Home_withthedunsmures #4 wet plaster, black mould, that island on wheels is comedy gold

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Before I bought my house I couldn’t get a packet of crisps on finance. Now I have about £30k of credit available. She’s 💯 applying for every credit card offer that comes though via email from the minute you get a mortgage. The problem is I have self control so use what I need and can afford to pay back. She’ll have a great time for the 12-18 months the 0% offers are on then she’ll be up tit creek without a paddle and a whole load of plastic shite she doesn’t need.

Reactions: 12
I have to admit I made the gloss mistake when I bought my first house. Painted one window cill and went straight back out for egg shell. Black gloss will be even worse.
She’d be so much better using that money to just replace the radiators. I replaced 5 of ours for super fancy modern ones recently for about £800 but there’s loads of cheaper options and surely Jonny of all trades could fit them for them.

Reactions: 7
It’s a horrendous paint to work with and I didn’t even know it came in black! 🤢
Neither did she until she spotted it in the shop, just like every other awful purchase she has made, she buys everything on a whim. crappy paint from Wilkos that’s cheap for a reason.

Reactions: 5
I can’t wait until she discovers column radiators exist and are readily available at b&q these days. 💳

Reactions: 6
I can’t believe the state of the skirting boards and that huge gap between them and the flooring

it must be absolutely freezing Baltic with the draft coming in there and with thrrr only being 1 radiator. You’ll need more than hand warmers hen, it’s to be -5° this week. I think she is realising what a mistake she’s madebuying this house. The distain in her voice when mentioning how cold it is and the mould around the window seals (least if your problems Abby)

also I’d be pissed if someone bought be daughter a dress ‘to wear on Christmas day’ please don’t tell me how to dress my child on Christmas Day 😂💀 I deliberately wouldn’t wear it on her

Reactions: 21
It was the Instagram dream for her to buy a reno she probably thought it was throw some paint on the walls. I honestly think it was the big rush to buy for her. She jumped head first in not realising just how much work and money it would be. She wants it all easy she wants a decorating job not a reno and the tit shes placing around tells me that. New Windows, guttering, so much needs to be done but to abby its not instagramable so she don't care. I can't even with her dehumidifier 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 5
She needs to just calm down with buying the nik naks and live in it while it’s in its Reno phase for a while it’s messy and horrible but it’s got to be done or your just going to end up changing or redoing things that have been rushed ! Live in it messy and then live in it very plain “clinical” white so you can see what colours suit the rooms in all seasons, I say this as I’m repainting some bad choices I made in the hallway as I was rushing and colour copying f&b which I despised as soon as it was done haha

Reactions: 8
That dehumidifier is hilarious. The description says it holds 500ml , but only draws 250ml a day 😂 that is nothing. I have one that fills 4 litres in no time at all, and my house is not visibility damp like theirs. What a wee fanny 😂

Black gloss is awful. I hate gloss anyway, but black 😂 she's clearly going for the insta look, however that will miss the mark once again and just buying cheap. I didn't even use white gloss in our house as it's just awful and yellows. We used satin throughout.

Still can't get over how spends hundreds in primark and h&m on utter crap but buys a ten quid disposable dehumidifier 🤣🤣 that tells me she couldn't even be asked to Google it.

Just a thought is the shops she buys from not ones that take Klarna? H&M, B&M … the island was from
Studio … I mean each to their own, I’ve used Klarna for most of my kids ‘big ticket’ Xmas presents. But I use my head, won’t be taking anything out until it’s paid off and … not buy absolute tat with it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I thought her comments about the heatless curler from boots was weird… “I would have bought it online but I wanted it today” does that mean she would have Klarna’d it, or ordered it from a catalogue? Honestly no disrespect I do all of those things myself, but I’m honest about it.
However what I would not do is spend £10 on essential a room spray and refer to it as some cheap cleaning bits ☠ she could have bought herself 2 new radiators with the money she’s spent on that rubbish!!

Reactions: 8
Just a thought is the shops she buys from not ones that take Klarna? H&M, B&M … the island was from
Studio … I mean each to their own, I’ve used Klarna for most of my kids ‘big ticket’ Xmas presents. But I use my head, won’t be taking anything out until it’s paid off and … not buy absolute tat with it 🤷‍♀️
B&M accepts klarna too now, so would make sense

Omg 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 new gym gear to ramp it up at college....did she not get new gym gear the last time she "ramped" it up 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That crappy dehumidifier only collected that small amount as it barely works I expect 🤣

• Haha
She buys all this tat but if she doesn’t sort the damp out it’ll all be ruined with mould

Reactions: 1
Oh my god, the size of the dehumidifier 😂😂 just looked it up on Amazon and it holds
I thought her comments about the heatless curler from boots was weird… “I would have bought it online but I wanted it today” does that mean she would have Klarna’d it, or ordered it from a catalogue? Honestly no disrespect I do all of those things myself, but I’m honest about it.
However what I would not do is spend £10 on essential a room spray and refer to it as some cheap cleaning bits ☠ she could have bought herself 2 new radiators with the money she’s spent on that rubbish!!
I picked up on that too! And that she said “I use my dressing gown belt which works perfectly well”. Why you wasting money then when you have something that works already?!

The dehumidifiers 😂😂 she’s apparently got all this money yet couldn’t spend £150 on something that will stop her house from getting completely ruined. Is she really gonna just ignore the fact that her house is so damp? She’s not gonna find out the reason behind it or find a solution?

• Haha
Wood pellet litter is probably less smelling than standard clumping clay litter, but if you're scooping daily but only changing your litter twice a week like Abby has previously said she does, it wouldn't matter if it was made of potpourri, it's still going to smell. Still not over one large tray for 3 cats, soon to be 4. I could never cope. My single cat has two trays, she pees in one, poops in the other, both lined, scooped after every use and fully changed daily. It's work, but I couldnt deal with her lovely little toe beans standing on soiled litter 🤢

Over 24 hours later and I still can't work out why she had a humidifier in one damp room and a dehumidifier in the next room.

Someone please explain! 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.