Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Little Bear

VIP Member
I haven't watched Hollyoaks since 2016 and started watching it again, just after Christmas. It's amazing how easy is is to just slip into the storylines and what with all the old characters back, it's like I actually haven't missed anything!
I'm beginning to wonder if anything actually happened in those 8 years!
I’m the same! Only just picked it up round the same time. I stopped watching through Covid and there’s such a difference in the storylines now. Gives me something to watch in the evenings!

Charlie Claphams dad pierced my nose in 2014 that’s about as close I’ve managed to get to him 😅 but I’ll wait in line too 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8

HockyRorror

VIP Member
actually, if they think “fuck it, let’s go all out”, they should go absolutely bonkers, bring back popular characters who died back as ghosts just walking around and everyone acting like it was normal and nothing strange was going on. Even make the actors up as half dead and decaying with bits of skin falling off and other (alive) characters just talking to them normally and not acknowledging it for pure wtf lunacy lol. It should pull a Twin Peaks.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

griftalo

VIP Member
It’s going to turn into a load of shit isn’t it, if they get rid of all the good people, what’s left? Jack can go though, I don’t care about him 😂
If we get left with Jack, the twins, the twins shitty mum and Dave I’ll be pissed off!

• Haha

Queenofthesea

I wondered about JJ because of how he was with her and Lucas, it didnt seem right at all

Did Romeo just leave on a horse 🤣🤣

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
The "baptism" scene reminded me of the simspons episode where the simpsojs are adopted by the flanders 😄

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
I think when she had the counselling session with Daren in there where she talked about monsters or something at night, you would think a councellor would be well trained to pick something like that up?
---
I hate the storyline and want it to end but the actor and actress who play them both are doing an amazing job. I can't quite work out whether he's just absolutely twisted or whether he adores his sister and really doesn't see what he's doing as wrong.
There was a really fascinating article in the Times sunday magazine a few weeks ago on the prevalence of sibling SA. If I can find it I'll link it, its apparently the most common form of sexual abuse (far outweighing partners, strangers or other family members) some of the perpetrators interviewed had no idea what they were doing was wrong

• Wow
  • Sad

LividLalji

VIP Member
They’re both brilliant actors. I eye rolled a lot when they first came in and then it came out the sibling abuse story was happening and I found their acting was just brilliant. Especially for young actors too. I feel for the actor who plays JJ because people are weird and think it’s real life so no doubt he’s going to get some hate directed towards him. I hope they both win an award for this.

Is there more than twenty people in it?!
I counted on Wikipedia there’s actually 75 if you include recurring characters, kids and babies.
More than I expected!!

My guess of who will go
Warren and Scott
Dave
Mason
Lizzie
Zain
Marie
Abe
Zoe
Jamelia
The mum
Freya
Dilly
Perrie 🙏🏽🙏🏽
Kathleen Angel
Myra Pocahontas
DS Cohen
Andre
Vicky
And Daniel will be put back in the cupboard never seen again like before

Last edited:
  • Haha

spillthesass

I have to stop watching for a while as the JJ and frankie storyline is too close to home … I’m really hoping it’s a quick one and not dragged out as I really do enjoy Hollyoaks but I can’t bring myself to sit through these episodes. Will continue to read on tattle to see when they are ‘safe’ again to watch…

• Heart

HockyRorror

VIP Member
I think I’m done with this show for now and will just catch up and read comments on here for a bit. i don’t find any of the other storylines interesting enough that makes watching worth it over the revulsion over JJ and Frankie storyline which seems to be in every episode lately.

I will say: when they first came into it in the first couple of episodes, if someone told me they’d be doing a dark and serious storyline I would have found it laughable and think they could never pull it off, but I think the pair of them have acted really well in this.

• Heart

AdsB

VIP Member
Can Warren just fuck off already. How are we supposed to believe he could beat up Prince.

BBee

I think when she had the counselling session with Daren in there where she talked about monsters or something at night, you would think a councellor would be well trained to pick something like that up?
---
I hate the storyline and want it to end but the actor and actress who play them both are doing an amazing job. I can't quite work out whether he's just absolutely twisted or whether he adores his sister and really doesn't see what he's doing as wrong.