Homewithshan #4 Baby girrrrl is here, I need that content for the ‘gram”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate this too. I remember seeing a post on Facebook on a group and someone commented basically saying that if someone’s house was clean and tidy then they’re an absent parent 😂 couldn’t be further from the truth. Also it’s a weekend therefore ash will still be home, is he really that useless that he can’t even do a bit housework or a stick a wash load on?! I wonder if she realises how completely useless she makes him look. We always took turns when my son contact napped, one would do the housework while the other lay on the sofa with him and then swap for the next nap so that we both got to cuddle with him for his naps. The difference in the way George was dumped in his bouncer with his bottle propped up from being tiny to the way she portrays she is with Halle couldn’t be more obvious.
So agree with this. Especially when you have a second. Yes - you’re a new mother to a brand new person but you’re also the same mother you were to the child you already have and that child deserves for you to pick up where you left off the day before giving birth back to their regular routine, particularly when they have a huge life changing event. Consistency is key.

Although she may think the washing can wait, it can’t. He needs clean clothes, clean cups and plates. Pop baby in the sling and crack on. That’s what everyone does when you have multiple children! I can’t understand why she’s wasting time setting up the camera, walking over to the sofa and carefully placing baby on her tummy. When she’s finished, she walks back over to the camera and turns it off before she then goes to edit it and perhaps reshoot the video. All in this time, she could have just shoved the washing on/ walked the dog or do whatever needs to be done with baby in that very expensive sling she was lucky to have been gifted.

Also, putting The Gruffalo on as a treat is just as baffling. Anything to not have to bother. Breastfeeding is sooooo time consuming in the beginning but it doesn’t seem fair for her to always cut corners with G. I’m not saying that the tv isn’t a godsend at times - of course it is - but all he ever gets is the tv. I remember when my youngest was about a month old and he was in the throes of cluster feeding. I was sat on my bed breastfeeding one side with one hand and giving my eldest her bottle of milk with the other next to me. I didn’t just stick tv on night after night after night because it was tiring. G deserves for his mum to be every bit as hands on (haha) as she was before, even when she’s up half the night with the newborn. That’s part and parcel of having more than one child!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So agree with this. Especially when you have a second. Yes - you’re a new mother to a brand new person but you’re also the same mother you were to the child you already have and that child deserves for you to pick up where you left off the day before giving birth back to their regular routine, particularly when they have a huge life changing event. Consistency is key.

Although she may think the washing can wait, it can’t. He needs clean clothes, clean cups and plates. Pop baby in the sling and crack on. That’s what everyone does when you have multiple children! I can’t understand why she’s wasting time setting up the camera, walking over to the sofa and carefully placing baby on her tummy. When she’s finished, she walks back over to the camera and turns it off before she then goes to edit it and perhaps reshoot the video. All in this time, she could have just shoved the washing on/ walked the dog or do whatever needs to be done with baby in that very expensive sling she was lucky to have been gifted.

Also, putting The Gruffalo on as a treat is just as baffling. Anything to not have to bother. Breastfeeding is sooooo time consuming in the beginning but it doesn’t seem fair for her to always cut corners with G. I’m not saying that the tv isn’t a godsend at times - of course it is - but all he ever gets is the tv. I remember when my youngest was about a month old and he was in the throes of cluster feeding. I was sat on my bed breastfeeding one side with one hand and giving my eldest her bottle of milk with the other next to me. I didn’t just stick tv on night after night after night because it was tiring. G deserves for his mum to be every bit as hands on (haha) as she was before, even when she’s up half the night with the newborn. That’s part and parcel of having more than one child!
You absolutely hit the nail on the head! 👏

I wish she read here so she would take note and learn how to be a half decent parent but I really don’t think she does.
---
I'm pretty sure the jojo stuff was gifted!!! I get ths tif you aren't going to wear them again to pass them on, but surely gift it to a friend or donate it?! But then that deinst surprise me she's trying to make money out of free gifted stuff though.

ETA: just found the it, she's got it for sale for £9 but it's still the principle!!

I'm going to go send a screen shot to Jojo and tell them I'm disappointed in them gifting things for crappy influencers to sell and that it's put me off buying anything from them in future!
Great idea, let us know if they get back to you! Hopefully they won’t gift here anything else in the future. What an absolute cheeky mare she is.

Reactions: 3
Great idea, let us know if they get back to you! Hopefully they won’t gift here anything else in the future. What an absolute cheeky mare she is.
Haven't had a chance to do it yet but I definitely am going to do it and will definitely update on hereid in get a reply!

Also, I'm not down with the kids anymore but WTF is "cluster feeding vibes"?! I thought the term "vibe" was like a positive energy type of thing..?! She's an compete dick. I wish she did read here to see she's not the cool amazing person she thinks she is.

Reactions: 5
On the subject of the dog, does she ever walk him? I never see it in her list of chores. Surely walking the dog is the perfect realistic mother routine?
Im out with dog and baby twice a day - you can't leave them at home all day, it is unfair on the poor animal.

I wouldn't be surprised if she has read here at least once and perhaps her ego couldn't take it.

Reactions: 4
So I've just emailed Jojo Maman Bebe. Supposedly they respond to emails within 48 hours so I'm interested to see if they will reply to mine.

Seems like she’s just doing exactly everything Cary’s does 🙈 one was bad enough, now there’s two

Reactions: 1
You worded it so well!
When I had my second I only worked harder (and smarter, eg baby in the sling) not less. My first is still a toddler and needs all the support and normality to get used to the change. The bare minimums for your family can wait but making content can’t?

When did she make her famous pancakes for G last? Hang on, now she is in her cluster feeding and breastfeeding friendly clothes era and can’t anymore.

Honestly though, what is a better time to read with your toddler than when baby is feeding. You are all seated, baby is quiet and needs little attention, toddler feels included. I just can’t with her🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 5
She isn't really an 'influencer' as such either, is she? Her following isn't that huge, she doesn't get invited to influencer events that big brands organise and she isn't sponsored by any companies. She simply gets gifted stuff which frankly, a lot of companies just send out to consumers. She doesn't make a living out of social media and her engagement is poor at best. She could just about be what brands consider a 'microinfluencer'.

She isn't really an 'influencer' as such either, is she? Her following isn't that huge, she doesn't get invited to influencer events that big brands organise and she isn't sponsored by any companies. She simply gets gifted stuff which frankly, a lot of companies just send out to consumers. She doesn't make a living out of social media and her engagement is poor at best. She could just about be what brands consider a 'microinfluencer'.
I’m sure someone commented in here that she makes more money each month from YouTube/socials than she does her actual job? I haven’t seen the figures. But if that’s true then I’d say she does actually manage to make a living from social media. Might not be mega bucks but a good income to say it is done on the side of also having a full time job.

I’m sure someone commented in here that she makes more money each month from YouTube/socials than she does her actual job? I haven’t seen the figures. But if that’s true then I’d say she does actually manage to make a living from social media. Might not be mega bucks but a good income to say it is done on the side of also having a full time job.
She is absolutely desperate to be a full time influencer so if she was making more money from social media than her job I'm sure she would have quit her job

Reactions: 2
I think she said her work take home is £2k per month and income from youtube/insta was £2k a month as well.
---
Just looked and her end of 2022 one she was getting £1500 from youtube etc and then her budget for 2023 she said for Jan she paid herself £1k after paying tax.

Last edited:
I
She is absolutely desperate to be a full time influencer so if she was making more money from social media than her job I'm sure she would have quit her job
Yeahhh, tbh I think you’d have to be bringing in a significant amount more to make it actually worth your while to quit your full time job especially if you have a government pension. Her pension is probably really good, holiday pay, sick pay, maternity is 6 months full pay with government I think, which obviously you wouldn’t get if you’re self employed.. she’d have been daft to have quit her job already knowing she was going to have another baby, even if she was making a similar amount month to month from both. She’s got used to a certain “life style” so I doubt she’ll quit her job until she’s earning way more from socials (if that ever happens) to make up for no longer getting pension, holidays etc.

I would love to see her at an "influencers" event! She'd be so out of her depth! I mean, we hardly ever see or hear about her being with friends (because I don't think she has very many) so I can't see her with a group of people battling over their narcissistic egos! 😂

She definitely isn't huge in influencer levels, however the fact she has a relatively large following and seems like a "relatable" person is obviously why brands may like her, unlike the ones who are already rich and famous.

Reactions: 2
I would love to see her at an "influencers" event! She'd be so out of her depth! I mean, we hardly ever see or hear about her being with friends (because I don't think she has very many) so I can't see her with a group of people battling over their narcissistic egos! 😂

She definitely isn't huge in influencer levels, however the fact she has a relatively large following and seems like a "relatable" person is obviously why brands may like her, unlike the ones who are already rich and famous.
I thought about that too when I mentioned she doesnt have hobbies. Being social can be a hobby. But you need friends for that.

She doesn't really have a big following though. At all. 50k followers in these day and age is nothing. Specially if you consider the amount of bots she must have - her engagement rate is appalling so its a no brainer.
I also wouldnt be surprised if those £1-2k a month wouldn't also be a result of her reselling 'gifted' items, selling appalling spreadsheets on etsy etc. If you divide the amount of hours she dedicates to social media, editing etc and the amount she gets in cash, she would be better off working at McDonalds. Albeit a bit less fun for her.
---
Every time I see that damn kitchen I hate it a bit more!
Its so meh.
---
Pretty far away from £1-2k a month...
IMG_9172.png
IMG_9172.png

Last edited:
Not wanting to stick up for her but With 50k followers she can charge £500-£1000 per add though so that’s where the money comes from

I worked in influencer marketing for a company a couple of years ago, and we would gift products worth around £200 in exchange for posts on IG. When looking for influencers and bloggers we’d target anyone with a following over 5K. We generally found that once you get to 15K followers, they generally start to want paying and aren’t happy to just do gifted products with no extra £.

So tbh I imagine that with 50K followers she can command a fair whack.

Maybe socialblade is just giving an estimate for AdSense earnings?

• Wow
I worked in influencer marketing for a company a couple of years ago, and we would gift products worth around £200 in exchange for posts on IG. When looking for influencers and bloggers we’d target anyone with a following over 5K. We generally found that once you get to 15K followers, they generally start to want paying and aren’t happy to just do gifted products with no extra £.

So tbh I imagine that with 50K followers she can command a fair whack.

Maybe socialblade is just giving an estimate for AdSense earnings?
I appreciate all this is "possible" but she does very few ads in her posts. Maybe some more in stories which command less ££. Gift products aren't income, unless she resells them (for less value).

Most big brands wouldn't just look at her following. If your engagement rate isn't great and there is fear of "bots", I can guarantee you they will not work with you.

I worked in Marketing for one of the largest sports brand and we only paid actual cash to very large celebrities and influencers with 1M+ following, the rest would just get free products.

Regardless, unless she is lying to the same government she works for, if you look at her company accounts for the past year, her revenue is only around 20k. The year before was just over £4k. Hardly the big bucks she claims. You have to consider she will have to pay tax on top (and include her salary as revenue) so if you do the math, that does not add to £2k a month. She is also claiming no expenses, but realistically, she may have had to invest in lenses, cameras etc for the business. It'd be very silly not to claim it from a tax perspective. If I was her, I would be putting things like my car and anything that could potentially be claimed as a "business expense" through the business to get a tax relief.

EDIT: She will also have to pay the accountants, which is clear she uses from her company address. A standard business expense.

So either she is lying or she is taking cash home without formally reporting in her accounts (nor paying taxes).
---
Not wanting to stick up for her but With 50k followers she can charge £500-£1000 per add though so that’s where the money comes from
Definitely not that amount from big brands. I know this first hand. Also she does few ads on posts. Also, this isn't showing in her company accounts. The reason why only small-ish brands work with her is because these are less likely to consider engagement rates.

Last edited:
The accounts available on companies house for a company like hers will basically just be a balance sheet showing assets and liabilities rather than revenue or profit and loss, no?

I did one module of basic accounting at uni for some easy marks and that was… a long time ago now 🙃 so please feel free to educate me how you can tell these things from the balance sheet because it fries my head a little lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.