How did the covid-19 lockdown effect your weight. General thread.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been on a calorie controlled diet for years. I've lost quite a lot of weight and gone from a size 16 to a size 8/10. I couldn't say exactly how many stone as I didn't weigh myself at my heaviest. But, it works - it works to an extent even if you don't factor in fitness/exercise but doing it alongside fitness/exercise definitely speeds the process along.

Whilst in lockdown I would do a 20 minute hiit (from a random youtube video) 6 days a week and would walk for around 40 mins. I've put on a couple of pounds but I think it's to do with the fact I'm focusing on muscles during the hiit which I hadn't even used before and therefore my legs are like bloody boulders and just keeping an eye on what I eat.

so happy i found this. swimming used to be my way to stay fit and i have started gaining loads of weght. i have started walking a lot but it gets so boring. thinking of joining an online class for zumba has any1 tried zumba?

tbh my drs are pretty rubbish lol. If it carries on I shall see a dr.
Thank you 😊
I was going to say this too - weight loss like that would usually warrant a GP trip. Mine are doing phone consultations that are really easy to organise so definitley worth asking 👍🏼

Reactions: 1
I went for my first run in a long time tonight (I started couch to 5K in lockdown, got to week 6 of furlough and then lost interest with being back to a very busy workload). I didn’t use the Couch to 5K app, didn’t wear headphones and just focused on running for 20 minutes and focusing on my breathing. Found it hard but I feel so much more better for doing it now. When I say run btw it was more of a slug run, but still a good stepping stone for getting my arse back into gear!

If anyone has a fairly good fitness level to start with, I'd totally recommend the Courtney Black workouts. Free on her instagram at 8am and 12pm, and they are brutal but I've found myself really enjoying them. Definitely worth giving a go.

Has anyone followed team rh on facebook? There videos are really good worth a watch, and they are funny too 😃it kinda opens your eyes to certain diets that im sure most of us here has done before!

I’m sorry if this has already been discussed and if anyone can point me in the right direction I’ll go and read the posts but I wanted to ask specifically about weight watchers. Or WW as it’s now called.

So I’ve done slimming world for years and got to target then had something happen which has meant me slipping back into old habits. Then I’ve lost again and something else has cropped up. It’s become a cycle! So after gaining 11lb during lockdown I’ve thought i’d have a change and try WW. Started Sunday and stuck to it for the last few days.
So I’m using the app and it told me I was more suited to the blue plan and gave me 28 points but it’s since only gave me 23 points.
It says I have 32 weekly remaining which I don’t really get.
I’ll be honest, I’m missing potatoes, rice and pasta! I know I can still have them but they seem like a waste of points now!

Any tips and recipes would be greatly appreciated 🙏 I’m having fajitas for dinner tonight so going to treat myself to a tortilla wrap 🤣 no chips or rice though as that would mean I can’t have a little treat with my cup of tea tonight!!

I need to staple my mouth shut! I've been eating so much junk out of boredom whilst working from home. Too scared to try my work clothes on!

I've redownloaded myfitnesspal and counted every calorie today, think the heat has helped control my appetite 😂

Reactions: 2
It’s not going well for me. Went into town today and my local maccies is open now! Haven’t had one in ages as we don’t have a drive thru near us. Couldn’t resist. Then had dolly mixtures and cheese and onion rolls tonight. duck this fat ass 😂

Reactions: 2
I hit the 2st weight loss mark two weeks ago but seem to have hit a rut since. Just going up or down by 1lb since.
I'm still refusing to calorie count or join slimming world and the like as I don't see the point in paying money to be told stuff which I already know.
Still, my clothes are getting looser through exercise even if my weight is staying more or less the same.

Reactions: 5
Well, for various reasons I got fucked up last night. 1/2 bottle of wine and a bottle of spirits so that's a hundred billion calories. Guess the weight's going up this week...

I’m struggling with my weight lately. Ive always been skinny but then I hit my mid 20s and started putting weight on. I’ve put on weight on my legs and stomach, but still look quite thin, which I think makes my stomach stick out more. I’ve had people ask me if I’m pregnant 😞 Anyway, I’ve been calorie counting and I’ve bought an exercise bike. I’m working out at least 30 minutes a day on the bike and going for long walks but finding it difficult to shift the extra weight.

I'm joining this too. Being in lockdown made me reassess my health and I needed to be lighter then I was. I've started walking 4 miles pretty much everyday and am Intermittent fasting. I have no scales in the house so no idea where I am weight wise but clothes are getting looser slowly. I ideally want to lose a stone and tone up but I've never done this before.

I'm joining this too. Being in lockdown made me reassess my health and I needed to be lighter then I was. I've started walking 4 miles pretty much everyday and am Intermittent fasting. I have no scales in the house so no idea where I am weight wise but clothes are getting looser slowly. I ideally want to lose a stone and tone up but I've never done this before.
How does intermittent fasting work? I never heard of this before

How does intermittent fasting work? I never heard of this before
I went for the 16:8 version as the thought of not eating for a day makes me panic 😆😆 so I can eat between 11am and 7pm then I can't have anything other then water. My downfall was snacking at night, I was eating loads and this stops me. I can be a right miserable witch at night but I just go to bed 😆😆 I've only been doing it for a week. I did worry Id see the 8 hours as a challenge and eat as much as I could but I haven't really.

I went for the 16:8 version as the thought of not eating for a day makes me panic 😆😆 so I can eat between 11am and 7pm then I can't have anything other then water. My downfall was snacking at night, I was eating loads and this stops me. I can be a right miserable witch at night but I just go to bed 😆😆 I've only been doing it for a week. I did worry Id see the 8 hours as a challenge and eat as much as I could but I haven't really.
Snacking at night time is my worst time too!! Good tip go to bed earlier to stop eatting 😂😂 hope you get great results for your first week, interested to see how you get on 😊

Has anyone followed team rh on facebook? There videos are really good worth a watch, and they are funny too 😃it kinda opens your eyes to certain diets that im sure most of us here has done before!
I had signed up to them but I can't stick to the plan 🤣 it does seem like a good plan but I go through days of not eating then binge and can't seem to stop it