Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Enjoyed 'Happy Deathday' on Netflix. Think there might be a sequel in the works. I was very disappointed in 'Halloween Ends.'

People have mentioned 'The Others'; the ending creeped me out so much, my scalp tightened to the point of it hurting! I'm sure it was only a 12 as well.
Happy Deathday 2 U came out in 2019, available for rent on Amazon and Youtube for £2.49 according to Just Watch. I recommend that app to everyone: you tell it what subscriptions you have and then you can search whatever you want to watch and it tells you if it is availabke for streaming on any platform and what price if not included.

I saw the new Insidious at the cinema last night, started well enough but was reliant on too many jump scares, I also think it didn't know what it wanted to be in the end and leaned too far into comedy. The best of the series is Chapter 3 for me, I think that one is good even for non-fans of the series as it has almost nothing to do with the rest.

Saw a few trailers, Cobweb looked interesting but the trailer probably gave away too much. I'll still watch it for Antony Starr though.

Talk To Me looked very promising, hoping that is as good as it looks.

I am looking forward to The Last Voyage of Demeter, the new Dracula film. Looks like a strong cast which is always reassuring.

Reactions: 3

CrazyCatLady1092

American horror story is fab if you like horror &/or psychological thriller/dark stuff. I loved the most recent series but I don’t think that’s on Netflix yet (1984).
I also loved the scream series on there & just rewatched all 3 series of “slasher” too on there. This is VERY gory but good if you like the old fashion serial killer horror movies.

I am too not a fan of supernatural however I did like the first haunting in Connecticut film. That freaked me out a bit.
I like last house on the left, dunno if is classes as horror but amazing film...bit of an uncomfortable watch for one part & that’s on Netflix atm.

Also loved the visit, strangers, sixth sense I still struggle to watch & im going on 28!
I also loved the film “identity” which is on Netflix still I think. That used to freak me out.
Hills have eyes (first one)
Wolf creek (first one)
The decent
Halloween films - they all scare me, ever since I was little haha.
30 days of night - vampire film but a good one.
I watched land of the dead again the other night & enjoyed that again.
An old film called Fallen also was one I remembered after watching.
Silence of the lambs.
The crow.

I LOVE horror/thriller films & find they don’t make really good horror ones any more at all. It all seems to be supernatural & I just don’t find them scary at all 🤷🏽‍♀️ Give me an old fashioned serial killer any day!

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I've just watched The Awakening (2011) with Dominic West, Imelda Staunton and Rebecca Hall.

I really enjoyed it. Creepy and ghostly ... my favourite.

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Totally Killer on Amazon Prime was fun.
Reminded me a little of Freaky, the Vince Vaughan horror/comedy from a year or two back.

There are a couple of fun looking movies on the horizon, too.
One about a swimming pool (Night Swim) and one which is a spin on a Christmas classic (It's A Wonderful Knife).

Glad to hear, waiting for it to stream free.

Watched three over the weekend:

Like.Share.Follow

This was passable, not great, not terrible. Ema Horvath did a good job in it but ultimately I think it runs out of steam way before the end, and the finale really lacks any real excitement. 4/10

Saw X

Not a huge fan of the Saw series but heard good things about this, an interesting premise and all the traps were hardcore gore as expected, not for everyone's tastes. Still the tension at the end is undermined somewhat by the formula being stale. 6/10

Baghead

The title of this was a massive failure, it actively put us off selecting it beforehand. It's a nice concept, the opening is very interesting and the main location, a spooky old pub, is great. Unfortunately it trades in creepy for loud jump scares which goes against it, but there's definitely worse offerings out there. 5/10.

• Heart

Londoncailín

VIP Member
I just watched Last Night In Soho . I was pleasantly surprised, really enjoyed it, and think it must be Diana Riggs last film, and she didn’t disappoint.
I watched this film a few nights ago and was also pleasantly surprised. I loved the ’60s London throwbacks.

• Heart

DrLoomis

I'm obviously a big fan of the Halloween franchise, but my all-time favourite horror is Dead End from 2003. I have mentioned it here before. I found it in the ex-rental bin in Blockbuster. It is very atmospheric but also a few funny moments along the way.

"Christmas Eve. On his way to his in-laws with his family, Frank Harrington decides to try a shortcut, for the first time in 20 years. It turns out to be the biggest mistake of his life."

I also really enjoy The Ring and The Conjuring series. Special mention for The Blair Witch Project as well. I know it is very love or hate but for me there is just something that really gives me the creeps.

Sunflower91

VIP Member
I had nightmares for a week after watching the strangers. Since then I haven’t been able to watch many scary movies.
I liked sleepy hollow, the others and the ring.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
If you want a good old fashioned chiller of a horror film, may I recommend The Changeling. It was made in 1980, with George C Scott in the lead role. I had not seen the film in years, but it was recently shown on the freeview channel Talking Pictures. Highly recommended.

• Heart

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Did you like The Babadook?
I find films from all genres rarely have satisfying endings .

grannypants

VIP Member
I watched both Abigail and Immaculate this week and thought they were both excellent! Abigail really hit that mark of gory horror with a touch of comedy, just like Ready or Not, and Immaculate was so serious and thought-provoking (especially the last scene).

I feel like we‘re in a true golden age for horror at the moment and I’m loving it! What films are you looking forward to most this year? For me, it’s Maxxxine and the Terrifier 3 😍

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I rewatched The Nun last night. It had been a while since I watched it and wanted to refresh my memory before watching The Nun 2.

It gets a bit of a bad rap but I think it's good. My only thoughts last night was that Father Burke was as useless as a chocolate teapot. Poor old Sister Irene would have been better on her own with Frenchie. 🤣
---
For anyone interested, this is what the actress looks like who plays Valak.

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Has anyone here watched "The Sadness" ?
I think you'd have to be a proper hardcore horror film fan and also prepared to watch subtitled as this is from Taiwan.
This is BY FAR the most horrendous film I have ever seen but brilliant. Highly recommended :LOL: