Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
To be fair, if Cambridge is like my uni, the machines literally had on or off and hot or cold buttons once you'd paid. Home washing machines are a bit more complicated, although they're still incredibly intuitive and straight forward.
yeah I do agree, my mum did all my washing when I was at home tbh but she still showed me how to use a machine before going to uni

Reactions: 2

dddddaaa1

It’s getting to the point where I struggle to watch her content. It’s just sad seeing her getting worse. She looked healthy and happy when she was in Australia and now all we have is these painfully strict daily routines and awful diet.
it’s such a shame because she seems like such a lovely girl, but she’s obviously got so much going on in her mind. I really hope she doesn’t get any worse, but it just seems like she looks more and more sick with every post now :(
She said she lost weight in Australia. I forgot which video it was though.

emm

VIP Member
Doesn’t it tend to depend under which part of the MH Act you’ve been sectioned? You don’t just get ‘sectioned’, there are different sections of the MH Act and I think the longer term impacts depend on which section is used to detain you. I think some (or possibly all) will show on an enhanced CRB check but that in itself wouldn’t necessarily be a bar to certain careers. I believe some sections can also impact travel to some countries.
wow I never had any idea it could impact travel! I think what I find most worrying about this whole thing is how many of her fans are saying how great she looks and, from what I have seen, no one is expressing concern

scoobie

VIP Member
*me suddenly having flashbacks to that video where Holly explained that you shouldn't eat olive oil because it's "empty calories" and "not a health food"*
This explains so much about all these years of nothing but raw veg. She daren’t fry or roast anything.

emm

VIP Member
Yeah, two lateral flow tests at the same time (and then commented on how her mum said she should've only used one test, for once I'm with her mum becuase they come in packs of 7 and now she's messed up the swab/buffer to test ratio lol)
that's ridiculous, why did they even let her just do two like that? And what was the reason?

macrofriendly

VIP Member
Briefly got high hopes for Holly's "CHANGING MY HABITS" video but turns out she's just talking about wanting to get up at 7am instead of 8am and start training for her marathon (unless I missed sth, that is). Otherwise it's the same old Holly routine, eating salad with raw mushrooms and a little bit of Tahini for 'lunch', going on runs, being scared of having to socialize again after lockdown. It's almost calming how nothing ever changes with her but man, it can't be good for her.
I wonder if she's still eating her 'lunch' at like 5pm too :rolleyes:

she had that binge eating "disorder" video that was just her eating oats due to being malnourished
Don't really think that was that bad, it's no secret that she's suffering from an ED and they often morph from one form to another to really fuck with you. Was actually quite surprised that she would address any kind of eating issues at all rather than just pretending it's all fine.

anoninterior

sorry to go OT but i cannot watch her say 'water time' without thinking of water time before a night out at uni, although obviously quite different haha

Last edited:

Welshgal

VIP Member
I couldn't watch much of her video. She looks incredibly sick and acted almost drunk in the morning clips? It just gave me such weird vibes

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
Has anyone seen, on her story she's teasing a big announcement tomorrow and says she excited to take people along for the ride. My money's on a PhD, something abroad, Narna drop, or a running race.
I think she mentioned in a recent video (I can't remember which one, they are all the same) that if we were eagle eyes enough we might've already seen what it is, which makes me think it's a merch/collab thing.

Reactions: 1
Haven’t watched her new video yet but I’m glad she’s doing something like this. I watch Leila’s content and her diet is miles better than Hollys

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Lol I was looking for that Animal Rights March 2018 video out of curiosity and found another one from 2017 on Emily's channel and omg Emily and Holly are like the most awkward protest march attendees ever. I mean, activism is great and all, good for them, but man that video was just so awkward xD But yeah I guess out of the two Emily is more interested in activism.

Here's the link btw:

• Heart

xekatinaz

Just a reminder that Holly is a studytuber with a tutoring business.
Academics discussions are going to come up. That’s her niche.

3littlekittens

Is Holly in a one year master's? In the States pretty much all master's are 2-3 years. That's why I assumed she would spend the next academic year doing her project, and apply to a PhD for September 2022.

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
Seems she's working on an "Ultimate Student Study Guide" - I'd guess either a book or a short course? "Sorry guys I can't tell you what my secret project is about" *proceeds to show her planning it*

Also sidenote, I never understand why Youtubers are so secretive about their 'projects'. Most authors don't hide that they're writing a book!
From the blurry look of her notion it looked like she was writing out scripts for it, so I'm guessing it will be a video series rather than a book. A short course would make sense, becuase she had listed out a lot of topics.

dddddaaa1

Yea my friends and I have all applied for PhDs in the biology/biomedical field this year and those of us without significant lab experience were rejected before interview. Even if she ends up doing something data based you still need an interest in the research and the ‘unknown’ aspect of it whereas holly just seems to thrive off of memorising facts (like she has done for the past 5+ years); at PhD level that is literally one of the least important attributes
maybe that's the only side of holly we see because she focuses her videos on that side of stuff