Homewithshan #4 Baby girrrrl is here, I need that content for the ‘gram”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously not 😂

Did she post that silly feeds comparison to prove how much she breastfeeds..? Take your bets

Reactions: 3
I don’t get logging feeds, especially breastfeeding. You have no way of knowing how much they’re getting each time so it’s pointless

Reactions: 4
No I didn’t wear the disposable nappies either, I would of felt absolutely ridiculous and like a weirdo. I just used the normal maternity pads like the majority of normal people! I’ve only ever heard of these instagrammers wearing them, I didn’t even know they were a thing before I seen some strange people sharing a photo of them wearing nothing with one after birth. Ridiculous the lengths they will go to to try and seem relatable.

Reactions: 2
Tbf i did go for the disposables after birth ( c section) and they were awesome 😂😂😂 10/10 would recommend.

Used them for about a week but even with a c section I was on normal pads for a month. Something I was not prepared for hahah. Deffo no bath water was coming near me.

Reactions: 6
I did use the disposable nappies for few days after birth and they were great but I forgot to inform my social media about them. I did however not realise how short my nightie was at the back and exposed said nappy to a couple of ladies on the ward who kindly informed me 🤣

Reactions: 3
Yeah, let’s not shame women for wearing nappies. You’d have felt like a weirdo for wearing them? Um, ok. Well they exist and they sell them at pretty much all supermarkets and so lots of women clearly do wear them, and not just for post partum.

I got them and tbh they were great - essentially they’re just big stretchy disposable knickers. I’m pregnant again now and I’m going to get them again for the first few days.

Reactions: 11
No I didn’t wear the disposable nappies either, I would of felt absolutely ridiculous and like a weirdo. I just used the normal maternity pads like the majority of normal people! I’ve only ever heard of these instagrammers wearing them, I didn’t even know they were a thing before I seen some strange people sharing a photo of them wearing nothing with one after birth. Ridiculous the lengths they will go to to try and seem relatable.
Why does wearing disposable maternity pants make someone a weirdo? Shan is the one that called them nappies but they're not actually marketed as that.

I wore them after a C-section as they were a lot more comfortable and offered a bit of support compared to normal underwear. I must be a weirdo 🙄
---
Tbf i did go for the disposables after birth ( c section) and they were awesome 😂😂😂 10/10 would recommend.

Used them for about a week but even with a c section I was on normal pads for a month. Something I was not prepared for hahah. Deffo no bath water was coming near me.
Yip, would definitely use them again, especially after a C-section. The catheter and normal pads was not an ideal combo and the disposables were much more comfortable.

Reactions: 5
Obviously not 😂

Did she post that silly feeds comparison to prove how much she breastfeeds..? Take your bets
I honestly don’t get that comparison? If anything that looks to me she may not be breastfeeding enough? You can’t put a timer on breastfeeding, but a 1-2 week old who goes roughly 3 hours between only 20 min feeds sounds..unusual.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yeah, let’s not shame women for wearing nappies. You’d have felt like a weirdo for wearing them? Um, ok. Well they exist and they sell them at pretty much all supermarkets and so lots of women clearly do wear them, and not just for post partum.
I think the difference is that most people who do wear disposable pants don't share pictures of them wearing them with strangers on the Internet.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with them or sharing that you may wear them, but nobody needs a picture of anyone wearing them?!

Reactions: 5
I honestly don’t get that comparison? If anything that looks to me she may not be breastfeeding enough? You can’t put a timer on breastfeeding, but a 1-2 week old who goes roughly 3 hours between only 20 min feeds sounds..unusual.
I thought so too but then every baby is different so I didn't want to judge
---
Some people do. Mine only lasted 2 weeks though.. first week heavy and then gradually tapered off. I was pretty surprised how quickly it was over with for me 🤷🏼‍♀️
I was only heavy for a few days then stopped after about a week

Reactions: 1
Yeh general household chores can wait but she has time to set up the camera to record herself and write this......

Screenshot_2023-07-16-17-49-17-67_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Lurker but joining in,
She's such a terrible actress isn't she, even cuddling her baby looks fake and put on 😂

Reactions: 6
Do you know what, I hate this kind of mentality. The washing and hoovering can wait. Yeah of course it can but it's possible to do both. You can cuddle your baby and put a wash on, it literally takes less than 5 minutes to load the machine.
Just feeds into the mentality that if your home is tidy you're a strict mum. I love a tidy house but my babies aren't missing out on cuddles.
Please, for the love of god, get your own vibe Shan and stop repeating things you see on the internet.

Reactions: 17
Do you know what, I hate this kind of mentality. The washing and hoovering can wait. Yeah of course it can but it's possible to do both. You can cuddle your baby and put a wash on, it literally takes less than 5 minutes to load the machine.
Just feeds into the mentality that if your home is tidy you're a strict mum. I love a tidy house but my babies aren't missing out on cuddles.
Please, for the love of god, get your own vibe Shan and stop repeating things you see on the internet.
She'll be raving about her gifted baby carrier soon enough so she'll have no excuses not to get the housework done. Strap baby on and off you go!

Reactions: 7
She's trying to come across as a 'natural' mother compared to last time when she just put George down as she didn't want him to co sleep etc. Now she is portaying the opposite 🤔 it's most likely all an act to look good- like every other influencer.

• Heart
I hate this too. I remember seeing a post on Facebook on a group and someone commented basically saying that if someone’s house was clean and tidy then they’re an absent parent 😂 couldn’t be further from the truth. Also it’s a weekend therefore ash will still be home, is he really that useless that he can’t even do a bit housework or a stick a wash load on?! I wonder if she realises how completely useless she makes him look. We always took turns when my son contact napped, one would do the housework while the other lay on the sofa with him and then swap for the next nap so that we both got to cuddle with him for his naps. The difference in the way George was dumped in his bouncer with his bottle propped up from being tiny to the way she portrays she is with Halle couldn’t be more obvious.

I hate this too. I remember seeing a post on Facebook on a group and someone commented basically saying that if someone’s house was clean and tidy then they’re an absent parent 😂 couldn’t be further from the truth. Also it’s a weekend therefore ash will still be home, is he really that useless that he can’t even do a bit housework or a stick a wash load on?! I wonder if she realises how completely useless she makes him look. We always took turns when my son contact napped, one would do the housework while the other lay on the sofa with him and then swap for the next nap so that we both got to cuddle with him for his naps. The difference in the way George was dumped in his bouncer with his bottle propped up from being tiny to the way she portrays she is with Halle couldn’t be more obvious.
Yeah, I was told not to have a tidy house when the health visitor came out as they will think I'm neglecting the baby and I was like, so should I mess it up or.....I mean, I'm a naturally tidy person. I don't like clutter etc and I had a newborn, it's not like he was pulling 30000 toys out. Now is a different story, he helps with the hoovering so my house might be a bombsite 99% of the time but at least it's clean 😂

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.