Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gossipmongers

The Strangers is really scary. I watch a lot of horror but this one genuinely had a lasting effect on me.

I also like found footage - Blair Witch Project (but not the sequel, it’s unwatchable), unfriended, REC, The Borderlands.
I watched The Strangers when I was 13! - Big mistake

Reactions: 2

ginkypig

I’m looking forward to reading this thread in full! In all likelihood there probably won’t be one in the list I haven’t heard of or seen as I’m a bit obsessed :oops:

I just wanted to mention if you like horror there’s a great streaming service called shudder that is like Netflix but horror film/series specific. Theres stuff from 60’s all the way through to now

we have an Xbox which we use to watch it as then we can watch films on the big to through their Xbox app but there will be other options.

Realitybites

VIP Member
I watched Knock At The Cabin last night, wouldn’t call it horror- horror per se. Should have known with it being M. Night Shyamalan- enjoyed it though

For some reason they are churning out loads of stuff with terrible titles at the moment, saw one the other day for an action show (I think?)called 'Land of Bad'. It's not that hard to think of a better title than that, surely. I don't know if this is beacuse they are direct to streaming they don't need to sell it as much with the title like they would if they had to sell cinema tickets.

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
I'm obviously a big fan of the Halloween franchise, but my all-time favourite horror is Dead End from 2003. I have mentioned it here before. I found it in the ex-rental bin in Blockbuster. It is very atmospheric but also a few funny moments along the way.
I also love dead end, it actually is one of the few films that’s scared me which is surprising. I also love the film identity…again one of the few that’s scared me.
I still, even though I know what happens get scared in the laundry room scene

Another one I usually watch around Halloween that still makes me jump is thirteen ghosts too

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I hope not, they will add CGI that will overwhelm everything. They will ramp up the gore, and they will probably use a muted colour palete. Basically they will do everything that I hate, about modern films and TV shows.
I hope not too. Its simplicity is what makes it so good. One of those films that relies on the actors and not a load of effects.

I'm just surprised it hasn't had one yet.

It's like the 1963 version of The Haunting. Just relies on the actors and is brilliant.

Just watched a horror movie recently Speak no evil. Very disturbing to watch not really my thing, I prefer more haunting based movies.
Speak No Evil is very marmite, I liked the concept but a lot of people took it at face value and dismissed it as stupid.

Unfortunately it's getting a hollywood remake, which will further dilute the premise as I think a major part of that is being guests in a foriegn country.

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
I watched Host on the iPlayer last night after seeing it recommended on this thread, I enjoyed it, it made me jump a few times 😱

troutpout69

VIP Member
I also liked the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday 13th and Jeepers Creepers. Also Audrey Rose

Giving The Lair of the White Worm a go today but as it is apparently more of a bawdy comedy than I expected I may have to queue something a bit more visceral up as a chaser.

Shirley55

Just watched a horror movie recently Speak no evil. Very disturbing to watch not really my thing, I prefer more haunting based movies.

Yesterday's film was Saw 2, I vaguely remember seeing it before as I knew the twist. I don't think it aged particularly well.

Today it is the Argento Cut of Dawn of the Dead, which is a version that cuts out all the humour and satirical scenes in favour of a pure horror.