Holly Gabrielle #5 Still lives like a nun, doesn't allow herself any fun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's so weird that her family was so normal about her needing a paramedic. They didn't even seem surprised! What the actual f*ck!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
It's so weird that her family was so normal about her needing a paramedic. They didn't even seem surprised! What the actual f*ck!
And went for a walk around London afterwards?? Forever in amazement at how little they seem to care

• Wow
  • Sad
Yeah plus Holly announcing her time to her mom right away ("I did it in 3:37!!") cause clearly that's the most important thing (clashes a bit with Holly's constant talk about how she didn't care about her time at all lmao). And bonus weirdo points to Emily for talking about Holly being in the paramedic tent like it's this super fun, hilarious thing 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 20
Yeah plus Holly announcing her time to her mom right away ("I did it in 3:37!!") cause clearly that's the most important thing. Bonus weirdo points to Emily for talking about Holly being in the paramedic tent like it's this super fun, hilarious thing.
theyre all emotionally stupid in that family

Reactions: 19
I actually watched parts of her video (like others, I wasn’t going to) and something at the very beginning stood out to me - she mentioned her injury and how she was worried she’d have to pull out of the race but then ‘me being me’ (her words) she decided to go ahead with it anyway. It’s like she thinks that pushing her body beyond reasonable limits while injured and (it seems to me given the dizziness, excessively high heart rate she mentioned, and what you guys said in response to my question about medical attention) underweight and undernourished is a cute personality trait that she likes to pretend to be self-deprecating about but that she is in reality proud of. A humble brag, in other words, and one about a dangerous and unhealthy relationship with exercise at that.

What idiot only drinks water during a marathon, honestly!! They hand out Lucozade the whole way round the race which means she made a conscious decision to only stick to water. The ED'd thinking is so obvious.
Yes, how could she, as someone who has university degrees in biology and who no doubt did her research into how to go about marathon training, not know that she would need to replace electrolytes during the race? I don’t run nor have I formally studied biology and even I know that that is really important… So I am inclined to agree that it was probably a conscious decision, which is really sad and concerning. She is choosing to damage her body, yet she has thousands of followers cheering her on and acting as though there is nothing wrong with her behaviour because she reassured them in some video that her relationship with food and exercise is ‘so much better now’. Running a marathon is a great achievement, to be sure, but given the circumstances I don’t think I can congratulate her; to me it seems like the whole thing was primarily driven by her eating disorder, which she doesn’t even acknowledge is still active.

Edit: sorry for the essay!

• Angry
  • Heart
Do you think part of the reason she didn't pull out or even toy with the idea is because of the backlash/ridicule she may have had from her family?

Reactions: 16
Do you think part of the reason she didn't pull out or even toy with the idea is because of the backlash/ridicule she may have had from her family?
Her father wpuld probably drop another pearl of wisdom abputvthe importance of perseverance and how she's a wuss for dropping out. I can imagine her mum going "it doesn't seem that bad" as Holly writhes in pain while her sister vlogs the thing like a prank video. I swear her whole family consists of closeted sociopaths. She needs to get out.

Reactions: 33
I just not see the whole point of being proud for running a marathon, if it would be someone old, recently covid recovering or people who have never done exercise before, or at least someone struggling with money, it would have some merit to be proud. But in this case, Its just a rich girl of the first world who has never done any formal job before, live's a comfortable life, have plenty of time for waste only in herself who just decided to put a new goal in her life . And, anyways, it's nothing new since all her life it's about eat's a little and waste all the energy with training and training and more training.
It's still a big achievement. Most people in the UK don't ever run that distance. I think it's only natural to feel proud of that accomplishment. And the training is almost a bigger achievement than the race itself, as it takes months of dedication.

Reactions: 18
It's still a big achievement. Most people in the UK don't ever run that distance. I think it's only natural to feel proud of that accomplishment. And the training is almost a bigger achievement than the race itself, as it takes months of dedication.
Agreed; definitely something worth feeling proud over

Reactions: 5
well done for finishing! (and not possible giving yourself some kind of chronic injury an dkeeping yourself safe) it shocks me that her trainer would have let her do the race tbh, or did she just ignore their advice and lie about it?
thank you! <3 tbh i kind of understand her persisting what with doing it for charity, spending so long training - a number of people still run it when they’re injured (obvs not if they literally can’t walk) but if they do they significantly lower their expectations and focus on finishing instead of getting a good time. this approach is also usually recommended if it’s your first marathon but hey ho. she clearly has the genes/has trained well but 3:37 WHILST injured is asking for permanent damage.

almost had a heart attack when i read the thing about only having water - but watching the vlog now and she mentioned having gels she brought with her??

i’m also curious - does she have strava or anything? (apologies if this has already been discussed) would love to see what a full week of training looks like and her splits, weekly mileage, etc. it seemed like her longest run before the race wasn’t much longer than a half marathon (unless i missed one?) and she’s considerably fast so i thought she would have managed to squeeze a 35k in somewhere

Reactions: 8
thank you! <3 tbh i kind of understand her persisting what with doing it for charity, spending so long training - a number of people still run it when they’re injured (obvs not if they literally can’t walk) but if they do they significantly lower their expectations and focus on finishing instead of getting a good time. this approach is also usually recommended if it’s your first marathon but hey ho. she clearly has the genes/has trained well but 3:37 WHILST injured is asking for permanent damage.

almost had a heart attack when i read the thing about only having water - but watching the vlog now and she mentioned having gels she brought with her??

i’m also curious - does she have strava or anything? (apologies if this has already been discussed) would love to see what a full week of training looks like and her splits, weekly mileage, etc. it seemed like her longest run before the race wasn’t much longer than a half marathon (unless i missed one?) and she’s considerably fast so i thought she would have managed to squeeze a 35k in somewhere
I just had a quick look and couldn't find her but there are tons of Holly Whites. Tbh from what I've seen she wasn't training well or smartly (no very easy runs, faster interval efforts etc). That said I haven't watched any of her content since she blatantly begged for free running shoes.

Even if she didn't train well it doesn't say much. People new to the sport have massive gains and jumps and then progress slows which is when having good training matters.

Also her training can't have been that Greta as she got injured, training is meant to manage load and reduce chances of injury. LASTLY from what I know/ assume she definitely didn't do any strength training to support and supplement the cardio side of things. Strength training is also an essential part of not getting injured.

Tldr what she did for training means batshit because of her newness in the sport, prior athletic success and the fact she got injured. I know I'd just get angry if I actually saw her training logs lol

Also re only water that's fine as long as she consumed the gels. That's what I do too as I prefer using brands that I like and have trained with rather than any random tit on the day as for me that's asking for problems. Out of interest did she say what brand of gels she used?

Reactions: 6
I just had a quick look and couldn't find her but there are tons of Holly Whites. Tbh from what I've seen she wasn't training well or smartly (no very easy runs, faster interval efforts etc)
She’s posted pics with her number visible - it’s 39235! And honestly doesn’t surprise me, I definitely went through a stage where I just ran almost as fast as i could every time i went out, learnt quickly that it’s not smart (or effective) 💀

Even if she didn't train well it doesn't say much. People new to the sport have massive gains and jumps and then progress slows which is when having good training matters.
Good point! Applies to so many aspects of life but consistency really is the key

Also re only water that's fine as long as she consumed the gels. That's what I do too as I prefer using brands that I like and have trained with rather than any random tit on the day as for me that's asking for problems. Out of interest did she say what brand of gels she used?
That’s exactly my approach too. RE: brand, I have no idea but I know she tried out high 5 ones at one point! (personally find them way too runny but she could love them or have gone with some other brand for all i know)

The whole paramedic/wheelchair thing is so wrong. It’s not normal to need a paramedic after running a race...collapsing and being out of breath etc. Sure that can happen, but needing serious medical attention?? Nah.

As someone part of the disabled community too - her whole i NeEdEd a whEeL cHaiR omG section is exploitative. Mobility aids aren’t a cool trendy thing for able bodied people to talk about like some unique and shocking experience. The way she titled that section ‘in a wheelchair!!! - not cool. Disabled folks get discriminated against for wheelchairs but when Holly needs it, it’s a sign of how much she pushed herself #wowhero and a fun clip with her sister laughing about it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Sure the training is an acheivement, but I think knowing your mental and physical limits and looking after yourself is an important aspect of being an athlete (thinking of Simone Biles & Emma Raducanu here especially). I'd be far more impressed if Holly had decided to not run the marathon to avoid hurting herself further, and perhaps decided to aim for the Marathon in 2022.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
they weren’t even worried about her… they just laughed about it like it was the most normal thing. Such a weird toxic family

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.