Holly Gabrielle #3 Spends hours in class and eats only grass

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a fan of her latest video title 'how to study for long hours without breaks' - I don't really think she should be normalising this to her young and impressionable viewers.
I dont want to watch it but does she explain why this is necessary or even sensible? I can see getting so absorbed on something that a few hours pass without you really noticing, but forcing yourself to study for hours and hours seems counterproductive.

Reactions: 15
This bullshit is getting so stupid. Waiting for the videos "How to ruin you mental health, body and life most effectively #productivitycult".

• Heart
Reactions: 27
whilst I think that it’s good she did actually take her health a bit seriously for once, the hospital she visited has high COVID cases as it’s near enough to London it likely has the new strain too. Could she not have gone to a pharmacy?

This bullshit is getting so stupid. Waiting for the videos "How to ruin you mental health, body and life most effectively #productivitycult".
Agree 100% and I also wonder how many people are truly helped by these "productivity" tips and videos, and not given a false sense of accomplishment after watching someone else do the work...

After a long day of doing my work the last thing I wanna do is watch videos of other people doing their 15 hour study sessions and the same old repackaged sketchy tips on "productivity"

Reactions: 10
Anyone else genuinely worry about her and Ruby Granger for how much they obsess over productivity and self control, I wish someone would tell them they are doing enough and deserve to enjoy themselves and their lives, I feel like they think they will lose followers or engagement because they have built their brands around productivity

Reactions: 14
There's some great productivity YouTubers, but the Studytube girls (Holly, Jade, Ruby and Eve I mean) can take a hike. Not impressed with their tit overall of late - i.e promoting an unhealthy lifestyle.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
There's some great productivity YouTubers, but the Studytube girls (Holly, Jade, Ruby and Eve I mean) can take a hike. Not impressed with their tit overall of late - i.e promoting an unhealthy lifestyle.
Do you have any suggestions? The only studytubers I still like and follow are Elena Handtrack and Paige Y but I've just graduated so their content is a bit less relevant now.

Reactions: 7
Do you have any suggestions? The only studytubers I still like and follow are Elena Handtrack and Paige Y but I've just graduated so their content is a bit less relevant now.
Nayna Florence and Moya Mawhinney have a good balance of uni stuff and real life without being super unhealthily productive all the time

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes! Matt D'Avella and Ali Abdaal are 2 personal favourites!

Reactions: 2
Thomas Frank is my personal favourite . He has even published a book that can be downloaded for free called ‘ better grades in less time’ if I recall correctly.

i've been watching a lot of studyquill's videos these days. i really like her content - relaxing and well produced haha

Reactions: 9
I think the only bearable studytuber at the moment is Lydia Violeta (not a fan of Nayna myself but not because she's doing anything questionable, just find her a bit too mellow and Jess2014 for my taste). PaigeY is great though she's graduated but she's also studying for her actuarial exams I think.

Reactions: 10
I think the only bearable studytuber at the moment is Lydia Violeta (not a fan of Nayna myself but not because she's doing anything questionable, just find her a bit too mellow and Jess2014 for my taste). PaigeY is great though she's graduated but she's also studying for her actuarial exams I think.
My thing with Lydia is she says "however" a million times in each video 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes! Matt D'Avella and Ali Abdaal are 2 personal favourites!
Had to resist the urge to grab my stuff and run. :D I haaaaaaate Ali Abdaal's content (liked him initially). I sometimes feel like, he developed from a relatable studytuber in a more "male" way than our favorite females (Holly, Ruby, Jade, Eve) by not internalizing the pressure or whatever, but building a blown up, smug, guru-like, know-it-all, expert persona around it. And the question in my head remains: "Who the frick are you? You came from money and you did well in your medicine studies. But why would you coach me how to invest my money based on your example?!?!!?".

But that's - of course - another thread and just a personal preference. Sorry for the off-topic rant. :D

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Had to resist the urge to grab my stuff and run. :D I haaaaaaate Ali Abdaal's content (liked him initially). I sometimes feel like, he developed from a relatable studytuber in a more "male" way than our favorite females (Holly, Ruby, Jade, Eve) by not internalizing the pressure or whatever, but building a blown up, smug, guru-like, know-it-all, expert persona around it. And the question in my head remains: "Who the frick are you? You came from money and you did well in your medicine studies. But why would you coach me how to invest my money based on your example?!?!!?".

But that's - of course - another thread and just a personal preference. Sorry for the off-topic rant. :D
I guess I like him because I come from a household of doctors aha! & I went to private school, so yeah, so glad I'm not a YouTuber - I'd relate to Ali and no one else! 😂 Like you said, personal preference, but his vlogs are the style I like. I don't like his content on money - like you said, who asked for your yearly salary and investment tips?

Reactions: 1
I really wonder what her next step will be. If she's aiming for a PhD, most of them will be interviewing now or over the next few months.

Reactions: 4

I guess I like him because I come from a household of doctors aha! & I went to private school, so yeah, so glad I'm not a YouTuber - I'd relate to Ali and no one else! 😂 Like you said, personal preference, but his vlogs are the style I like. I don't like his content on money - like you said, who asked for your yearly salary and investment tips?
there's a whole thread on ali if you're interested! :)

I'm enjoying MDProspect's pomodoros atm if anyone wants a pomodoro/study with me timer

Reactions: 3
I really wonder what her next step will be. If she's aiming for a PhD, most of them will be interviewing now or over the next few months.
I always felt that her MA course choice was more based in trying to do the research into justifying her lifestyle choices than a genuine interest - the only thing she’s really talked about with any enthusiasm was the lifestyle factors aspect of the course, and not much else, and she’s said often that she doesn’t like labs. I knew someone who took a Masters in Counselling Psychology and from what they said, it seemed like practically everyone was taking the course as a way of exploring their own issues rather than because they had a genuine interest in doing that as a career. Holly’s indecision over her course felt similar.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.