Homewithshan #4 Baby girrrrl is here, I need that content for the ‘gram”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I appreciate all this is "possible" but she does very few ads in her posts. Maybe some more in stories which command less ££. Gift products aren't income, unless she resells them (for less value).

Most big brands wouldn't just look at her following. If your engagement rate isn't great and there is fear of "bots", I can guarantee you they will not work with you.

I worked in Marketing for one of the largest sports brand and we only paid actual cash to very large celebrities and influencers with 1M+ following, the rest would just get free products.

Regardless, unless she is lying to the same government she works for, if you look at her company accounts for the past year, her revenue is only around 20k. The year before was just over £4k. Hardly the big bucks she claims. You have to consider she will have to pay tax on top (and include her salary as revenue) so if you do the math, that does not add to £2k a month. She is also claiming no expenses, but realistically, she may have had to invest in lenses, cameras etc for the business. It'd be very silly not to claim it from a tax perspective. If I was her, I would be putting things like my car and anything that could potentially be claimed as a "business expense" through the business to get a tax relief.

EDIT: She will also have to pay the accountants, which is clear she uses from her company address. A standard business expense.

So either she is lying or she is taking cash home without formally reporting in her accounts (nor paying taxes).
---

Definitely not that amount from big brands. I know this first hand. Also she does few ads on posts. Also, this isn't showing in her company accounts. The reason why only small-ish brands work with her is because these are less likely to consider engagement rates.
I’ve got quite a few friends who are ‘influencers’ and quite a few who work for PR agencies. the standard rate to charge for 3 stories is 1-2% of followers. Brands consider engagement rates of 2-3% as standard these days so her engagement is pretty normal. She could be doing a lot more and earning a decent amount of money but she’s lazy and just expects brand deals to fall in her lap. Pretty sure she has PR representation too

Reactions: 1
I’ve got quite a few friends who are ‘influencers’ and quite a few who work for PR agencies. the standard rate to charge for 3 stories is 1-2% of followers. Brands consider engagement rates of 2-3% as standard these days so her engagement is pretty normal. She could be doing a lot more and earning a decent amount of money but she’s lazy and just expects brand deals to fall in her lap. Pretty sure she has PR representation too
So those 1-2% accounts to £500-1000 like someone mentioned before. I wasn't doubting that.
I've seen her engagement shown as anything from 0.2 to 5% depending on the calculator they've used.

Not sure if it's laziness or lack of time. To be honest, and this is just my opinion, I think the time investment require from her part is huge considering she is a working mum of 2. No way in h@ll I would spend all that time away from my family doing what she does for a pretty buck. What does she do with G when she has to spend hours editing youtube vids?

Reactions: 2
So those 1-2% accounts to £500-1000 like someone mentioned before. I wasn't doubting that.
I've seen her engagement shown as anything from 0.2 to 5% depending on the calculator they've used.

Not sure if it's laziness or lack of time. To be honest, and this is just my opinion, I think the time investment require from her part is huge considering she is a working mum of 2. No way in h@ll I would spend all that time away from my family doing what she does for a pretty buck. What does she do with G when she has to spend hours editing youtube vids?
She ignores him and sits him in front of the tv or facing the wall to eat

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She ignores him and sits him in front of the tv or facing the wall to eat
This!

When she mentions things she does as part of her #mumlife, it's basically either taking George to the park or softplay. While they are good things to do, there's also 1001 other things you can do with a toddler if you either have a think or literally look on Instagram! I'm pretty sure it wasn't that long ago she found feeding ducks as a revelation for an activity with a toddler. 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I wonder how many ££ worth of Hello Fresh credit she's had over the years, she deffo doesn't pay for all these boxes

Reactions: 5
I wonder how many ££ worth of Hello Fresh credit she's had over the years, she deffo doesn't pay for all these boxes
But do you also think she cooks them all? Some of them take 45-50min to prepare. I stopped because I simply havent got all that time to prep food.

I bet if people didn't us her code, she definitely wouldn't use them as often as she does!
She only ever seems to share the pasta meals from them. I found hellofresh was mostly pasta meals anyway which I know I could make for cheaper buying the ingredients from scratch.

We occasionally get a gousto box as they have a better range of meals and handy if we're going to stay in a holiday cottage.

Reactions: 4
But do you also think she cooks them all? Some of them take 45-50min to prepare. I stopped because I simply havent got all that time to prep food.
Yeah that's a fair observation, I think she just uses them to fill her fridge and uses the ingredients how she likes. A couple of times she's said about having X leftover from a HF to use up and it's something that would be a main ingredient of a dish, not like a lemon or a bit of rocket.

Reactions: 1
If you're a new mum to one child and the only thing youve done all day is feed your baby then fine. But you have another child Shan so it's not good enough I'm afraid. You do need to do more stuff. You need to wash George's clothes, play with him, walk your dog, cook his tea, bath him, read a story. Sorry but you don't get to just feed your baby and do duck all. Come off the internet and look after your toddler who needs you now more than ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If you're a new mum to one child and the only thing youve done all day is feed your baby then fine. But you have another child Shan so it's not good enough I'm afraid. You do need to do more stuff. You need to wash George's clothes, play with him, walk your dog, cook his tea, bath him, read a story. Sorry but you don't get to just feed your baby and do duck all. Come off the internet and look after your toddler who needs you now more than ever.
I came to say the same thing! Even if you have help from your partner or family, any other children in the scene still need as much attention and love from their mother. I get it isn't easy, but maybe instead of making a stupid post, spend some time with George. 🤬 She literally eye-f****ing herself in that shot too. 🤮

Reactions: 7
That babies face is always absolutely squished into her breast, it's freaking me out!!! I had to find this thread just to say that.

Does it count as solo parenting if your child is in nursery three days a week?
Yes? I'm a single parent and mine went to nursery 2 or 3 days a week
Not a fan of the term solo parenting tbh as it sounds like people are single parents when they aren't

Reactions: 3
Yes? I'm a single parent and mine went to nursery 2 or 3 days a week
Not a fan of the term solo parenting tbh as it sounds like people are single parents when they aren't
Totally agree. She is completely obsessed with the term 'solo parenting', it is her whole personality and I'm sure it's probably one of the first things she tells people whenever she meets them. She goes on like it's something amazing she's doing but in reality she's a terrible mother. I am by myself Monday - Friday with our 1 year old as my partner works away and I work Monday - Thursday but I don't feel like the term 'solo parent' is appropriate and wouldn't feel fair on actual solo parents juggling everything completely by themselves to label myself like she does, I still have his full support and financial contributions and when he is here he does majority of parenting to make up for being away, so to me 'solo parent' is a single parent who is doing it all on their own.

The only time I would maybe find it acceptable for her to use solo parent is when Ash has been deployed and away for months, but she can't even use that soon as he's leaving sometime soon.

Otherwise I see it as the same as a single parent who has little to no support from the other parent. She's probably only using that title as an excuse for her piss poor lazy parenting.

Reactions: 5
Solo parenting is being a single parent, end of. It still applies if the kid is in education or nursery , no matter how many hours a week. If you work, if you’re a stay at home parent, if you work part time or claim
Benefits. You are a solo parent if you are a single parent. That’s my opinion anyway.

Reactions: 8
Just watched her q&a and she says that George just screams at her in the morning because he wants to go downstairs and watch tv of wants toast and she doesn’t know what she has done to deserve being screamed at!?!? Is she for real? He’s 2, has just had a massive adjustment in his life and she’s wondering what she’s done to deserve that? She doesn’t deserve George if thats her attitude towards him, poor boy!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Just watched her q&a and she says that George just screams at her in the morning because he wants to go downstairs and watch tv of wants toast and she doesn’t know what she has done to deserve being screamed at!?!? Is she for real? He’s 2, has just had a massive adjustment in his life and she’s wondering what she’s done to deserve that? She doesn’t deserve George if thats her attitude towards him, poor boy!
I’m only 20 minutes in and I’ve watched the majority of it in disgust and shaking my head about the way she talks about him. She can’t stand that poor boy and it’s clear as day to see. She also has a naughty step for George 😩 isn’t this a massively outdated technique that doesn’t even work anyway? I don’t know anyone at all these days who does this and certainly wouldn’t use one myself but then again she is so far out of touch from standard parenting. She hasn’t got an ounce of patience for him in her body.

Reactions: 8
v random but it really grates on me how like… wobbly she is? 😂 every video and photo she posts she’s got limbs everywhere. An arm here a leg here. I - I don’t get it 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.