Holly Gabrielle #5 Still lives like a nun, doesn't allow herself any fun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
shouldn't she have studied human biology at some point? she studied biology right?
Sometimes it feels like she pretends to not know those things just to sound more quirk and "relatable"... Or because she doesn't want to address the fact that she's already a full grown woman.

Reactions: 13
shouldn't she have studied human biology at some point? she studied biology right?
I’m dragging my memory here (and I’ll admit it was a few years back) but I studied biology from 11 to 18, so through GCSE and A-Level, and we never really covered reproduction or reproductive anatomy after the age of about 11 or 12, when we did the whole labelling of diagrams that made everyone giggle and watched a video of someone giving birth - one poor girl fainted. After that any kind of sex education came under PHSE (Personal, Health and Social(?) Education) rather than biology. I remember that for A-Level we covered some human health but it was more about disease and disease processes rather than anatomy, so I suppose Holly could be fairly ignorant of her anatomy but even way back in my youth we had at least one session during secondary education when someone came in to talk to the girls and give us samples of Tampax and Always. And we all read ‘Are you there God, it’s me, Margaret’ (and later ’Forever’) so I am a little surprised that someone like Holly, who went through a phase of wanting to go to Med School, doesn’t know a bit more about human anatomy.

Reactions: 4
I’m dragging my memory here (and I’ll admit it was a few years back) but I studied biology from 11 to 18, so through GCSE and A-Level, and we never really covered reproduction or reproductive anatomy after the age of about 11 or 12, when we did the whole labelling of diagrams that made everyone giggle and watched a video of someone giving birth - one poor girl fainted. After that any kind of sex education came under PHSE (Personal, Health and Social(?) Education) rather than biology. I remember that for A-Level we covered some human health but it was more about disease and disease processes rather than anatomy, so I suppose Holly could be fairly ignorant of her anatomy but even way back in my youth we had at least one session during secondary education when someone came in to talk to the girls and give us samples of Tampax and Always. And we all read ‘Are you there God, it’s me, Margaret’ (and later ’Forever’) so I am a little surprised that someone like Holly, who went through a phase of wanting to go to Med School, doesn’t know a bit more about human anatomy.
sure but she also spent 3 years studying Biology at Cambridge?? so surely she must have some interest in anatomy and physiology...

Reactions: 11
I did biology GCSE and we DEFINITELY did some reproductive stuff, mainly focused on hormones but definitely got taught the proper anatomy.

Reactions: 12
Not me thinking partying until 10 meant 10 am 😂 but good for her that's she's putting herself out there more.

I really wonder whether moving to London is still on the table for Holly. Especially if it's quite close to where her family lives, it might be a good step to gain some independence without having to sever too many ties all at once. With youtube and her tutoring business, she should be able to afford a flatshare, right, maybe with one flatmate and in an area she already knows well and feel comfortable in, if that makes it easier. And if she wants to go into science communication/ journalism or whatnot later on, surely (some of) the places to freelance or intern for (or collaborate with, talk to, network) are located in London.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not me thinking partying until 10 meant 10 am 😂 but good for her that's she's putting herself out there more.

I really wonder whether moving to London is still on the table for Holly. Especially if it's quite close to where her family lives, it might be a good step to gain some independence without having to sever too many ties all at once. With youtube and her tutoring business, she should be able to afford a flatshare, right, maybe with one flatmate and in an area she already knows well and feel comfortable in, if that makes it easier. And if she wants to go into science communication/ journalism or whatnot later on, surely (some of) the places to freelance or intern for (or collaborate with, talk to, network) are located in London.
I think she's too comfortable at home. She won't move out. She likes her small family bubble.

Reactions: 7
Holly tries so hard to be "relatable" and create this fake social bubbly persona to attract viewers but that "party" with her "friends" involved yet another sponsor who sent her free food, right? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
Holly tries so hard to be "relatable" and create this fake social bubbly persona to attract viewers but that "party" with her "friends" involved yet another sponsor who sent her free food, right? :rolleyes:
Yeah I'm still not 100% sure what that was all about, even after watching the video. If that was supposed to be some sort of advertisment she didn't do a great job cause it didn't come across very clearly.

Like, Holly went to some sort of vegan restaurant (?) or vegan food company place (??) that celebrated their tenth anniversary by inviting Holly and a bunch of other influencers to an invitation-only clothing swap party in a very dark room. At some point there was also some young woman wearing high heels and giving a speech about how happy she was about the company's anniversary so I guess she was the hostess?

Then there was an opportunity to swap clothes, which Holly used to get free clothes - but she also said she wasn't happy about that cause it was so dark that she couldn't inspect her new free clothes properly first. There was also tons of free vegan food which Holly absolutely loved (or at least she said so in the video) so I guess the food was the sponsored product that she and the other influencers had to advertise?

But then again, in the same video Holly also complained about the event's organization (cause apparently there were more people present than she'd thought, and it was more like a party which she clearly disliked, and there were also some uninvited people showing up) and overall Holly gave the impression that she was not exactly super thrilled with the event so idk what kind of advertisement that was supposed to be. So maybe the whole thing wasn't sponsored after all? Who knows, not me. The video was not marked as an ad in any case.

Also side note but Holly seemed really tense on the train, I bet she was worried about getting sth wrong and getting scolded by her weirdo family again :/

Edit: Oh and she also got sent tons of free food from a company called Allplants, which I vaguely remember Ruby Granger also got which led to a lot of criticism over in the Ruby thread a while ago

Reactions: 6
Yeah I'm still not 100% sure what that was all about, even after watching the video. If that was supposed to be some sort of advertisment she didn't do a great job cause it didn't come across very clearly.

Like, Holly went to some sort of vegan restaurant (?) or vegan food company place (??) that celebrated their tenth anniversary by inviting Holly and a bunch of other influencers to an invitation-only clothing swap party in a very dark room. At some point there was also some young woman wearing high heels and giving a speech about how happy she was about the company's anniversary so I guess she was the hostess?

Then there was an opportunity to swap clothes, which Holly used to get free clothes - but she also said she wasn't happy about that cause it was so dark that she couldn't inspect her new free clothes properly first. There was also tons of free vegan food which Holly absolutely loved (or at least she said so in the video) so I guess the food was the sponsored product that she and the other influencers had to advertise?

But then again, in the same video Holly also complained about the event's organization (cause apparently there were more people present than she'd thought, and it was more like a party which she clearly disliked, and there were also some uninvited people showing up) and overall Holly gave the impression that she was not exactly super thrilled with the event so idk what kind of advertisement that was supposed to be. So maybe the whole thing wasn't sponsored after all? Who knows, not me. The video was not marked as an ad in any case.

Also side note but Holly seemed really tense on the train, I bet she was worried about getting sth wrong and getting scolded by her weirdo family again :/

Edit: Oh and she also got sent tons of free food from a company called Allplants, which I vaguely remember Ruby Granger also got which led to a lot of criticism over in the Ruby thread a while ago
I think it was a launch party for a new vegan restaurant in London called Clean Kitchen Club, they clearly just invited a bunch of influencers for free advertisement of their new place.

I think it was a launch party for a new vegan restaurant in London called Clean Kitchen Club, they clearly just invited a bunch of influencers for free advertisement of their new place.
Ah I see! "Partying with friends" indeed.

Edit: Also I just had a look at their website and Mikey the founder says that "During the first lockdown in 2020, I was at a crossroads in my life. I had spent 4 years as a Youtuber and my previous business was being severely affected by Covid-19" and he then "embarked on a fitness regime and a predominantly plant-based diet" which led to the business idea of a vegan restaurant. What I took from this is that we might just see Holly opening a restaurant of her own at some point if Youtube doesn't work out for her lmao (idk why, but that thought is hilarious to me)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't believe that she eats over 100gs of protein in a day.
she might, but the foods she showed are only good for people like her who need a high calorie diet too... like stop promoting nuts and seeds as vegan protein sources!!! they are fat sources with SOME protein... girl it's not going to hurt you to show tofu tempeh seitan and mock meats, just saying!! glad she's shown protein powder but she needed a sponsor to start using it rip.... maybe if a therapist asked her for a sponsorship she'd actually treat her issues?

she might, but the foods she showed are only good for people like her who need a high calorie diet too... like stop promoting nuts and seeds as vegan protein sources!!! they are fat sources with SOME protein... girl it's not going to hurt you to show tofu tempeh seitan and mock meats, just saying!! glad she's shown protein powder but she needed a sponsor to start using it rip.... maybe if a therapist asked her for a sponsorship she'd actually treat her issues?
it would only end up being "better help" or whatever that really shady therapist thing all influencers use, unqualified people etc

Reactions: 7
Can someone please summarise what the “I’m back” in her latest video title means? I really CBA to give her the view and I’m half expecting it to mean she’s back home from London or something equally anticlimactic 😂

Reactions: 13
Can someone please summarise what the “I’m back” in her latest video title means? I really CBA to give her the view and I’m half expecting it to mean she’s back home from London or something equally anticlimactic 😂
Has she been working out? Could it be she's working out or running again? I can't stand her hyper attitude lately so I haven't watched it

Reactions: 4
She managed to run 3km without her foot hurting so she's happy to be back at the whole running thing

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I just cant bother to watch her videos anymore :-( I mean, it is always the same ... The same food (porridge, rice, vegetables, a lot of fruits, sometimes sweet potato etc.), the same exercises, the same work (editing videos, her tutoring etc.), the same people (how often can you show your mother in the garden, your father being annoyed or you and your sister laughing about fart jokes?).
Sometimes things get mixed up when Holly is talking about her period and being VERY surprised about her anatomy or her telling the exact same stories about her life (I know her life story better than mine).
Her adulting series may be a new idea, BUT: I already know everything about Hollys body hair. I already seen her being in London and eating vegan burgers.
At this point, I feel like I am watching my grandmother, because her days look the same every day too.
Oh my, maybe thats an idea for a youtube channel??? We could all film our grandparents. If we light some candles in their houses and use the word "aesthetic" in the video title, maybe we could all get incredibly rich and study english literature without ever reading books too ...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Because I have way to much time, I decided to comment a little bit on Hollys newest video, “My first ever vlogmas!!!” too. Because apparently, everyone suffered since the invention of YouTube, because Holly Gabrielle has not done vlogmas.

Anyway, let’s watch the video. Right at the beginning of the video, Holly screams: “Happy Vlogmas”, because, as I said, we all have suffered way too much. Holly says, she is now going to do daily vlogs “from me to you”. Other than Ruby, this promise can be trusted (maybe unfortunately).

Holly continues: “It is going to be vlogs and a mix of random stuff”, which we NEED to include in the next title on tattle, because it just perfectly describes her whole channel.

Holly wants to try new things and push herself out of her comfort zone. I am intrigued … What will she do? Use another hair removal method? Or does she mean, she is going to do even more sports?

Well, time will tell.

1638382221442.png

Holly with her favourite food (further proof will come)

Holly says, her family will put up the christmas tree today. Hopefully the tree survives in this vegan family ^^ (relax, I am a vegan myself)

Holly continues to show herself decorating the house, she chose to still live in, even though she has recently finished her masters and could start working. Anyway.

1638382268816.png

Hopefully Milka wont get jealous!!! (Yes, I know her pets name by heart)

Holly then talks about music, saying she heard one song of Michael Buble while working out (wasn’t there something with her foot once?)

Holly drinks hot lemon. Unfortunately, there is no company behind this beverage, otherwise Holly would have been a millionaire just from advertising it. Holly shows how she makes hot lemon. Yes, its as interesting as it sounds.

1638382291790.png

Please watch the video yourself, if you are interested how she does hot lemon, I cant be bothered.

1638382316347.png

I told you, more proof. (However, I should mention, it has also sprouts, broccoli etc. on it)

Yes, she ALREADY!!! has a christmas present for a friend, Izzy? Do we know her?

Then she explains how to (not) wrap a christmas gift, acting like she is stupid as she already did on her latest period video. While she does that, she says she loves to give things to people. Hopefully Ruby watches her video, she can learn a lot …

1638382344475.png

Holly sees a scissor for the first time.

(Its painful watching her using the scissor. I apparently get the strong urge to jump in the video and help her like I would with a child.)

Holly then talks about her hair. No, not her body hair!!! (Surprisingly, I know!!!)

She then does a matcha latte. Thankfully she shows us how to do this beverage, because I have never heard of it either (Yes, I know, I am a strange vegan.)

Anyway, Holly spits a little bit of oat milk, and her mother cant wait a f*** second to wipe it away. Of course, she criticizes her during the whole process.

1638382376851.png

“I wiped first, but she’s still wiping …” Well, Holly, then MOVE OUT. It cant be that hard for you, considering you don’t even have to work properly because of YouTube. Dear Lord. We are not even at the half of the video and I feel the strong urge to jump out of the window.

Holly then tries to do a star on her beverage … At 5:30 you can see how it turned out (Let’s just say, not as planned ^^)

Her mother laughs.

At the next clip, Holly shows her foot, saying she “forgot” that she is wearing Christmas socks.

Then she goes on a walk. She says, that she is the one who is going to do the advent calendars this christmas. Well, thanks god she is vlogging it. She then buys stuff for the advent calendar.

Back home she tells us, that she had to take her glasses of, because of the mask. She continues to show what she bought.

At this point I am way to bored, I just have to take a break.

7:17 everyone. Sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I feel like Holly is being one of those "OMG I'm totally crazy" kind of people (especially with that music), but she is soooo bland.

I get why she is staying at her parents house, loads of people do that and even some great youtubers are still at their family home and do cooking, arts and crafts etc...
However I just don't get what she is actually doing with her life. What are her goals ? She seems to be doing everything a bit half-arsed :
- Her videos are always the same, she never tries anything really new and when she does go out its always the same.
- Her tutoring is nice but I know loads of students who do that as well as other artistic, academic and professional pursuits
- Her biology channel is just her talking and has less than 10k subscribers.

When she posted the "I'm finaly back" vid, I thought it was something new but nope, just the same old stuff.

I feel like its such a waste...

Her life seems just as empty as her house.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.