Holly Gabrielle #4 Any excuse to take her shirt off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s getting to the point where I struggle to watch her content. It’s just sad seeing her getting worse. She looked healthy and happy when she was in Australia and now all we have is these painfully strict daily routines and awful diet.
it’s such a shame because she seems like such a lovely girl, but she’s obviously got so much going on in her mind. I really hope she doesn’t get any worse, but it just seems like she looks more and more sick with every post now :(
She said she lost weight in Australia. I forgot which video it was though.

Reactions: 2
I just remember her looking really happy and like she was genuinely enjoying herself, whereas now she doesn’t do anything apart from study and exercise :/

Reactions: 7
I'm in two minds whether I feel more sorry for her or her dad over asking him not to play trombone. I think if I had something important on, the noise would annoy me so I would probably ask family to be quiet too but does he play it all day long. Why was he disheartened/she dreading the convo 😂 An open book 24 hour exam sounds like a dream compared to traditional exams.
Her dad literally plays trombone for a living- it’s his job. So her asking him to stop playing is the equivalent of him asking Holly to stop tutoring. I understand noise is annoying, but when it’s your parents job, you learn to get over it. I live with 2 musician parents and all you have to do is put in some earplugs or noise cancelling headphones. Really not rocket science.

That’s the whole point of living with other people as well. Holly says she really enjoys being at home etc etc but I think it’s pretty obvious she’s still quite twitchy and stressy at home. She STILL spends all her time in her room (she has her masters studying to use as an excuse now though) and its clear she can’t respect people’s boundaries (walking into her sister room half shouting right before her sister has meetings, or blaring loud music while her dad is trying to work in his office). Idk. There’s just something off about Holly right now.

Reactions: 21
Yeah she made a video talking about her weight/eating issues while in Australia - problem is I never watched it so I can't tell you what she said in it, but here's the link:

Reactions: 2
Yeah she made a video talking about her weight/eating issues while in Australia - problem is I never watched it so I can't tell you what she said in it, but here's the link:
Honestly she seems so rational in that video. The fact her mindset was so much healthier while she was in australia alone compared to now while living with her family says a lot tbh.
It’s 100% normal for your eating habits to change with your environment / who you are around, but there is clearly a massive amount of toxicity in the house around food and it’s having a terrible impact on her!

Reactions: 9
I've only just started watching this but oh my god she looks so much healthier (and she's still super skinny here...), I can't believe how ill she looks now

Can anyone recap the video? I got four ads within two minutes. I'm not watching that.
if you are watching on a computer your/ phone skip to the end of the video and then replay, 99% of the time videos play without ads

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Her dad literally plays trombone for a living- it’s his job. So her asking him to stop playing is the equivalent of him asking Holly to stop tutoring. I understand noise is annoying, but when it’s your parents job, you learn to get over it. I live with 2 musician parents and all you have to do is put in some earplugs or noise cancelling headphones. Really not rocket science.

That’s the whole point of living with other people as well. Holly says she really enjoys being at home etc etc but I think it’s pretty obvious she’s still quite twitchy and stressy at home. She STILL spends all her time in her room (she has her masters studying to use as an excuse now though) and its clear she can’t respect people’s boundaries (walking into her sister room half shouting right before her sister has meetings, or blaring loud music while her dad is trying to work in his office). Idk. There’s just something off about Holly right now.
I didn't realise this! In that case, I think it's a bit out of line. I thought her comments at the end of the vid were quite telling when she was asking her mum on a scale of 10 how stressed she was and her mum was a bit sarcastic.

Reactions: 7
I didn't realise this! In that case, I think it's a bit out of line. I thought her comments at the end of the vid were quite telling when she was asking her mum on a scale of 10 how stressed she was and her mum was a bit sarcastic.
their whole family dynamic is just SO weird

Reactions: 6
This is not acceptable AD declaration. Does anyone know where I can report her? Makes me really angry.

View attachment 485006
No. No. No. NO.

Holly NO.

Ugh this has actually really annoyed me. My uni are doing these 24 hour exams and this is completely misrepresentative of what they are. It's an open book system that means you have 24 hours to complete it- you SHOULD be doing it in normal exam time- so about 2 hours (ish, it could be more or less). It's designed this way to make it accessible to everyone- not so you stress over it for 24 hours. This is the kind of tit I have to tell my students not to watch or pay attention to. We're all already stressed out over online working, and this kind of content makes it so much worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
No. No. No. NO.

Holly NO.

Ugh this has actually really annoyed me. My uni are doing these 24 hour exams and this is completely misrepresentative of what they are. It's an open book system that means you have 24 hours to complete it- you SHOULD be doing it in normal exam time- so about 2 hours (ish, it could be more or less). It's designed this way to make it accessible to everyone- not so you stress over it for 24 hours. This is the kind of tit I have to tell my students not to watch or pay attention to. We're all already stressed out over online working, and this kind of content makes it so much worse.
I am not at uni, how does it work? do they not stop you after the 2 hours?

I am not at uni, how does it work? do they not stop you after the 2 hours?
The exam paper is written as if a traditional exam so students are not expected to have to work more than the usual 2-3 hour time limit required but because of online learning etc. students are given 24 hours to complete the exam. It means students have the flexibility to complete the exam whenever suits best if they have caring/technology/covid/time zone complications. It's still marked as a time-limited exam (at least at my uni) so markers aren't expecting the same standards as an assignment that students have weeks to prepare. My students also stress out about these types of exams because they assume they should be as perfect as other essays/assignments etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The exam paper is written as if a traditional exam so students are not expected to have to work more than the usual 2-3 hour time limit required but because of online learning etc. students are given 24 hours to complete the exam. It means students have the flexibility to complete the exam whenever suits best if they have caring/technology/covid/time zone complications. It's still marked as a time-limited exam (at least at my uni) so markers aren't expecting the same standards as an assignment that students have weeks to prepare. My students also stress out about these types of exams because they assume they should be as perfect as other essays/assignments etc.
wow... so judging by her watching and writing lecture notes over hours.... she really is taking this time... does this also not leave it open to students using books etc while doing the exam? I would think it would be better just to move to essays at this point?

wow... so judging by her watching and writing lecture notes over hours.... she really is taking this time... does this also not leave it open to students using books etc while doing the exam? I would think it would be better just to move to essays at this point?
Yeah, it's open book. You're free to google things or use lecture notes etc. The difference is because of the time limit, in theory, there's no way to properly research a whole new topic so it's testing that you're keeping up with the module content and revision as you go along.

• Wow
Honestly she seems so rational in that video. The fact her mindset was so much healthier while she was in australia alone compared to now while living with her family says a lot tbh.
It’s 100% normal for your eating habits to change with your environment / who you are around, but there is clearly a massive amount of toxicity in the house around food and it’s having a terrible impact on her!
I think her being around so many different people in Australia made her realise that some of her behaviours and views (her restrictive diet and looking down on relationships) aren’t “normal.” I think when she’s at home she’s in her own bubble so doesn’t see an issue with her behaviour.

Reactions: 10
Yeah, it's open book. You're free to google things or use lecture notes etc. The difference is because of the time limit, in theory, there's no way to properly research a whole new topic so it's testing that you're keeping up with the module content and revision as you go along.
obviously you cannot research something totally new... but this seems like a totally differenent thing from a closed book exam? you can quickly check on things you know etc

obviously you cannot research something totally new... but this seems like a totally differenent thing from a closed book exam? you can quickly check on things you know etc
you can check on facts and details, but if you haven't understood the course content beforehand, you won't understand it in the exam either.

Reactions: 5
To be fair, noise cancelling headphones are designed to block ambient noise like the neighbour mowing their lawn. I find they do a pretty bad job with stuff like conversation and music. Earplugs are better, but they still don't hold up under really loud noise.

Point is, I don't think Holly is being unreasonable here. From what I saw, it's not like she's constantly telling her family to be quiet. She just needs a one time accomodation for a very important exam. Now if she wanted her dad to stop playing for the whole 24 hours, that would unreasonable. But if she told him to not play during a certain 2-3 hour window, that seems like a good compromise.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
To be fair, noise cancelling headphones are designed to block ambient noise like the neighbour mowing their lawn. I find they do a pretty bad job with stuff like conversation and music. Earplugs are better, but they still don't hold up under really loud noise.

Point is, I don't think Holly is being unreasonable here. From what I saw, it's not like she's constantly telling her family to be quiet. She just needs a one time accomodation for a very important exam. Now if she wanted her dad to stop playing for the whole 24 hours, that would unreasonable. But if she told him to not play during a certain 2-3 hour window, that seems like a good compromise.
I disagree tbh, if I was living in my parents house and asked them to do this they would basically tell me to move out tbh...

• Wow
Reactions: 10

Her dad probably needs to practice. Being a musician is his job.
She acts like a stupid screaming gremlin most of the time, and they all let her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.