Holly Gabrielle #7 Studying, running, always ahead, but one trip to Spain and there's a boy in her bed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the video and I’m honestly quite devastated for her that her ED has so profoundly affected her personal growth. It’s one thing to be asexual or to be abstinent by choice, but it sounds like an important part of her identity was just numb from malnutrition.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I know it's dumb but I can't help but feel jealous. I've been working so hard on my hormonal health, I haven't had a period for 4 years now and from what I can tell I exercise less and eat more than Holly. I should probably just stop watching her videos but why do we just not do things that are good for us 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I know it's dumb but I can't help but feel jealous. I've been working so hard on my hormonal health, I haven't had a period for 4 years now and from what I can tell I exercise less and eat more than Holly. I should probably just stop watching her videos but why do we just not do things that are good for us 😅
don't feel jealous! every body (and everybody :p) is different. I want to say something nice and reassuring but I'm bad at that. lol

can I point out that I find the title of Holly's latest video very ... inappropriate? wrong? I don't know much about asexuality, but her title ("why I'm no longer asexual") implies that asexuality is something that comes and goes. But I don't think that is correct. It's the same with heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality. You aren't one day homosexual and than suddenly hetero. She makes it sounds like it's a decision she made, like being vegan and non-vegan.

Reactions: 15
don't feel jealous! every body (and everybody :p) is different. I want to say something nice and reassuring but I'm bad at that. lol

can I point out that I find the title of Holly's latest video very ... inappropriate? wrong? I don't know much about asexuality, but her title ("why I'm no longer asexual") implies that asexuality is something that comes and goes. But I don't think that is correct. It's the same with heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality. You aren't one day homosexual and than suddenly hetero. She makes it sounds like it's a decision she made, like being vegan and non-vegan.
I think it comes with experience. A lot of people who might think they're ace when they're young are really just late bloomers and haven't found the right person. We know Holly's ED stunted her development in many places, and I think that goes for sexually as well. Holly always goes for clickbaity titles though.

Reactions: 5
Mildly obsessed with how the thread title is still 100% relevant because absolutely nothing else has happened since the Charlie Event lmao

But I'm happy for her, she's clearly doing much better now than back when she was in the depths of her ED. I don't have any experience with EDs so I never knew it could affect your entire hormone system and like, sexuality and emotional life so deeply. That's some scary stuff. (Also I'm still enraged that her parents never got her appropriate help. I'll never get over that, it's just so crappy)

Reactions: 12
Speaking of Charlie - I wonder how he feels about all of her avid followers clinging onto their fling and assuming he was the cause of this new found sexual awakening. Poor guy.

Wonder what happened to her friendship with Daniel and that girl? They were full on and suddenly disappeared...

Reactions: 1

You are 100% correct, the entire video is offensive AF since she framed it as being asexual and then essentially “recovering” from it. When she said she felt like a stone and emotionless, my jaw actually dropped. I am glad that she recovered her health and I don’t actually even have a problem with her using the term asexual at that time, since she in fact did not experience attraction during that time, but she did a piss poor job of explaining that it was a label that served her because of her health issues but was not her true identity (which she already knew!! Because she was straight before that).

God knows how many people watched that and then will go on to use it as “proof” that ace people are just broken and need fixed. Once we get help, we’ll be “normal” too. Puke.

I think it comes with experience. A lot of people who might think they're ace when they're young are really just late bloomers and haven't found the right person. We know Holly's ED stunted her development in many places, and I think that goes for sexually as well. Holly always goes for clickbaity titles though.
Speaking for myself, it was exactly the opposite. I assumed I was straight because… of course? Society assumes. It’s actually very difficult to identify that you *don’t* experience sexual attraction because, by definition, you haven’t really experienced it before, so you’re just fumbling around assigning that feeling to whatever else. You assume that thinking someone is physically attractive, or friendship potential, or someone you have a romantic crush on (if you’re not aromantic) is attraction. It’s a universal shorthand that non-ace people don’t need explained. So once someone explained it to me in frank (vulgar tbh) terms, I was like… YOU GUYS ARE EXPERIENCING THAT?! I really don’t think it’s very common to think you’re ace when you’re not. Even Holly said she knew beforehand that she was straight because she was attracted to boys.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Well she got what she wanted views.
Let's see how many more vlogs we get on this topic.

Reactions: 2
Well she got what she wanted views.
Let's see how many more vlogs we get on this topic.
Yep she sucked me right in with this one lol. I haven’t watched her videos in years and won’t be watching any more again unless she makes a response video (which I assume she won’t, she seems to only be heart-ing positive comments and ignoring the rest).

Reactions: 5
Dies she announce what her big plans are in her latest video? The thumbnail hints there is changes but Holly is the Queen of clickbait

Dies she announce what her big plans are in her latest video? The thumbnail hints there is changes but Holly is the Queen of clickbait
Nope, from what I could tell she didn't even touch on this whole 'new chapter' thing that is in the title 🙄

Reactions: 1
A bit late for the party but dear fellow aces, please don’t feel like your sexuality or experiences aren’t valid. Hollys experience is also valid and I’m glad she’s doing better but that doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong with you for being asexual and if you’re on an ED recovery journey, you should be proud of your progress even if you ”stay“ ace 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Holly has got a boyfriend!!! It’s not Charlie, it’s someone called Angelo (easy to find on her insta) and she met him in May last year

• Wow
Holly has got a boyfriend!!! It’s not Charlie, it’s someone called Angelo (easy to find on her insta) and she met him in May last year
he looks quite alright actually! pls spill the tea, how do you know this?

edit: by alright I mean quite a match for Holly

Reactions: 4
So Charlie was just a fling...always thought he was too quiet for her and not as adventurous. Hope this guy lasts for her ;)

---

So Charlie was just a fling...always thought he was too quiet for her and not as adventurous. Hope this guy lasts for her ;)
Also not wanting to share too much then goes ahead and posts photos of them kissing on insta...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
im really happy for her. she seems super excited, and it will be good for her to get out of her strict structured routines, as relationships are often a lot more spontaneous.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.