Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LividLalji

VIP Member
The beginning of the end for Hollyoaks I think! What a ridiculous decision by them. And to say they told them they could say they had chosen to leave… makes you wonder if the others have really chosen to quit or if they’ve actually been culled!
I came to say exactly this. It makes it look like all the others before this announcement haven’t actually quit.

Reactions: 8

Mummaem90

There was a really fascinating article in the Times sunday magazine a few weeks ago on the prevalence of sibling SA. If I can find it I'll link it, its apparently the most common form of sexual abuse (far outweighing partners, strangers or other family members) some of the perpetrators interviewed had no idea what they were doing was wrong
without saying too much I work in this line of work…it’s a very accurate portrail of sibling SA, they both deserve an award for their acting!, it’s great they’ve done this storyline - it’s so so taboo but the most common. X

• Heart
Is it just me that thinks It's a bit cringe with her talking about this publicly?? It's a bit like when a colleague handed their notice in because she thought the bosses would beg her to stay and give her a payrise... But they didn't! They said ok, bye! Hollyoaks will go on without Cindy 🤦🏼‍♀️
I don’t think it will though. I can’t see it lasting another year at this point

LividLalji

VIP Member
I hope they get rid of most of teens like Dylan, jj & Scott's foster daugter & carters daughter I'm really not liking this teen era I think the best 1 was johnpaul,sarah,hannah & craig
That’s interesting because at one point I would have loved to watch just the teens. Like when they used to focus on the uni students and the SU bar but now I’m in my 30’s I want to see Nancy and Darren finally being a happy (ish) family and Mercy pregnant and glowing 😂

I wonder if their target audience is still young adults or it’s the adult adults like us who grew up with it but haven’t stopped watching.

AdsB

VIP Member
God I can’t stand Abe. Hope he’s not staying too long. Why can’t anyone just have a normal relationship, why have they always got to be abusive.
Obviously I don’t want an actor out of work. But Abe is at the top of my can you disappear during the time jump list 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
It makes me think about stuff I wouldn’t have thought about like mothers like Leela having to walk through the same place as all the pregnant mums

• Heart

AdsB

VIP Member
I'm so confused, why did they start that storyline about Lizzie's child and then kill her off, have I missed something?
I wonder if it was something to do with the cuts? Seems very abrupt that they seemed to be going down a finding a child storyline to dropping dead!

Queenofthesea

I'm so confused, why did they start that storyline about Lizzie's child and then kill her off, have I missed something?

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Reading all these comments has left me sad, like they’re dropping like flies ☹

I saw the Lizzie scene, it was very sad, and I found the character otherwise pretty annoying tbh. Hollyoaks does do good dramatic scenes.

i still maintain that soaps (and TV series) are shooting themselves MASSIVELY in the foot by releasing episodes early, or all episodes together. It doesn’t maintain a coherent buzz as much as it would as if they stuck strictly to scheduled releases and have everyone talking about it at once. I can’t count the number of shows I was watching (slowly) and then it got spoiled by people who had raced through the entire series and I just gave up.