Holly Gabrielle #5 Still lives like a nun, doesn't allow herself any fun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she has a new video out and wants to "explore" strength training. I wonder what form of exercise would she explore when she has a fracture or something? Because it just never seems to stop.

Reactions: 9
she’s considerably fast so i thought she would have managed to squeeze a 35k in somewhere
I think she did a 35k the week before the marathon and then that was meant to be her taper week - i.e. tapering down to shorter distances before the big race.

Reactions: 3
So she has a new video out and wants to "explore" strength training. I wonder what form of exercise would she explore when she has a fracture or something? Because it just never seems to stop.
strength training would mean gaining weight, right?

Reactions: 2
I believe that muscle gain does increase your weight, slightly unless you are bodybuilding

Yes it could. Only if you fuel properly. Gaining weight needs a lot of bulking. That includes healthy fats and proteins. Not raw veggies and oats.

Also, the point was just that she shouldn't be exercising on an injury. Cardio or strength. This makes me wonder if her injury was that serious afterall?!

Reactions: 10
Also, the point was just that she shouldn't be exercising on an injury. Cardio or strength. This makes me wonder if her injury was that serious afterall?!
Didn't she make a big show of allegedly 'having' to use crutches that one time?
I assume that if the injury is bad enough she genuinely won't be able to exercise on it at all?

Reactions: 6
Didn't she make a big show of allegedly 'having' to use crutches that one time?
I assume that if the injury is bad enough she genuinely won't be able to exercise on it at all?
When it comes to ED'S nope. I have known people to continue intense exercise with broken limbs. They don't think like a rational person.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
i think if she’s doing it for the sake of running, not really. for non-disordered people gaining weight, even from muscle isn’t really advantageous because it’s just more effort for you to carry more of yourself round the long distances. strength is important for good form and preventing injury (and getting faster), but it’s not really the ‘gain lots of muscle’ kind, it’s the ‘making whatever muscle you do have very strong’ kind. which is a step in the right direction for her for sure, but only if accompanied by sufficient rest and nutrition, and ideally not doing the sessions it on the same day as a hard run - but what’s the likelihood that she’ll stick to that? we already know i fear

Reactions: 5
I think she looks fine but that's besides the point. It's her state of mind I'm concerned about. I feel like a lot of 'recovered' people get into strength training :unsure:

Reactions: 9
I haven't watched Holly in years but heard she had run the marathon.. scary to see her still living at home and to be publicising the dynamics of her family, shows she thinks its normal. Just as her parents found each other, I worry that Holly will end up finding friends/a partner who are equally as 'odd' (for lack of a better word) and don't have her best interests at heart. Unfortunately these people seem to migrate to each other somehow... It took me years of my 20s to unlearn things I had seen and been taught by my family, and to know what red flags to look out for in partners. I wish better for her!!

Reactions: 8
Does anyone know why she didn't continue with her coach when she was training for the marathon?
I am watching her new video right now and she said she stopped working with her coach because 1) she had a foot injury ("just a niggle") during her first two months of training and that was why she did not get much out of training with the coach, 2) her coach "had a lot going on in his personal life" at the time and therefore Holly didn't get much out of the training, 3) she felt she would be better off just following a training plan template by herself, 4) she would get anxious and put intense pressure on herself to run faster when she knew her coach would see her stats, to the point of getting very frustrated and angry with herself every time she had a bad run, so she stopped working with the coach to avoid that kind of pressure.

Can't honestly say that any of these explanations make sense to me.. but then again it's Holly so weirdness abounds anyway

Edit: Holly also mentioned that both her mum and her dad have now applied to run the London Marathon next year too...talk about a competitive family.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Thanks. I saw her Instagram caption and was curious if it was a case of "Holly knows best".

Reactions: 3
I am watching her new video right now and she said she stopped working with her coach because 1) she had a foot injury ("just a niggle") during her first two months of training and that was why she did not get much out of training with the coach, 2) her coach "had a lot going on in his personal life" at the time and therefore Holly didn't get much out of the training, 3) she felt she would be better off just following a training plan template by herself, 4) she would get anxious and put intense pressure on herself to run faster when she knew her coach would see her stats, to the point of getting very frustrated and angry with herself every time she had a bad run, so she stopped working with the coach to avoid that kind of pressure.

Can't honestly say that any of these explanations make sense to me.. but then again it's Holly so weirdness abounds anyway

Edit: Holly also mentioned that both her mum and her dad have now applied to run the London Marathon next year too...talk about a competitive family.
Gosh that’s a lot to unpack. Given Holly’s mental state I doubt she’d be happy with any coach or being told what to do. Maybe her and her coach weren’t the right fit but I really doubt she’s in the headspace to be able to surrender control like that to someone, especially if they’re telling her to run slower (most of your Mara training should be much slower than your Mara pace).

At this point I doubt anything fundamental is going to change in her life, she’ll be 35 still making weird morning routines and not being able to drink or eat upstairs. She’s not big enough to get cancelled so I guess we’ll just watch her engagement and views slowly decline.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Does anyone else have a deep hatred for those slipper boots she wears? Every time i see them i feel a surge of anger and hatred towards them

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else have a deep hatred for those slipper boots she wears? Every time i see them i feel a surge of anger and hatred towards them
Lol can you post a pic? That said if they’re uggs I’m Australian and guilty as charged 😂

Reactions: 1
SURELY that's not Holly swearing in her latest video wow Im kind of proud of her (17 min mark)

*Edited to add - her Dad is genuinely savage wtf.

Apparently they're 'foot warmers' that dancers wear. Holly, Emily, and their mom all wear them (presumabĺy as part of their "former dancer" identity) and Holly often goes on about how great they are. I hate myself for knowing this. I really need to watch less youtube lmao

Last edited:
Yes it could. Only if you fuel properly. Gaining weight needs a lot of bulking. That includes healthy fats and proteins. Not raw veggies and oats.

Had a housemate who was attempting to "healthily" bulk once. He was trying to get up to like 3.5k calories a day by eating "healthy meals" of oats and kale. Unsurprisingly he felt sick all of the time as you need a stupid amount of kale to make up calories.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.