you can practice in the comfort of your own home ☺

Reactions: 3
The opposite has happened to me during lockdown, ive lost over 2 stone. Has this happened to anyone else? Always lethargic, absolutely no appetite, where I won’t eat for days.
Outside of lockdown, I practice yoga daily and go on country walks, which I find helps keep my weight down.
Lots of free beginners vids of yoga on YouTube, and a lot of studios are doing online zoom classes where you can practice in the comfort of your own home ☺
Wow I wish this was me, my issue is I will always eat no matter if I am hungry or not. I was denied food as a child and I am still dealing with that now.

I really wish that had happened to me! I've just started doing Yoga on youtube, you actually get a sweat on and really chills the mind! I was doing really well, the weekend came and so did the wine! Feeling motivated today. For the lady who did Karate, try something like Yoga? Or a strength workout - start small and build your confidence back up. xx

Lethargy and no appetite don’t sound good. Are you feeling okay? I wouldn’t ignore stuff like that if it goes in too long xx

Reactions: 4
gained a fair bit of weight during quarantine so I'm wondering what do you eat? desperate to lose weight

Have you tried calorie counting? Always works for me and it means you're not too restricted...I have a small breakfast and lunch and consume more calories at dinner and in the evening when I need something sweet

Reactions: 2
I usually just eat two bits of toast with eggs for breakfast, and then for dinner homemade veggie curries / pilafs or soups with lentils. I don't really eat lunch because I've been working from home and generally do things around the house for my lunch hour. I don't really snack and I generally tend to drink either water or tea (unsweetened but with milk).

I also get my 10,000 steps in either through a run or a long walk.

I find counting calories works for me and I exercise 6 days a week, a mix of cardio and weights. I have a Fitbit and that helps a lot as I like to hit my goals everyday so that’s the motivation. I’m a very fussy eater, I don’t eat fruit or veg, everything I eat is beige and heavy carbs so I definitely can’t advise on the nutrition side 😅

Reactions: 1
I've lost a stone in about 6ish weeks so far (still have a stone and 12 pounds left to lose!) but god I'm finding it so hard to motivate myself atm. It's not so much food - I've been using nutracheck and really like it - but getting out to exercise. Does anyone else find it hard to make themselves move😩?

I've lost a stone in about 6ish weeks so far (still have a stone and 12 pounds left to lose!) but god I'm finding it so hard to motivate myself atm. It's not so much food - I've been using nutracheck and really like it - but getting out to exercise. Does anyone else find it hard to make themselves move😩?
Congratulations on your stone loss that’s huge! Results like that proves you can do it. I know it’s hard and not always fun though!

gained a fair bit of weight during quarantine so I'm wondering what do you eat? desperate to lose weight
Calorie counting in your friend. Work out what you need a day to get into a calorie deficit. You don’t have to cut out any foods if you don’t want to just have a calorie limit. I still eat all the good stuff like pizza and chocolate whilst calorie counting.

I'm doing WW as of last week. I know it's not for everyone but I'm never able to stick to anything else, even just calorie counting.

Reactions: 2
It’s going well this week so I ordered a takeaway. 🙄🙄 I will regret it tomorrow

• Haha
Hi everyone, would love to join your chat, lost a stone last year and was hoping to lose half a stone more, over lockdown have put on half a stone again. So annoyed with myself. Anyone here do intermittent fasting? I did a diet a few years ago called The Fast 5 and lost almost two stone so going to try that again. Hard to get into when you've been comfort eating as I have though

I’ve gained 18lbs! Multiple school runs a day then hour plus dog walk each day & 2 workouts a day - to nothing! I’m a right tomato now 🤣 The husband takes the dogs out each morning before work!