Holly Gabrielle #5 Still lives like a nun, doesn't allow herself any fun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a stupid girl she is. I‘m sorry but to think someone like that did do biology related degrees and even wanted to do medicine at some point?! wtf.

If her achilles felt like it would snap during the race it could still potentially snap within the next couple of weeks if she‘s not extremely careful…

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
My friend pulled out of the biggest marathon of her career (at the 20km mark) so far, the Olympic one to protect her health and be able to continue running, it’s a tough decision no matter what marathon it is but health is wealth, nobody is invincible and unfortunately injuries can have the worst timing ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I just don't seem to understand how she can make elaborate notes on cell and even teach others when she does not know the basic principle is to have electrolytes in the water. How does she think the sodium and h2o pumps work? Or does she just read through it and misses the application.
That being said, she's stupid yet determined. Too determined if I may say. Impressive time, nonetheless.

Reactions: 17
Why is everyone congratulating her in the comments omg
They really just, blindly worship her
She'll be deleting the negative comments like she always does. If anyone calls her out on it a second time she'll do her 'Yes I was deleting comments but I know better now!', make a video about how she's learnt from the experience, and then go and do something similar again.

Reactions: 13
222 comments and not a single one mentions how irresponsible she was to do this

Reactions: 4
You do not mess with an Achilles injury 😳😳

It shocks me that she’s taken such a risk because if she was made housebound by an injury I’m guessing it would absolutely destroy her mental health.

Reactions: 8
Apologies if someone’s already said this but I just had to post this as soon as I saw it, I’m kinda unexpectedly pissed that she’s put “with an injury” in her title as if she’s bragging about it 🤦🏽‍♀️ Yes it’s a brilliant achievement and credit to her for working around the injury etc, but it just doesn’t need to be in the title especially as she did it in by far the quickest time of anyone I was following during the marathon so it’s not even an explanation really (I haven’t watched the video so not saying she is promoting it per say just don’t get why it needs to be in the title)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Apologies if someone’s already said this but I just had to post this as soon as I saw it, I’m kinda unexpectedly pissed that she’s put “with an injury” in her title as if she’s bragging about it 🤦🏽‍♀️ Yes it’s a brilliant achievement and credit to her for working around the injury etc, but it just doesn’t need to be in the title especially as she did it in by far the quickest time of anyone I was following during the marathon so it’s not even an explanation really (I haven’t watched the video so not saying she is promoting it per say just don’t get why it needs to be in the title)
i was just about to post a screenshot of it because what on earth!! i did the marathon too and didn’t get the time i was hoping for, partly because i had to dial back my training a bit due to my knee playing up, a very time demaning/energy draining couple weeks work wise leading up to it, and an underlying ED myself so it’s completely rubbed me up the wrong way.
i was so obssessed with trying to get a good time but wondered if it was realistic given my struggles with food, i went through a phase of reading articles/listening to podcasts about runners with eating disorders and the overall concensus is that it’s very common to run well your first few seasons despite poor nutritional habits, but it will always catch up with you eventually. part of me really wanted to have that ‘good season’ despite being ill, but i saw a physio a few weeks before who basically said if i don’t get my tit together i’ll develop arthritis alarmingly soon. i hope she gets her tit together too, because she clearly loves running and could probably be very, very good, but that won’t happen if she causes herself permanent damage. not being able to run when you love it so much is heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
i was just about to post a screenshot of it because what on earth!! i did the marathon too and didn’t get the time i was hoping for, partly because i had to dial back my training a bit due to my knee playing up, a very time demaning/energy draining couple weeks work wise leading up to it, and an underlying ED myself so it’s completely rubbed me up the wrong way.
i was so obssessed with trying to get a good time but wondered if it was realistic given my struggles with food, i went through a phase of reading articles/listening to podcasts about runners with eating disorders and the overall concensus is that it’s very common to run well your first few seasons despite poor nutritional habits, but it will always catch up with you eventually. part of me really wanted to have that ‘good season’ despite being ill, but i saw a physio a few weeks before who basically said if i don’t get my tit together i’ll develop arthritis alarmingly soon. i hope she gets her tit together too, because she clearly loves running and could probably be very, very good, but that won’t happen if she causes herself permanent damage. not being able to run when you love it so much is heartbreaking.
well done for finishing! (and not possible giving yourself some kind of chronic injury an dkeeping yourself safe) it shocks me that her trainer would have let her do the race tbh, or did she just ignore their advice and lie about it?

Reactions: 7
I just not see the whole point of being proud for running a marathon, if it would be someone old, recently covid recovering or people who have never done exercise before, or at least someone struggling with money, it would have some merit to be proud. But in this case, Its just a rich girl of the first world who has never done any formal job before, live's a comfortable life, have plenty of time for waste only in herself who just decided to put a new goal in her life . And, anyways, it's nothing new since all her life it's about eat's a little and waste all the energy with training and training and more training.

Reactions: 10
I get that running such a distance is an immense strain on anyone’s body, but the fact that she needed paramedic attention immediately after the race is a bit concerning to me… Or am I just ignorant and it’s normal to be really dizzy after a marathon?

Reactions: 22
It’s not a good thing to need medical attention straight away. Unexpected things happen yes but we know what Holly is like and ignores sensible advice.

Reactions: 17
The way she even put it into the title... So now self-harm is an achievement to brag about huh. Gross.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
Imagine her time if she actually fuelled herself properly :rolleyes:
she'll probably want to run more marathons now that she knows she can get away with undereating. especially because she must have burned a lot of calories so the sense of achievement is magnified since it fits perfectly into her ED.
I dont think she'll gain weight after this though. She will either try to maintain or lose more.

• Sad
What idiot only drinks water during a marathon, honestly!! They hand out Lucozade the whole way round the race which means she made a conscious decision to only stick to water. The ED'd thinking is so obvious.

And I agree, it's so irresponsible of her to add the "with an injury!!1" to the title of the vid - what a terrible example to set, and what a kick in the teeth to anyone who didn't match her time. Really just goes to show how ana/orthorexia are such horrible, competitive diseases.

Reactions: 38
Just saw that she titled one of her video sub-headings "in a wheelchair!!!" like it's this super cool exciting thing. As someone who has a relative who had a terrible car accident and now has to use a wheelchair I just find that. Very weird and insensitive to put it like that? Having to use a wheelchair due to injury is not a super cool quirky thing to brag about Holly what the duck.

(I don't even know why she was in a wheelchair because I'm refusing to watch that video, I'm just so done with her tbh)

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Just saw that she titled one of her video sub-headings "in a wheelchair!!!" like it's this super cool exciting thing. As someone who has a relative who had a terrible car accident and now has to use a wheelchair I just find that. Very weird and insensitive to put it like that? Having to use a wheelchair due to injury is not a super cool quirky thing to brag about Holly what the duck.

(I don't even know why she was in a wheelchair because I'm refusing to watch that video, I'm just so done with her tbh)
which video was it?

What these ppl don't understand is that working/ training yourself to the point of exhaustion/ injury is not healthy, attractive, or productive.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.