HollyVlogs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wondered this too. We're a family of 4 and also have 2 cats. We average a £70 shop most weeks but the first week of the month it's more like £85 as we need everything! We also need things like bread and milk top ups later on in the week as well. No way we could do a £40 food shop.
Exactly, top ups are always needed, so that mounts up. I can't understand how they do it! Never mind these £100 challenges, I want to see a £40 weekly shop challenge and see their meals on the plate for a week for proof 😂

Reactions: 8
How do you know she's not autistic???
She doesn't always use her stick only when needed. She's just had a tumour removed from her leg hence her using her stick. She's never claimed she needs a stick when walking all the time but she does have problems with chronic pains in her legs
OK holly

I wondered this too. We're a family of 4 and also have 2 cats. We average a £70 shop most weeks but the first week of the month it's more like £85 as we need everything! We also need things like bread and milk top ups later on in the week as well. No way we could do a £40 food shop.
Exactly, top ups are always needed, so that mounts up. I can't understand how they do it! Never mind these £100 challenges, I want to see a £40 weekly shop challenge and see their meals on the plate for a week for proof 😂
What about the 100 challenges we're she's not been able to meet the target.. Yeh right I'd have that done in no time. And the one in tescos she bought everything first and left her meat till she was over 100 lol

Reactions: 1
I disliked her last vlog because, at the end, she said that the checkout operator had called her a nightmare. Now, this woman was just doing her job and probably didn't want to appear on camera, however briefly. She supposedly said something about Holly being a nightmare as Holly and her husband walked away. Now, it wasn't caught on camera but something like that could get the checkout operator in trouble, even if it might not be true.
For me that is a horrific thing to do on a vlog, even if she had video evidence of that being said it should be treated as a private complaint with the business rather than airing it on a vlog for thousands to watch including potentially people who personally know the checkout operator.
I’ve been reading recently about a case In America where someone with a large following tried shaming a worker on public transport and it backfired so badly and she ended up with so much hate she had to move to another country. Obviously that’s a really extreme scenario but it does highlight exactly why you don’t try messing with people’s jobs or shame people online because if you make the wrong call then it could cost you everything

Reactions: 2
I find it hard to watch as someone as I am someone who struggles financial to find money for food and there is someone who splashes the cash Willy nilly.

Reactions: 5
For me that is a horrific thing to do on a vlog, even if she had video evidence of that being said it should be treated as a private complaint with the business rather than airing it on a vlog for thousands to watch including potentially people who personally know the checkout operator.
I’ve been reading recently about a case In America where someone with a large following tried shaming a worker on public transport and it backfired so badly and she ended up with so much hate she had to move to another country. Obviously that’s a really extreme scenario but it does highlight exactly why you don’t try messing with people’s jobs or shame people online because if you make the wrong call then it could cost you everything
I think some of the people on YouTube forget what it's like to have an actual job (and some of them don't seem to have ever actually worked). We don't know the full story but still, you can see there's a lot of comments on that video about the checkout operator. It's irresponsible to broadcast something like that to your followers, without proof and without first complaining to the store. I see a lot of YouTubers using their "celebrity" to try and shame companies into giving them free stuff. I actually unsubscribed from Holly when she did her Virgin Atlantic meltdown video as I felt it was aimed to make Virgin give her compensation.

Reactions: 4
I find it hard to watch as someone as I am someone who struggles financial to find money for food and there is someone who splashes the cash Willy nilly.
I wouldn't say she does that like, unless it's for America etc... She's very frugal esp with her kids at xmas and stuff and that's actually a gd thing. Half the tit tit she's shows u on video she doesn't even buy hunny she just showing it for her followers she nos will like it.

I don’t have a problem with her but I don’t understand the ‘spend £100’ videos. You can easily spend £100 in these places - it just doesn’t make sense!?

Reactions: 6
What about the 100 challenges we're she's not been able to meet the target.. Yeh right I'd have that done in no time. And the one in tescos she bought everything first and left her meat till she was over 100 lol
It's so easy to spend £100. I'd have it spent in no time too. Haha, yeah, I don't understand why she left the meat until last. It's one of the first things we put in the trolley.

Oops I guess she knows about my sex dream featuring her husband then.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Now I am not her biggest fan but you have to be very careful when throwing around statements like 'she's not autistic' 'she doesn't have chronic pain'. That's ableism. None of us have the right to sit here and question whether someone else's disability is genuine. Attitudes like that are why there is still so much stigma surrounding disabled people, even in this day and age. I'm all for a little witch and a gossip but please be mindful guys.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Now I am not her biggest fan but you have to be very careful when throwing around statements like 'she's not autistic' 'she doesn't have chronic pain'. That's ableism. None of us have the right to sit here and question whether someone else's disability is genuine. Attitudes like that are why there is still so much stigma surrounding disabled people, even in this day and age. I'm all for a little witch and a gossip but please be mindful guys.
Agreed. Chronic pain and autism are things that present themselves differently in different people, so we can't be ones to judge. I do believe that she can exaggerate these when needed (for click bait titles for example) which I don't agree with and lead to me unsubscribing, but to say she doesn't have them at all is unfair

Reactions: 9
Agreed. Chronic pain and autism are things that present themselves differently in different people, so we can't be ones to judge. I do believe that she can exaggerate these when needed (for click bait titles for example) which I don't agree with and lead to me unsubscribing, but to say she doesn't have them at all is unfair
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100%. I too saw the Virgin autistic meltdown fiasco. It's a fact of life that things don't always go according to plan, and while I do appreciate that, for someone with an ASD that can be very challenging, the fact that she used it for clickbait and to kick up a fuss made me very uncomfortable. I'm visually impaired, and I would never play the disability card if things weren't going my way. Because that too, contributes to the stigma surrounding disabled people. We want things to go right and we want our needs and access requirements to be met, but there's something quite abhorrent about the whole 'I'm disabled so I should be able to kick off and get my own way' narrative.

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100%. I too saw the Virgin autistic meltdown fiasco. It's a fact of life that things don't always go according to plan, and while I do appreciate that, for someone with an ASD that can be very challenging, the fact that she used it for clickbait and to kick up a fuss made me very uncomfortable. I'm visually impaired, and I would never play the disability card if things weren't going my way. Because that too, contributes to the stigma surrounding disabled people. We want things to go right and we want our needs and access requirements to be met, but there's something quite abhorrent about the whole 'I'm disabled so I should be able to kick off and get my own way' narrative.
I have a son with severe ASD and watching her milk it makes me uncomfortable too.

When I started watching her she claimed the couponing was her 'fixation' but now we haven't seen a coupon in years but her dropping £100 in several different shops just for views. It's a complete 180! It makes me doubt her first claim with the autism. The Virgin video was just her getting upset like any parent would with two kids in tow thousands of miles from home. No "meltdown" and certainly not Virgins fault she couldn't put on her big girl boots and deal with it like an adult.

She looked fine two minutes later strolling about Disney. Also if her autism is so bad couldn’t Callum who doesn’t suffer from it sort it out away from the car as to not upset the kids .

I remember her and her husband coming through my till years ago when I was a student and worked at Tesco. I felt sorry for them because they were using so many vouchers! Obviously I had nothing to worry about. Pleased to see them doing well!

I found her videos from the couponing thing because it interested me. I'd been watching some of these American super couponers and wanted to see a British take.

Now she just wanders around the bargain stores showing off cheap plastic tat or spending £100 in a store. Its too samey now.

I found her videos from the couponing thing because it interested me. I'd been watching some of these American super couponers and wanted to see a British take.
Same here. I liked the money saving aspect of it but I guess there's only so many ways you can do a couponing video. The savings are never as extreme as the American ones (although I'm sure some are fake) and I think it's much harder to save a lot of money using coupons in the UK.

Same here. I liked the money saving aspect of it but I guess there's only so many ways you can do a couponing video. The savings are never as extreme as the American ones (although I'm sure some are fake) and I think it's much harder to save a lot of money using coupons in the UK.
Couponing culture isn’t really a thing in the U.K., Americans who say things like “this is free on coupon” staggers me, that would never happen in the U.K. I do wonder why she never ever mentions coupons anymore unless it’s Tesco Clubcard vouchers, but they aren’t the same thing.

Instead of couponing it’s moved on too what tat from homebargains can I show that only cost £1 and no one needs it. Like toys that break in two minutes . Thing with the shops she shows are the stock levels are so different from each store that it’s pointless her showing what’s in hers.

I can only assume that she and her hubby latched onto the money-saving-coupon-thing back when they were broke. Now that they've obviously made money for themselves, be it from youtube or whatever his thing is, they don't need to be so frugal. It's a shame really, she's kind of a sellout now. I find her £100 challenges quite wasteful, to be honest. At the moment a lot of people are trying to reduce their consumerism and their unnecessary spending. Spending a hundred quid just for the sake of it seems ridiculous to me. Of course we never see what they actually buy... but still. I guess I'm just jealous, I'd love to have plenty of cash to just tit away too.

Reactions: 3