Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was going to put that here too. She just looks scary there. How can they not see it????
her mom is probably happy to not have fat daughters. dance can be brutal. and her dad seems emotionally absent.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
her mom is probably happy to not have fat daughters. dance can be brutal. and her dad seems emotionally absent.
Yeah definitely, my friend went to a prestigious dance school and many girls who were already underweight were encouraged to lose more weight (alongside being encouraged to develop behaviours typical of those with eating disorders), it makes sense from her mums perspective in that regard but I don't understand how the rest of them don't say anything

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
That photo is disturbing! I think the damage is probably irreversible now and Holly must live a very painful difficult life.

It shouldnt matter how emotionally absent the Dad is, when your 23 year old daughter starts looking like your mother and 70+ i think its time to check her into a facility, there house is worth over 1 million, they have the resources for private treatment, most suffers could only dream of

• Heart
Reactions: 15
In light of two deaths in the news in two weeks of young women from anorexia, what actually can you do if someone is not recognising they have a problem or unwilling to seek help? At work we have been doing a lot of sign posting to organisations who help etc, but say I worked with someone as Ill, frail and destroyed as Holly how do you handle the situation, knowing any comment on appearance would probs negatively feed into voices?

Reactions: 1
In light of two deaths in the news in two weeks of young women from anorexia, what actually can you do if someone is not recognising they have a problem or unwilling to seek help? At work we have been doing a lot of sign posting to organisations who help etc, but say I worked with someone as Ill, frail and destroyed as Holly how do you handle the situation, knowing any comment on appearance would probs negatively feed into voices?
The short version - very delicately; it all depends on the personality of the sufferer, really. Avoid blaming them, or using silly statements like 'just eat' or 'you need food'. Try to be gentle but firm, and express concern rather than anger (eg say ''I've noticed you're not having as much to eat as usual'' rather than ''Why aren't you eating??") Don't get physical, and although you need to let them hear everything you have to say, give them time to think and respond - my aunt tried to give ED!me a ''talk'' and scared the tit out of me by physically shaking me and refusing to let me leave the room when I got emotional 💀
Most importantly, listen to their concerns, worries and fears. A lot of people with EDs, especially if they're young and/or isolated, will feel incredibly cut-off and lonely, so allowing them time to get that out of their system could be a huge help. You should also point them towards free resources and services that could help them, depending on their finances and family situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That photo is disturbing! I think the damage is probably irreversible now and Holly must live a very painful difficult life.

It shouldnt matter how emotionally absent the Dad is, when your 23 year old daughter starts looking like your mother and 70+ i think its time to check her into a facility, there house is worth over 1 million, they have the resources for private treatment, most suffers could only dream of
It's worth pointing out that even though Nikki Grahame's friends raised sufficient money to enrol her in a private facility, she was never able to get there as no beds were available. Even money can't overcome the extreme shortage of inpatient treatment places.

I will eat my hat if she doesn't have osteopenia at the very least, I can't see how she is getting enough iron or calcium when all she seems to eat is boiled veg. Also lots of vitamins are fat-soluble so even if they are in the veg, not having something with fat (even an avocado or hummus) will mean the nutrients can't be absorbed.

• Sad
God her head looks so huge in this - though of course there's nothing wrong with her head, it just looks that way cause her body is too small in relation. :/ Other people here know more about the UK health system than I do, but at this point she should just go see a doctor, any doctor, honestly. Even if she doesn't want to get treatment for her eating issues right now, at the very least I think she should get checked and treated for any physical health effects it's having on her. :/

Reactions: 7
God her head looks so huge in this - though of course there's nothing wrong with her head, it just looks that way cause her body is too small in relation. :/ Other people here know more about the UK health system than I do, but at this point she should just go see a doctor, any doctor, honestly. Even if she doesn't want to get treatment for her eating issues right now, at the very least I think she should get checked and treated for any physical health effects it's having on her. :/
I doubt she will, I posted a few days ago about the effects osteoporosis has had on my mum, the bone density scan but be prepared for an overnight stay has turned in at least 5 days in hospital. I suspect it would be a similar outcome for Holly. I honestly believe she believes she’s got a balanced diet.

Yes it will probably take something extreme, like a bad fall, to force her to acknowledge there are any problems.

Reactions: 4
Yes it will probably take something extreme, like a bad fall, to force her to acknowledge there are any problems.
But she’s already been to hospital with her hands, and that did’t convince her that there’s a problem. A quick Google suggests that could have been caused by poor nutrition but of course it was dismissed. There are huge issues in that family - I understand that having a child with an ED must be frightening and you’re probably as scared to confront it as you are to let things carry on - but I do think the parents need to take a long, hard look at themselves. Any family where both of the daughters have or have had eating disorders has got some major problems that need addressing.

Reactions: 8
Surely if something were to happen that was bad enough for her to go to hospital, they'd see what was up in hospital, hopefully intervene? It doesn't take a medical professional to see that something is very wrong here.

Reactions: 4
Surely if something were to happen that was bad enough for her to go to hospital, they'd see what was up in hospital, hopefully intervene? It doesn't take a medical professional to see that something is very wrong here.
yeah I was surprised nothing happened after that hospital visit, the only thing I can think would be that they were so busy they didn't really have time, it was still when corona cases were pretty bad in the uk iirc

The problem is the medical professionals are limited on what they can actually do to intervene when a patient doesn’t want help. For all we know, they did try to address the root cause and she got aggressive and dismissive about it like she does online!

She isn’t unwell enough to be forced into a facility, but I wonder if it might come to that sooner than we think now that she’ll be exercising more than ever.

Reactions: 5
This is the problem, unless you’re physically ill enough to warrant being forced into hospital bc otherwise you’re going to die, if you refuse treatment there's not much they can really do.

I actually can't believe how ill she looks in thatsgtory with the caption about "pre phototoshoot" she looks like an elderly woman

Some people are naturally very tiny with a small frame, and have a difficult time gaining weight. But in Holly's case, we can clearly see that she has an extremely restrictive diet, she exercises alot, plus she has a history of an untreated anorexia nervosa. I don't think a doctor, besides her GP, would comment on her low weight, unless she came to the emergency room after fainting, or something to that effect. But who knows?

Reactions: 8
Some people are naturally very tiny with a small frame, and have a difficult time gaining weight. But in Holly's case, we can clearly see that she has an extremely restrictive diet, she exercises alot, plus she has a history of an untreated anorexia nervosa. I don't think a doctor, besides her GP, would comment on her low weight, unless she came to the emergency room after fainting, or something to that effect. But who knows?
She also just looks unhealthy, even if you didn't know her hsitory you would suspect something imo. I don't know if you follow Grackle but she is also very thin but doesn't look anything like Holly does, Hollys hair also looks really damaged now

Reactions: 11
She also just looks unhealthy, even if you didn't know her hsitory you would suspect something imo. I don't know if you follow Grackle but she is also very thin but doesn't look anything like Holly does, Hollys hair also looks really damaged now
Absolutely!! Grace (Grackle) is a great example of this!

When it comes to Holly's hair, her texture could be caused by a few things, though:
A) Genetics, some people have "fluffier" hair than others, mostly caused by thinner hair strands.
B) She might be over-washing her hair, since she exercises every day?
C) She's not using a conditioner or hair oil, or any silicones (I think). Some silicones sits on top of the hair strands and kind of form an armour that protects against damage like heat and friction. Silicones doesn't work for everyone, and that's okay.
D) Like others have said, putting it in a bun or a pony tail, is not a great idea. Why doesn't she ever braid it instead?

But it also makes sense that it's her diet (lack of energy, protein, fats, minerals, vitamins) that's causing alot of the damage. Hair grows slowly, so it might take months or years before you see the true effects of a malnutrition. I've personally experienced hair loss a few months after a really stressfull or depressing period of my life, especially if I didn't eat properly during that time. It's strange how it doesn't happen straight away.. I'm not sure if Holly's hair line is receding, because from earlier videos it looks like she's always had that hair line? But I'm definitely not 100% sure.

HOLLY, GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR AND GET A BLOOD TEST FOR MINERAL AND VITAMIN DEFICIENCIES.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.