Holly Gabrielle #5 Still lives like a nun, doesn't allow herself any fun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On one hand I really feel for Holly and all the other girls like her who dedicated their whole lives to studying and are now going though an identity crisis because of it, but on the other hand... I am not so secretly gloating to see all the hyper-productive top students flailing about uselessly irl :coffee:

Reactions: 15
On one hand I really feel for Holly and all the other girls like her who dedicated their whole lives to studying and are now going though an identity crisis because of it, but on the other hand... I am not so secretly gloating to see all the hyper-productive top students flailing about uselessly irl :coffee:.
agreed, I am glad I was not young during the time this became popular tbh, it is also useful for young people to see that grades are not the be all and end all, to succeed, find a job you like etc there are some many more skills you need than just perfect grades

Reactions: 8
agreed, I am glad I was not young during the time this became popular tbh, it is also useful for young people to see that grades are not the be all and end all, to succeed, find a job you like etc there are some many more skills you need than just perfect grades
On top of lacking any real life skills, she is soo far behind in emotional and social development compared to people her age - at this point I don't even know what kind of therapy is supposed to fix this. She essentially needs help and guidance to grow into an adult while actually being adult already?

Her parents really failed her big time.

Reactions: 19
Her parents really failed her big time.
Amen to that. And yet, I do believe that it is entirely possible for her to have that emotional and social development you describe. Because yes, she sure has a long way to go, but there are no deadlines for these things in life; I believe there are no set milestones and that you can grow at any age.

But (and that is a big but) - in order to do that, Holly will need to 1) go out into the world and have experiences and meet new people, and 2) she needs to get therapy. And the thing that really bums me out is that these two things are just not happening. Instead, we get Holly declaring that she will do youtube as her full-time job and that she has no plans to move out of her parents' house in the foreseeable future. It's depressing to watch tbh - because while yes, her parents are not great, Holly is an adult at the end of the day and she has to do these things for herself because if she doesn't, nobody will.

Reactions: 23
In regards to her not pulling out of the marathon, I wonder if she didn’t because she knew she’d never hear the end of it from her family. Didn’t they make fun of her for missing the train or something?? And I remember in an old vlog where she got into a masters program and her mom was just like oh cool. Her family doesn’t really seem to care about her accomplishments and only want to watch her fail at something. Maybe I’m just reading too far into this though haha

• Sad
In regards to her not pulling out of the marathon, I wonder if she didn’t because she knew she’d never hear the end of it from her family. Didn’t they make fun of her for missing the train or something?? And I remember in an old vlog where she got into a masters program and her mom was just like oh cool. Her family doesn’t really seem to care about her accomplishments and only want to watch her fail at something. Maybe I’m just reading too far into this though haha
I think it was a mix between her family and her being a perfectionist and over achiever. Plus maybe her ED. and exercise addiction.

Reactions: 11
I think it was a mix between her family and her being a perfectionist and over achiever. Plus maybe her ED. and exercise addiction.
yeah I agree, but she is the way she is because of her toxic family imo. I really hope she hasn't done lasting damage

Reactions: 7
It really rubs me the wrong way how Holly emphasizes she's living an "adult life" now, she even put it in the title of her new video (can't be bothered to watch that) and has mentioned living the "adult life" multiple times. :rolleyes: You still live with your (toxic) family and appear co-dependent on and controlled by them in your little bubble of restricted eating, over-exercise and massive privilege, Holly. Finishing uni doesn't mean you're automatically an adult.

Reactions: 24
her latest video, she's lost even more weight. her videos are either about food or routines these days.

• Sad
her latest video, she's lost even more weight. her videos are either about food or routines these days.
that photo next to her sister at the cinema really highlights how overly skinny she is

Reactions: 4
The colour of Holly's coffee makes me wanna die and personally apologize to god🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Is her whole family vegan? I find it a bit weird and obsessive that she returned the protein Weetabix because the vitamin D in them supposedly wasn't vegan.

Reactions: 7
Is her whole family vegan? I find it a bit weird and obsessive that she returned the protein Weetabix because the vitamin D in them supposedly wasn't vegan.
I thought her dad wasn't, but I might be wrong. I find it weird that they never eat together at all, I lived at home for a long time as an adult although we didn't do so every day (at all) we would usually eat together once a week, or even I would/they would cook something we would all eat at differnet times

Reactions: 13
right? Like I'm vegan but if I get something that's accidentally non vegan I wouldn't return it (especially when here it's a vitamin not even a whole animal product) but just not get it next time?

I really dislike that she's been missing from insta only to post workouts.... Holly a recovering person should NOT be posting advice on exercise and diet, especially if it's a highly restrictive ed like yours

Reactions: 9
Her dad and her brother are not vegan (as far as I know from watching her videos). Only her mom, her sister and Holly herself are vegan.

Reactions: 6
Her dad and her brother are not vegan (as far as I know from watching her videos). Only her mom, her sister and Holly herself are vegan.
their whole house just seems so joyless, it is really sad (not saying vegan is joyless, far from) but they never eat/cook togehter/ watch films etc together, all seems so depressing

Reactions: 22
Competitively so, it always seems. There’s such an odd dynamic between the women in that household.

Reactions: 11
I'm currently procrastinating on studying so I went and tried to find out who in their family first went vegan and I found this very old video where Holly talks about it:

So first, Holly went vegetarian (she already had her ED at that point) and Emily "then jumped on the bandwagon" (to quote Holly) and went vegetarian as well. Then in 2016, Emily and Holly started to do more research into food and talked about wanting to go vegan. Then Emily watched a documentary called "Earthlings" and went vegan after watching that.

Holly wanted to go vegan too, but her parents did not allow it because they felt that Holly's diet was already to restrictive ("they just said no"). Holly tried to eat vegan as much as possible but her mom monitored what she ate very closely and she would always catch Holly (e.g. when Holly made her porridge with water instead of milk, Holly's mom would notice that the milk hadn't gone down so she caught her).

At that point, Emily had finished uni, came home, and started to talk to Holly's parents about the many benefits of veganism because Emily believed that going vegan could help Holly recover from her ED. Emily managed to convince her parents and they finally allowed Holly to go vegan. So then Emily and Holly went "full-out vegan" in "quite an extreme way", according to Holly. They followed a 'raw till 4' (?) diet. This changed Holly's whole relationship with food and improved her physical and mental health immensely (according to 2017 Holly, that is). Holly also said that she went vegan for health reasons but also enjoys watching documentaries about animals' rights etc because "it helps me justify my veganism".

Curiously though, there's no mention of their mom going vegan in that video?

But man a psychologist would have a field day with this video, I bet. But I lack the expertise and I really need to study now lmao

I'm currently procrastinating on studying so I went and tried to find out who in their family first went vegan and I found this very old video where Holly talks about it:

So first, Holly went vegetarian (she already had her ED at that point) and Emily "then jumped on the bandwagon" (to quote Holly) and went vegetarian as well. Then in 2016, Emily and Holly started to do more research into food and talked about wanting to go vegan. Then Emily watched a documentary called "Earthlings" and went vegan after watching that.

Holly wanted to go vegan too, but her parents did not allow it because they felt that Holly's diet was already to restrictive ("they just said no"). Holly tried to eat vegan as much as possible but her mom monitored what she ate very closely and she would always catch Holly (e.g. when Holly made her porridge with water instead of milk, Holly's mom would notice that the milk hadn't gone down so she caught her).

At that point, Emily had finished uni, came home, and started to talk to Holly's parents about the many benefits of veganism because Emily believed that going vegan could help Holly recover from her ED. Emily managed to convince her parents and they finally allowed Holly to go vegan. So then Emily and Holly went "full-out vegan" in "quite an extreme way", according to Holly. They followed a 'raw till 4' (?) diet. This changed Holly's whole relationship with food and improved her physical and mental health immensely (according to 2017 Holly, that is). Holly also said that she went vegan for health reasons but also enjoys watching documentaries about animals' rights etc because "it helps me justify my veganism".

Curiously though, there's no mention of their mom going vegan in that video?

But man a psychologist would have a field day with this video, I bet. But I lack the expertise and I really need to study now lmao
to answer your (?), raw til 4 was launched by the youtuber freelee the banana girl that said that you would be healthy and never gain weight if you ate raw vegan food (yes even 35 bananas won't make you fat?) until 4pm, then cooked after, but without fat (HER DEVIL). That woman I think accounts for millions of eating disorders.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.