Holly Gabrielle #5 Still lives like a nun, doesn't allow herself any fun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm very behind on youtube videos right now but I'm currently watching one of Holly's vlogs from June where she talks about the pain in her foot after bouldering. Its kinda funny hearing past Holly say "I am adamant that I will not run with a niggle...I have learnt from my past mistakes". And yet a few days before the marathon she complains about pain and then goes ahead and runs. Nice to see Holly has only "learnt" from her mistake when there is no consequence to not running. tbh I'm not surprised that she is going ahead and running anyway, I'd imagine Holly's can't cope with dropping out of a commitment as though that would mean she has failed.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Emily has uploaded some pics to her Instagram stories, she did sub 3:45
saw her time in the official marathon app, her official time was 3:37 which is pretty incredible for her first time tbh, glad it obviously went well but also kind of frustrating given the way she’s gone about it all

Reactions: 16
tomorrow.... this will be a long going (if not permanent) injury now, she really should;t have done this marathon
Agreed!

Completing a Marathon is an achievement, but the unhealthy way in which she's approached it (even before the injury) just makes me sad for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thing is running on the injury for 26 miles might mean it becomes a permanent injury, it might affect running for her forever, and she apparently loves it so much she could have ruined it for herself for one day. Let's hope it does heal, but I do have to wonder if today she has made a choice she will regret. Foot pain is no joke.

Reactions: 16
I kinda feel like it's her privileged? Well if I get a really good physio it'll be fine? Not sure if that makes sense?

Reactions: 11
There’s only so much a physio can help. I hope she didn’t do long term/permanent damage, has she done any 10Ks previously aside from her training runs? Any runner I know mixes it up distance wise, they would do a big race followed by a few small ones after a small break.

Reactions: 9
I can't say I wouldn't run on a minor injury after all the training the goes into a marathon 😅.

I watched the documentary on the BBC about how the lottery funding turned around British success at the olympics and it really put into perspective what athletes go through to compete, and the toxic environments they are in. Kelly Holmes competed twice with a calf injury and a stress fracture, the gymnasts are all pretty broken down, but all they want is to achieve their dream. Thankfully athletes are starting to stop before it gets too much, like Simone Biles and Dina Asher-Smith this year.

I know running the London marathon is a tiny thing compared to the Olympics but I can imagine pulling out was not an option given what we know of her mentality (and family pressures...).

Reactions: 6
I kinda feel like it's her privileged? Well if I get a really good physio it'll be fine? Not sure if that makes sense?
Totally makes sense.

Someone else would have no other option but to make their foot the priority so that they can go to work, pay the bills, keep themselves afloat, care for children.

Or their foot takes priority because otherwise they won’t be able to afford treatment, their pain won’t be taken seriously, it would impact their other health problems.

And while I’m sure a lot of people ran with injuries yesterday it’s Holly who’ll be filming a toxic positivity video as we speak to tell us all about how she pushed through the pain and came out on top and her positive mentality was all it took.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I know running the London marathon is a tiny thing compared to the Olympics but I can imagine pulling out was not an option given what we know of her mentality (and family pressures...).
I can imagine the endless teasing/'banter' Holly's family would give her if she had dropped out with an injury

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Totally makes sense.

Someone else would have no other option but to make their foot the priority so that they can go to work, pay the bills, keep themselves afloat, care for children.

Or their foot takes priority because otherwise they won’t be able to afford treatment, their pain won’t be taken seriously, it would impact their other health problems.

And while I’m sure a lot of people ran with injuries yesterday it’s Holly who’ll be filming a toxic positivity video as we speak to tell us all about how she pushed through the pain and came out on top and her positive mentality was all it took.
Exactly this. I'm sorry but I can't congratulate her on finishing the marathon when it's highly likely she's caused long term damage to her foot. Was it worth it for a medal and some sponsorship money? Not really.

Reactions: 15
Yes this! Honestly, I know people my age/Holly's age who struggle with chronic health issues and have to be very careful and sensible always so as not to make them worse. It's not easy. And then you have Holly, who has the priviledge of generally good health, who goes around wrecking havoc on her body by pulling stunts like this, apparently completely oblivious to the fact that there is such a thing as long-term damage or chronic health issues.. It honestly just makes me sad. Does she seriously believe she can just keep treating her body like that without having to pay the price at some point? Because this stuff will catch up with her sooner or later.

The irony is that I'm sure Holly would probably look down on people who harm their health by doing drugs or binge-drinking or eating quote unquote "unhealthy" food..

(And as a side note, Holly exclaiming that her foot injury was "literally the worst thing that could have happened to me" just rubbed me the wrong way because no Holly - there are, in fact, health issues that are worse than that, and there are things that are worse and more difficult to bear than having to postpone competing in a marathon. And yes, I'm aware that I'm probably overreacting to this but man, sometimes I just get so bitter watching her)

Reactions: 18
(And as a side note, Holly exclaiming that her foot injury was "literally the worst thing that could have happened to me" just rubbed me the wrong way because no Holly - there are, in fact, health issues that are worse than that, and there are things that are worse and more difficult to bear than having to postpone competing in a marathon. And yes, I'm aware that I'm probably overreacting to this but man, sometimes I just get so bitter watching her)
TW pregnancy loss.

THIS. Maybe it's because someone in my family had a miscarriage this past week so I'm extra sensitive, but since I had to stand in front of a baby coffin two days ago, watching this stupid privileged woman whine about a marathon and say it was the worst thing ever when SHE injured herself by being an idiot.. I wanted to reach inside my screen and slap her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes this! Honestly, I know people my age/Holly's age who struggle with chronic health issues and have to be very careful and sensible always so as not to make them worse. It's not easy. And then you have Holly, who has the priviledge of generally good health, who goes around wrecking havoc on her body by pulling stunts like this, apparently completely oblivious to the fact that there is such a thing as long-term damage or chronic health issues.. It honestly just makes me sad. Does she seriously believe she can just keep treating her body like that without having to pay the price at some point? Because this stuff will catch up with her sooner or later.

The irony is that I'm sure Holly would probably look down on people who harm their health by doing drugs or binge-drinking or eating quote unquote "unhealthy" food..

Amen to this, I’m roughly her age and can only be on my feet a few hours a day..i have a disorder where my brain doesnt have the ability to recognize when I sleep so I am permanently exhausted as it can’t translate rest into energy. A walk kills me let alone a run....

And that’s not for sympathy points, it’s just grating to hear a lot of complaining from an able bodied person who had a foot injury and is comparing it to a lifetime of chronic illness. Id kill to be able to go for a long walk with my dog.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She not only ran a marathon with an Achilles injury, but needed treatment by the paramedics as she 'almost collapsed' (her own words, whilst she was laughing it off) as she did in Australia after she crossed the finish line. Her denial and ability to minimise is really worrying.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
She not only ran a marathon with an Achilles injury, but needed treatment by the paramedics as she 'almost collapsed' (her own words, whilst she was laughing it off) as she did in Australia after she crossed the finish line. Her denial and ability to minimise is really worrying.
Why is everyone congratulating her in the comments omg
They really just, blindly worship her

• Sick
Reactions: 12
I gave her a slight benefit of the doubt in Australia but since she didn’t learn from it at all it’s her own doing. Hydration and nutrition are pretty important in a marathon.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.