Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
Usually between 10% - 20% from each sale from their link/page. If I see something I like or interested in I come out of the gram and Google it myself so they don't earn commission. And I've also got in touch with a company and asked them outright if, insert insta hun name here, is getting commission and if they say yes I told them I was going elsewhere..I've had a few companies gobsmacked by my question/response but hey ho one less sale for them.
But think about it 🤔 how much are they getting from every single item from sweets, toothpaste, dresses, shampoo, make-up, bedding! It all adds up 😐
Imagine being so hard up for money that you would degrade yourself on insta flogging any old crap for a bit of commission.

Reactions: 6

whocarez

VIP Member
so for all her trips this weekend was the first time they all went away together. That's shocking. Fair enough if she was never away but she is never at home

Instamoney

Ah stop, I thought it was a family trip. FFS. 🤣 Absolutely can’t stand Cath kidston brand
Big old- fashioned flowery sofas like ur grannie had or u'd see on emmerdale,No thanks.We have all moved on from that tatty furniture.thanks anyway DFS/cath kidston 🌺🌼🏵

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
We have a comfortable life and pay a HUGE amount of tax each year and get nothing for our kids and it doesn't bother me as we don't need it. Next year if we don't earn as much we'll get family tax benefit to help us out.
If we decide tomorrow to head home to Ireland we can sign up and get child benefit even though we haven't lived at home for over 10yrs.
In my opinion if you don't need it why would you want it and not want it to go to into other services.
Define “need”. I’ve never qualified for anything that’s means tested and while we are comfortable enough we are not rich.
Often “higher earners” which can start at €60k combined income for the crèche grant for example, have taken on a lot of extra work & responsibility to earn that money. It’s unfair that they then qualify for nothing.
I work almost full time and until this budget got about €16 a week per child for my creche fees as I only qualify for a universal grant.
Child benefit aside there are many people in Ireland getting state support where they could work additional hours etc. For example, my Mum needs her carer to do extra hours but if her carer doesn’t want to as she’s lose her benefits.
I’ve no objection to those genuinely in need receiving generous state support. But that’s not how the social welfare system in Ireland actually works and until it does I’ll be keeping my child benefit which is something back for the hours I work, responsibilities I have & level of tax I pay.

PPHat

Good advice @PPHat. Influencers lead you to believe they have lots of disposable income and a lavish lifestyle. Truth is they live off freebies and promote material items that are gifted.

If the likes of Beggy REALLY had lots of cash, they would have had a nice family holiday this year. THEY DIDNT. Not even a weekend self catering somewhere in Ireland.

And as it happens some of my favorite Halloween decorations are my ceramic pumpkins tea light holders that were €2 each in Dealz. 👍👍
So true about the holiday @SweatyBettyT. For all her displays of wealth with expensive clothes and house decorating, I would have thought they’d take a holiday. I know that it’s the one thing I save up for every year. We are so busy throughout the year that we need that downtime as a family. It’s not always abroad either - just a change of scenery is all that’s needed. I appreciate though that not everyone can afford any sort of holiday and I feel privileged to be in a position to get away even for a short break.
So many families, even those with both partners working, are struggling right now. They don’t need social media influencers encouraging them to buy stuff they don’t need. No doubt Team Beggy will be advertising the Elf/Santa thing soon but if families really feel the need to have Christmas themed day out there are much cheaper options that are just as nice.

• Heart

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
🎶 On the 10th day of Christmas, Norma Foley told Beggy-yyy…back to work you lazy fool, no more flexibility-yyy 🤯

• Haha

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
Probably thought it showed him having personality because he was interacting with a kid, I just thought it was sad he couldn’t smile at the kid.
Queue post showing him smile soon…..hi begs 👋🏼
He probably knew he was being filmed.

Anyone else feel the insta bubble has burst. Not just for Beggy, but a lot of the Huns are struggling with content. Imagine if all the teachers and nurses went back to work the difference it would make to the health and educational systems…it would have to relieve some of the pressure, right?

wildatlanticgal

What in the name of God has she got stuck on her head for Punchestown:sick: it's like a bird exploded on her head I mean vomited on her she's a holy show
Seriously ?? ! Has she any idea what she looks like ? Rhetorical question ladies ...I am about to start laughing and may not be able to stop

• Haha
Reactions: 5

whocarez

VIP Member
haha the flight must have killed her 4 hours she couldn't get away from them first for everything

• Haha

whocarez

VIP Member
Looks like they got a Porsche Jeep that she's not shared. Think it was baz I saw in Ballina a while ago with one of the young ones sat in the front.. Elf town profits I'd guess bought it

• Haha

whocarez

VIP Member
Ya i thought same as soon i saw it. Imagine. Babysitter probably filming her and sure like she wouldn't have even done the full walk the boots would be ruined . God almighty.
nothing is just a fun day out it's all an opportunity. iv said it before il say it again.. Those poor kids!

Whatsgoingon898

Regarding the comments about Battle’s size/shape, there is a bit of background or context here so if you haven’t followed her from the beginning you may not be aware. She used to highlight her own size regularly by referring to herself as size XS or 8, etc, even soon after her last pregnancy. Whether she was truly that size or not, who knows 🤷‍♀️ but given her body shape below the waist it didn’t seem true to me. I think the way she portrayed her size after she had twins had the potential to make some women feel bad. She did eventually stop, possibly because she was being called out about it on Tattle.
Look it, at the end of the day she’s marketing products. Those clothes she tried on are frumpy in my opinion and do not suit her but she’s paid to promote them. She’s telling her audience everything is gorgeous/divine, etc but when she’s wearing her own outfits it all seems to much higher end brands.
The whole thing with highlighting her size, promoting clothes that she doesn’t seem to wear in real life, posing in a certain way to achieve flattering angles, use of filters, all speaks to how genuine she is or isn’t, depending on your view, naivety, ability to be influenced, etc.
What I personally dislike about her is the relentless use of her children to promote her Insta account over the years. Children who cannot consent, who are potentially vulnerable to manipulation of their images by AI, etc. That to me speaks volumes about the type of person she is - someone who would disregard her children’s right to privacy to make a few euro. And her a teacher by profession too!
I wasn’t aware of this which does give some context so thank you for that but I do think we can still move away from fat-shaming, weight comments etc and focus on the other areas of her page that are unlikeable eg showing the kids faces, her style, beggy being beggy etc etc
🤷🏻‍♀️

Fruit_Salad lemon

Chatty Member
Sorry to derail

Anyone watch BigHillHouse?

I’m actually unnerved and appalled at her post

She’s literally made her kids Dance like actual performing monkeys so she can have a reel/post up

It’s awful especially the older lad -Jesus.

Good god these woman are SICK

Sets camera up—come on dance dance DANCE!

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
We must take a moment to thank her for taking the time to address the factor 50 application on holidays!
Judging by the state of her skin, she’s about 40 years too late with the factor 50. She almost looks like she has some skin condition with all the blemishes

Ahcomeon

Chatty Member
Does everybody in Ireland get child benefit? Like even though Sarah and Bazza seem very well off does she still get the same amount as a Mum in a struggling family.
Where I live it's means tested. We get nothing for our two kids because we earn over a certain threshold.
Yes everyone. Billionaires down. I think with Sarah and Bazza the wealth is perception more than reality.

bigbertha2021

Yes Yvonne Ystyle. She has a thread here too but it’s pretty quiet.
I like Ystyle’s content
---
Michelle up the lane, does she have a threat here?
what is it about teachers all wanting to be ‘influencers’ ? Few of them now. Too many holidays 😂