Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dddddddddddd

VIP Member
I’m don’t remember Freddie being such a shite actor before, he seems very wooden? Jus me?!
---
jus read something saying that kitty is actually Finn as in sinead brother that attacked John Paul and Nancy

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I find it so funny that the actors were doing interviews about Romeo’s exit like ‘it has never been done on a soap before’ yeah no one has ridden off on a horse to Taylor Swift what a surprise 😂

• Haha

HockyRorror

VIP Member
The dedication to Penny-Leigh got me

I felt for Rory acting that as well as Kirsty-Leigh. He must have been thinking about his boys too
They both worked very hard to do that, especially if it was specifically to raise awareness.

And yes The dedication at the end upset me a lot too, I posted my comment just as the credits were up and before I saw that last part, I had tears most of this episode

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
That’s interesting because at one point I would have loved to watch just the teens. Like when they used to focus on the uni students and the SU bar but now I’m in my 30’s I want to see Nancy and Darren finally being a happy (ish) family and Mercy pregnant and glowing 😂

I wonder if their target audience is still young adults or it’s the adult adults like us who grew up with it but haven’t stopped watching.
That's a good point, I doubt teens watch live tv at all which is basically what soaps kind of depend on don't they? I'm 30s too and imagine lot of us watching are the same or older

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Catching up on the last week. Who has Leela pissed off in the make up dept?!!
I said upthread, the backstage folk like the editors, the scriptwriters and now apparently even the Make Up Department staff are pissed off at losing their jobs and blatantly showing their frustrations on screen! At this point I fully expect Tony in a clown suit soon with full clown make up. (Ok, maybe not Tony, maybe a less important character!)

• Haha
Anyone who watches at the streaming pace
Did Lizzie die?
People on Facebook are acting like she did like something really bad happened

ETA
It’s true

• Sad
  • Wow

Queenofthesea

Do we think Warren will actually kill him?
There's not much left for James now. I was so sad when they killed off Marnie, actually I'm sad by what they did to the entire family, I liked the dynamic between Marnie and Juliet and Marnie and Donna-Marie 😔

• Heart

Elmoo

VIP Member
Who was Lexi’s mum and who does she live with now? I can’t remember anything about her!
Mum was Lindsay, she started as Freddie’s brother Joe’s girlfriend. Was also a serial killer and is now dead 😆😆
I’m sure Lexi went to South Africa with granny so not sure how she’s back!

fun fact -
  • Lindsey has the fifth highest confirmed kill count of all serial killers in Hollyoaks

• Haha

LividLalji

VIP Member
I’m really underwhelmed by it all, when they revealed the Rafe and Dilly twist I had the highest hopes for the new writers and I loved how it was so unexpected but since then it’s gone downhill. Bringing back Susanne and the twins was pointless, I hate how they’ve made Dave into a coke head who doesn’t respect women when he was once a nice family man, why just why would you fuck with Ste’s happiness be finally had everything he wanted, Mercedes hasn’t surprised me she’s just doing what Mercedes always does but it would be nice to let her be happy with Felix - especially as her and warren already happened years ago, John Paul is such a whiny little shit and I could go on but I’m probably boring you all now. Bring back Grace Black!!

HockyRorror

VIP Member
I don’t think they’ve said when it’s happening yet
I’ve just read the Channel 4 statement - it’s going to 3 episodes from September and also an hour long omnibus weekly omnibus episode. Someone on digital spy said the episodes are also being cut to 20 minutes which would explain why the omnibus is 60 minutes long and not 90.

Edit: they are also cutting 125 members of staff, and will likely include a cast cull. The current temporary producer is to be given the actual job.

• Wow

Queenofthesea

I'm confused what happened, does she actually believe something has happened or has she invented it?
I thought dancing with him gave her a flashback or dug up a buried memory or something and that's why she was upset so was very confused when she said it was Jack.

Besides being one of the longest running members, she must be one of the most popular too?! Hat on earth are the writers thinking?!
Being one of the originals means she’ll also be one of the highest paid so I guess that has been a massive factor in them getting rid of her too 😢

• Sad