Holly Gabrielle #7 Studying, running, always ahead, but one trip to Spain and there's a boy in her bed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sure looks like Holly is doing her best to beat Angelo and like it’s going to be extremely close. Their 10.5k times are exactly the same and at 21k Holly only 6 seconds behind Angelo:
IMG_0151.jpeg

Reactions: 3
They both finished at more or less the same time. Do you think she waited for him or he waited for her

Reactions: 1
I feel like one of them has to be injured because isn't almost 5 hours a lot slower than her last marathon time?

EDIT - I went to check and she finished the last London Marathon in 3:25

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Angelo has uploaded his to strava, naming it hills training, so they will probably complain about that, have it as an excuse. But you would check elevation and full route plan out well in advance they can't act surprised by hills.

Reactions: 5
Waiting for the video...injured at the finish line. Will be something v minor and click bait!
Wait for her tagline. "I almost died running a marathon" complete with the 🤮🤢 emoji.

BTW why is her elevation on strava so different to Angelo's.

Reactions: 5
BTW why is her elevation on strava so different to Angelo's.
cause he's taller
jk

something gives me a feeling that Angelo had to slow down in order for them to both run together, because if they ran separately, surely they would have much different times. this might be a reach but I could imagine Holly being the main proponent of this idea because she could not keep up with him.

it could be something to do with it being Angelo's first marathon or just a need for safety by both of them which is okay and understandable because the conditions are quite rough. but it could also be selfishness - if I ran with my bf, I would definitely want him to do his best and run ahead without worrying about me

Reactions: 6
Overtraining, underfueling, but no some random other excuse will be rolled out

1686475233071.png

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Overtraining, underfueling, but no some random other excuse will be rolled out

View attachment 2232379
How surprising that they set out at a pace that was unsustainable. Not. How surprising she felt fine for the first 30k. Not. How surprising that they hit the classic 20mile wall. Not. And how surprising they had to walk the final few miles. Not.
They didn’t train efficiently and effectively.
They underfuelled and overtrained.
They did the classic “this is the pace we can sustain for a long training run so an extra 10k on the day will be fine”.
Positive splits - who’d have thought?
But will they learn? No. Because it was the humidity, the hills, the feeling sick, the lack of water stops, the other participants, the surface, the sun, the clouds, the gear, everything but their overtraining, lack of tapering and running on wrecked bodies being led by inflated egos.

Reactions: 25
Little rant/vent: she had a challenging marathon and she’s planning on not running for a week but doing lots of swimming and cross training. This woman has a biology degree. She should know it takes a good three weeks for the body’s chemistry to return to normal after an endurance race. It’s so fkn irresponsible and stupid, and it shouldn’t bother me, but it does.
Without their “love currency”, what else will they do in a beautiful country with so much to see and experience? Reduce their bland food intake and spend hours in a pool and gym before resuming double run days and no doubt another marathon in a month or so 🙄

Reactions: 22
It’s so hard to listen to/watch. She’s a fool and doesn’t understand how to look after a body, let alone her own. It’s so frustrating.

Reactions: 9
God I just looked at her Insta story and - "I expect my legs to be pretty tight tomorrow but I'm excited to go swimming and do cross-training" like WTF man. She literally could not make it through the marathon, felt sick/nauseous the entire time and had to stop running and her first thought after putting her body through this is "I'm gonna go swimming and cross-training tomorrow"?? Instead of maybe doing just a tiny bit of self-reflection on her harmful and potentially dangerous overtraining and undereating? But nope, it's straight back to training even more, apparently.

This is just straight-up disordered behaviour, imho. Like that's not normal in any way, shape or form, change my mind. I increasingly feel like her supposed healing from her ED was really just the disorder morphing from an eating-focussed thing into an exercise-focussed thing instead. But it's still clearly disordered, and at this point it's honestly worrying to watch.

Reactions: 24
Sorry but someone close to her needs to give her a figurative slap into reality. The girl is clever but at the same time is willfully stupid.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.