Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah I was surprised nothing happened after that hospital visit, the only thing I can think would be that they were so busy they didn't really have time, it was still when corona cases were pretty bad in the uk iirc
I'm not entirely clued up with what happened with her hands, but I'm a junior doc and have worked in A&E before. A&E is basically there to decide 'is there something urgent that needs to be treated now', and you're mostly focusing on the presenting complaint. If docs in A&E tried to do a full work-up, both physically and mentally, of every patient who walks in, the wait times would be doubled - that's not really their job, GPs and psychiatrists etc. are there for more long-term issues. If she's come in with a problem with her hands it's unlikely an A&E doctor is going to delve into her mental health, even pre-covid. If they'd done bloods and seen her electrolytes were really off or something, that might have been a different story, but usually the mental health team will only get involved in A&E if a patient is in crisis.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Absolutely!! Grace (Grackle) is a great example of this!

When it comes to Holly's hair, her texture could be caused by a few things, though:
A) Genetics, some people have "fluffier" hair than others, mostly caused by thinner hair strands.
B) She might be over-washing her hair, since she exercises every day?
C) She's not using a conditioner or hair oil, or any silicones (I think). Some silicones sits on top of the hair strands and kind of form an armour that protects against damage like heat and friction. Silicones doesn't work for everyone, and that's okay.
D) Like others have said, putting it in a bun or a pony tail, is not a great idea. Why doesn't she ever braid it instead?

But it also makes sense that it's her diet (lack of energy, protein, fats, minerals, vitamins) that's causing alot of the damage. Hair grows slowly, so it might take months or years before you see the true effects of a malnutrition. I've personally experienced hair loss a few months after a really stressfull or depressing period of my life, especially if I didn't eat properly during that time. It's strange how it doesn't happen straight away.. I'm not sure if Holly's hair line is receding, because from earlier videos it looks like she's always had that hair line? But I'm definitely not 100% sure.

HOLLY, GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR AND GET A BLOOD TEST FOR MINERAL AND VITAMIN DEFICIENCIES.
yup, a doctor's appointment should be her next challenge, instead of "i live in my bed for a whole day" try "I check if I'm healthy for a day"

Reactions: 9
To be brutally honest... nothing’s gonna change unless she realizes she has a problem and things need to change. TW for ED

I had anorexia in high school and college. Went to give blood, they asked me if I was sure I was over the weight limit - I definitely wasn’t, but they never weighed me. Was sent to a nutritionist by a concerned teacher, was told I was eating too much fruit (SUGAR omg) and given a super low daily calorie limit to aspire to. My parents didn’t know what to do with me so I moved out on my own at age 17 so my mom and I could at least stop fighting all the livelong day.
Her parents are clearly not clued in. I feel like her best hope at this point is if she gets a good coach and actually takes advice, and realizes that there’s not going to be a marathon unless she’s able to follow advice. No one’s gonna make her. She needs to rely on herself.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
To be brutally honest... nothing’s gonna change unless she realizes she has a problem and things need to change. TW for ED

I had anorexia in high school and college. Went to give blood, they asked me if I was sure I was over the weight limit - I definitely wasn’t, but they never weighed me. Was sent to a nutritionist by a concerned teacher, was told I was eating too much fruit (SUGAR omg) and given a super low daily calorie limit to aspire to. My parents didn’t know what to do with me so I moved out on my own at age 17 so my mom and I could at least stop fighting all the livelong day.
Her parents are clearly not clued in. I feel like her best hope at this point is if she gets a good coach and actually takes advice, and realizes that there’s not going to be a marathon unless she’s able to follow advice. No one’s gonna make her. She needs to rely on herself.
what is really shocking is that she is their second daughter with the same ED and they still have no clue what to do... I get it is really difficult but surely they should have learned something?

Reactions: 14
I’m guessing Hollys parents haven’t stepped in because of the idea that an eating disorder is rapidly losing weight and not eating, so if she is eating (although restrictively) it can be fairly easy to cover up, especially as she’s vegan. But she’s 23 right? They might just feel like it’s not their place to comment, or they’re oblivious. That said, I’ve been in holly’s place before and my family were constantly expressing worry over my appearance and actions until I did something about it so it’s kind of a shame to see nothing happening.
It’s ridiculous that she’s sharing what she’s doing though. She went on 2 walks, imaging they were pretty long, and did some stretching and all she ate was some mango, some porridge and some pasta/bean/veg thing. Good luck to her running the marathon, I cba with her anymore it’s a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: 16
A) Genetics, some people have "fluffier" hair than others, mostly caused by thinner hair strands.
When it comes to the texture alone, I'm pretty much convinced this is due to Holly having curly hair but treating it as if it was straight. Source: I have curly hair and used to treat it as if it was straight. That being said, she is obviously very physically (and probably also mentally) unwell. If she took proper care of her hair I think it would look great, same goes for herself in general.

Reactions: 11
I’m guessing Hollys parents haven’t stepped in because of the idea that an eating disorder is rapidly losing weight and not eating, so if she is eating (although restrictively) it can be fairly easy to cover up, especially as she’s vegan. But she’s 23 right? They might just feel like it’s not their place to comment, or they’re oblivious. That said, I’ve been in holly’s place before and my family were constantly expressing worry over my appearance and actions until I did something about it so it’s kind of a shame to see nothing happening.
It’s ridiculous that she’s sharing what she’s doing though. She went on 2 walks, imaging they were pretty long, and did some stretching and all she ate was some mango, some porridge and some pasta/bean/veg thing. Good luck to her running the marathon, I cba with her anymore it’s a recipe for disaster.
Unfortunately even when it's clear someone is struggling, some parents/families are still a bit 'embarrassed about admitting there's an issue, or don't know how best to solve it. Some families don't even talk about emotions, let alone mental health issues, and tbf I do get that impression from Holly's parents. As mentioned before her Dad isn't really present most of the time, and her Mum seems incredibly controlling. When I had an ED, it took until I reached a BMI of 14 for people to even take me aside for chats, and even then nobody offered help, access to therapy etc - I was basically told to eat and get on with things. Within my own family I was stonewalled and although now I know it was due to boomer parents being bad with emotions, it made things so much more difficult and isolating.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Also in the recent video, it’s proof Holly is treading on egg shells around her mum trying to reassure her of everything. Oh and also Caroline’s clear control/clean issues.

Holly spills some oats in the microwave and proceeds to explain she’s ‘lucky her mum was doing a lateral flow test’ (because she wasn’t in the kitchen) and then proceeds to reassure her mum ‘I’ll sort it mum don’t worry I’ll sort it’.... can’t her mum trust that her 23 year old daughter will tidy her own mess? Jesus

And then there was when Holly was sitting on the floor instead of the sofa. Hollys mum firstly asks her why she’s on the floor, and then goes on to say that Holly ‘can’t sit on the sofa now’ because she’s ‘got all dirty’ from sitting on her (probably) immaculately hoovered wood flooring. Absolutely ludicrous?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Also in the recent video, it’s proof Holly is treading on egg shells around her mum trying to reassure her of everything. Oh and also Caroline’s clear control/clean issues.

Holly spills some oats in the microwave and proceeds to explain she’s ‘lucky her mum was doing a lateral flow test’ (because she wasn’t in the kitchen) and then proceeds to reassure her mum ‘I’ll sort it mum don’t worry I’ll sort it’.... can’t her mum trust that her 23 year old daughter will tidy her own mess? Jesus

And then there was when Holly was sitting on the floor instead of the sofa. Hollys mum firstly asks her why she’s on the floor, and then goes on to say that Holly ‘can’t sit on the sofa now’ because she’s ‘got all dirty’ from sitting on her (probably) immaculately hoovered wood flooring. Absolutely ludicrous?
I think it was in a vlog during... one of the previous lockdown (my sense of time & I ebokw up about a year ago) that Holly cut her own hair, as did many of us, and I mostly remember her mom being so negative about it. Like, how could Holly have such an idea, why would she possibly do this... and with, just let her have fun. Offer to help and just roll with one of the few fun kind of chaotic things people could still do at the time...

Jfc that's horrible, I can't imagine how scary/anxiety-provoking it would be to live in that environment. This really isn't normal and her Mum could probably benefit from some help as well as Holly!! Not being able to make something as basic as porridge or sit on the couch without a stern reaction would drive anybody up the wall, let alone someone who's already struggling with mental health issues :(

Reactions: 12
Jfc that's horrible, I can't imagine how scary/anxiety-provoking it would be to live in that environment. This really isn't normal and her Mum could probably benefit from some help as well as Holly!! Not being able to make something as basic as porridge or sit on the couch without a stern reaction would drive anybody up the wall, let alone someone who's already struggling with mental health issues :(
yeah really... I 've said it before but their whole family dynamic is just so bizarre

Reactions: 12
Holly: I’ve never had a pair of gymshark leggings!

Also Holly: Has a pair of gymshark leggings sold on her Depop from 75weeks ago
I wonder where that photo was taken, its not Hollys cot bed in the background and i somehow doubt she was staying at a guys house and thought the randomly picture her leggings to sell on depop!

Reactions: 6
I wonder where that photo was taken, its not Hollys cot bed in the background and i somehow doubt she was staying at a guys house and thought the randomly picture her leggings to sell on depop!
Yeah I really don't think it's her tbh

brother's room?? white walls and immaculate flooring would point to that

might be Emily, Holly is much more emaciated

Reactions: 3
brother's room?? white walls and immaculate flooring would point to that

might be Emily, Holly is much more emaciated
It’s Holly but in a different room of her house, and she’s got more weight on her because it was taken over a year ago. She’s lost weight since then.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Yeah wow that's really not normal or healthy at all. Kind of makes you wonder if that is not a huge part of where Holly's obvious control issues and her obsession with eating 'clean' stem from. :/

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.