Home_withthedunsmures #4 wet plaster, black mould, that island on wheels is comedy gold

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Canā€™t believe how much sheā€™s paid for carpets Iā€™ve just googled the one she posted ! Sorry to keep harping on about my own Reno but no way could I afford Ā£40 per sqm šŸ˜‚ ours were all under 19.99, first house and not wanting to overspend before we see profits and all that, I never got mine on tick though so suppose thatā€™s the difference
I could never spend 6k on carpets to have them up against the horrible, skinny skirting boards. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 7
Omg now buying all new bedroom furniture when hers is fine. Abby hun when this land and extension being purchased

• Haha
Reactions: 14
They must be deep in the red now surely? She's spending like it's going out of fashion and is hardly working... Does she suddenly think because she's on an advertised salary she ll be rich? I do not get this woman at all she's so manic.

Reactions: 9
Her bedroom furniture isn't even a few years old! She spent a fortune on it from cotswold maybe a year or so ago. So there's nothing wrong with it, she just wants a new aesthetic. When in reality it's not a necessity. She is going with fad pieces and a new trend. The furniture she has is timeless and can go with any style. But Abby being Abby, if Abby wants, Abby gets.

FFS my bed is 6 years old, has a broken ottoman pump and chips out the oak wood and a done in mattress yet I've not been in a rush to replace it. Despite earning more than double than Abby. She is soo manic it's embarrassing.

Omg that clip of her saying the cat is cuddly and she finally caught it on camera.

Abby, the stray neighborhood cat in my street does the exact same thing when I hover my hand above its head šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I was thinking her current bedroom furniture must have cost a bit because that company can be expensive, itā€™s also nicer than what she wants to change too, thatā€™s my opinion but just seems it would match more things as she changes her mind every 5 minutes at least plain white will be able to keep up rather than the French chateau style

Reactions: 4
I was thinking her current bedroom furniture must have cost a bit because that company can be expensive, itā€™s also nicer than what she wants to change too, thatā€™s my opinion but just seems it would match more things as she changes her mind every 5 minutes at least plain white will be able to keep up rather than the French chateau style
I am new to this thread, been here about a week. She is my new favourite Insta account! She is so influenced by what her life/house looks like online. Iā€™ve been on tattle a while because I hate the dishonesty of influencers and the pressure they put on people to have their lifestyle. I am always fascinated when I see someone that is so easily influenced. And isnā€™t she influenced!!!

I bought my first house about 15 years ago, before the influence of social media kicked in. It was furnished with hand-me downs and IKEA. I painted the whole place and had to make do with what I could afford. I was really lucky that I could enjoy my house without the worry of creating the ā€˜Insta aestheticā€™. I also was really aware of the ā€˜ceiling priceā€™ for the road. Fitting a new kitchen or adding an extension were real options but would have cost me more than I would ever have got back when I sold the place. (Am also certain painting doors black isnā€™t a winner in the resale market).

Since then I have moved and earn a lot more, however I wonā€™t buy into decorating for a social media account. I would like new carpets but wouldnā€™t consider putting Ā£6k on credit.
I bought some new furniture this year from ebay, all beautiful oak furniture in excellent condition but a bargain. I love buying second hand furniture that is what I want but affordable. I stalk eBay and Facebook market place like a hawk! I even bought bedding I had seen in M&S on EBay, it was brand new and half the price.

She is so desperate for that house to look good on the gram that like many, many, many others before her she will run up debt and never be happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This is definitely chipped because absolutely minimum prep was doneā€¦ why was grey undercoat not used šŸ˜© also the before and afters, but itā€™s not really after because itā€™s not actually finished. Just be patient and stop trying so hard for content

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Tell me Abby reads tattle without telling me she reads tattle šŸ¤Ŗ

She's repainted the doors in matt black šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I know she's getting new Ā£6k carpets, but jesus wept šŸ˜­ can she not take care of the ones she has now?! She's so messy and cavalier with that paintbrush.

Black paint all over the wall and floor from where the door has been rubbing on the carpet šŸ˜­

Reactions: 15
Has she done the doors matt and the radiators gloss? They look different

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can someone take pity on those of us who are blocked and post screenshots please šŸ™

Iā€™ve seen more pics of Stephen Bearā€™s mangled member than Abbyā€™s home reno ā€œprogressā€. Iā€™m sad this isnā€™t a more pic heavy thread

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Those doors wouldā€™ve looked 10x better if she used round door knobs instead of those ugly skinny handles which are most definitely not brass.

And sheā€™s made an absolute shitshow of those radiators. I hate painted radiators in general but my god black gloss is a wholeeee other level of BOKEšŸ¤®

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.