How did the covid-19 lockdown effect your weight. General thread.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had signed up to them but I can't stick to the plan 🤣 it does seem like a good plan but I go through days of not eating then binge and can't seem to stop it
It does look like it takes a few weeks to get the hang of it, but everything they say makes complete sense, especially about diet groups 😮 like how does a mashed banana have syns but a proper banana doesnt, ya mash it with your teeth anyways 🤣🤣

Reactions: 1
It does look like it takes a few weeks to get the hang of it, but everything they say makes complete sense, especially about diet groups 😮 like how does a mashed banana have syns but a proper banana doesnt, ya mash it with your teeth anyways 🤣🤣

Yeah that's true! The whole banana thing is daft Richie is funny too idk if you've seen his ask Richie videos that he's been doing on a Sunday but they are hilarious! I really want to try and stick to it again find it hard to hit protein and fibre though 🤣

Yeah that's true! The whole banana thing is daft Richie is funny too idk if you've seen his ask Richie videos that he's been doing on a Sunday but they are hilarious! I really want to try and stick to it again find it hard to hit protein and fibre though 🤣
No i must watch it sunday, i just scroll past their page so i dont remind myself i should be on a diet 😂😂 i love to give it a go, did you lose weight while doing it?

I have done 6 nights fasting. Last night was going to be a cheat night but I ate too much dinner and felt full so decided to fast anyway and feel great for having done so. I have no scales so not weighing myself but I can see some difference. I'm not bloated and feel really well. I might not fast tonight so. I can have some wine during a zoom meet up with friends or I might just do a shorter fast.

The best thing was I only really ate half my dinner. I feel full quicker now.

Reactions: 3
Hey guys, hope it's okay for me to join the thread. I'm currently trying to lose around 30lbs to get to my target weight. I'm 5'5" and I started at 245lbs (Size 22 top, 20 bottom) last October and have since got down to 177lbs (Size 16 top, 14 bottom) following a mix of IF, calorie counting and, most recently, intuitive eating. My weigh in day is Sunday.

My weight loss has been through a combination of diet, the right medication for a chronic condition, exercise (I started running) and therapy to work on my issues around food.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hey guys, hope it's okay for me to join the thread. I'm currently trying to lose around 30lbs to get to my target weight. I'm 5'5" and I started at 245lbs (Size 22 top, 20 bottom) last October and have since got down to 177lbs (Size 16 top, 14 bottom) following a mix of IF, calorie counting and, most recently, intuitive eating. My weigh in day is Sunday.

My weight loss has been through a combination of diet, the right medication for a chronic condition, exercise (I started running) and therapy to work on my issues around food.
Thats an amazing weightloss already, your hardwork is paying off 👏👏look forward to your weighin sunday 😃

I’m a really bad night time snacker too! I’ve started having a packet of mints in my room so when I feel like going on a food hunt in the middle of the night I have one or two and then I wouldn’t want to eat with a minty taste 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’m a really bad night time snacker too! I’ve started having a packet of mints in my room so when I feel like going on a food hunt in the middle of the night I have one or two and then I wouldn’t want to eat with a minty taste 😂
Thats a really good tip, its the things like that that work 😆🤣🤣

for those that go for a walk every day... any tips for when it’s really windy, chucking it down with rain, and it’s freezing cold? My goal for the week is to go for a walk every day but the weather today is so horrible. I’m tempEd to just go and do it but I know I’ll be a drowned rat and it won’t make me go as far as I normally could

for those that go for a walk every day... any tips for when it’s really windy, chucking it down with rain, and it’s freezing cold? My goal for the week is to go for a walk every day but the weather today is so horrible. I’m tempEd to just go and do it but I know I’ll be a drowned rat and it won’t make me go as far as I normally could
YouTube “the happy Mile- a Mile a day” with a women named Leslie. I found her annoying at first but now love it!

I got on well with Team RH but had to stop the workout with weights due to unrelated back probs. I also used to do 10k steps which I didn't hit every day but made sure to average along the week.

I was on 1800 cals which sounds a lot but it really worked and didn't feel hungry. I could see a change in shape/more muscle definition after three or so weeks. They focus on fat loss rather just seeing the scale numbers go down.

Amazing, well done. How did you get into running? Any tips?

YouTube “the happy Mile- a Mile a day” with a women named Leslie. I found her annoying at first but now love it!
omg! Thank you SO much for this recommendation - I typed it in thinking that it would be someone shouting at me to walk outside even when it’s bad weather 😂 but walking at home! How did I never think of that?

such a good recommendation, thanks so much x

Just get a waterproof jacket and get out there! It’s only a bit of rain, you’ll warm up as you walk and you can jump in the shower when you get back home.

Reactions: 3
Just get a waterproof jacket and get out there! It’s only a bit of rain, you’ll warm up as you walk and you can jump in the shower when you get back home.
I find the best time to go for a walk is in this type of weather as the rain will cool you off 😂or if you have a fitbit or a pedometer to count steps and aim for 10k steps a day, you can reach that goal in at home, watch telly and jog on the spot

omg! Thank you SO much for this recommendation - I typed it in thinking that it would be someone shouting at me to walk outside even when it’s bad weather 😂 but walking at home! How did I never think of that?

[/Q

i find it really motivating and I always complete it rather than If I was just walking in front of the TV i stop/start etc! Good luck! X

Just wrap up and go out. I was the same but after a few wet walks I just got used to it. Once uoh are out you are out. And even if you don't go as far at least you've gone out.

My issue is my dog hates the rain 😆