Holly Gabrielle #3 Spends hours in class and eats only grass

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know if there is a term for it but Emily seems to like the label or attention with having something 'wrong' with her if its not acne, its hormonal issues, gut health problems or being extremely hairy! Then she likes to claim everything is cured and magical due to her vegan natural chemical free diet and some crazy expensive supplement or product. I don't know how these people manage in the real world, i guess they must just surround themselves with health obsessed privileged people. They need to go on some sort of life swap programme swap with a hardworking working class family on poverty line
Every average vloger in 2015

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This is so concerning. I imagine her circulation and electrolytes must be really wack. I hope this will be a wake up call but after the Australia running incident I sadly suspect not :/ I know she's an adult but her parents have really failed her by not getting her help when she was still a child or at least trying to stage an intervention now she's an adult.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 13
This is so concerning. I imagine her circulation and electrolytes must be really wack. I hope this will be a wake up call but after the Australia running incident I sadly suspect not :/ I know she's an adult but her parents have really failed her by not getting her help when she was still a child or at least trying to stage an intervention now she's an adult.
Also find the wording very strange, to check that there was nothing "majorly wrong"?! Like a little wrong is okay and can be ignored? She has actually demonstrated many times that she doesn't give an f*** about her body showing her that there is something very seriously wrong. Sorry, but maaaaaajor ED red flags here again, reacting to pressure by her surroundings, but playing it down instantly.

Edit: Also, it's not your hands causing you problems, but your disordered eating and your denial about it, numbnut. Also you weren't reluctant because of COVID, but because you're so deep into your eating disorder.

Edit: Get you smug-face of the internet and get help, for god's sake!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Also find the wording very strange, to check that there was nothing "majorly wrong"?! Like a little wrong is okay and can be ignored? She has actually demonstrated many times that she doesn't give an f*** about her body showing her that there is something very seriously wrong. Sorry, but maaaaaajor ED red flags here again, reacting to pressure by her surroundings, but playing it down instantly.

Edit: Also, it's not your hands causing you problems, but your disordered eating and your denial about it, numbnut. Also you weren't reluctant because of COVID, but because you're so deep into your eating disorder.
As someone who has struggled with this in the past, Holly is probably getting worse. Personally, her videos have been triggering me a lot when they never used to, and I'm actually doing better now than I was before.
I can't understand how her parents are this stupid and uninvolved. She could harm herself permanently. Probably already has. She needs to be committed against her will or something.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I completely see that Holly might be curating heavily what she publishes online, but I’m slightly blown away that this sort of thing wouldn’t get picked up in a medical environment. I don’t see how someone like Holly wouldn’t be asked some very pertinent questions if she had been referred to A&E, even given the current situation. Equally, you’d think that being referred to A&E would be a bit of a wake-up call, if not for Holly herself then for her family - there does come a point and an age where you have to realise that someone’s doing serious and possibly irreversible damage. It’s such a sad situation and it’s kind of sick really that there are so many people online supporting these behaviours.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I still can't believe Emily got into cambridge and passed the degree to be honest. She doesn't come across as very bright at all, much of the anti-science stuff she comes out with genuinely scared me. Guess it shows you can buy your way into a good uni (through living in an expensive area with good schools etc)
I believe Emily did a geography degree, which is one of the easier courses to get into at Cambridge (almost half of applicants receive an offer)

• Wow
As someone who has struggled with this in the past, Holly is probably getting worse. Personally, her videos have been triggering me a lot when they never used to, and I'm actually doing better now than I was before.
I can't understand how her parents are this stupid and uninvolved. She could harm herself permanently. Probably already has. She needs to be committed against her will or something.
First of all: I'm happy to hear that you're doing better. :) I also struggled with disordered eating in the past and find myself very triggered by her content.

Not that I think that we can actually judge her situation or the family, but I don't think that a inpatient-treatment against her will would be possible given her "okayish" condition and actually help if it's not going along with serious therapy, raising her awareness and tackling the roots of her problems going way back. Often inpatient treatments for eating disorders are a last resort for seriously underweight patients and are not effective in the long run since they primarily focus on gaining weight, which is often quickly lost again after leaving the treatment facility. She is so much in denial that I (personally) think the only starting point would be a therapy, slowly uncovering all her other issues and hopefully encouraging her to tackle the eating disorder as well. But I think this needs a much more solid foundation, given her long and complicated relation to food.

Edit: I think it was just a huge missed opportunity that her full-blown eating disorder wasn't treated professionaly when it first occured. I can imagine how this judgement came along, that she seemed to be getting better on her own (even slowly, but with EDs you grab every little straw), but it just had so much more time to manifest because of it.

Reactions: 9
I completely see that Holly might be curating heavily what she publishes online, but I’m slightly blown away that this sort of thing wouldn’t get picked up in a medical environment. I don’t see how someone like Holly wouldn’t be asked some very pertinent questions if she had been referred to A&E, even given the current situation. Equally, you’d think that being referred to A&E would be a bit of a wake-up call, if not for Holly herself then for her family - there does come a point and an age where you have to realise that someone’s doing serious and possibly irreversible damage. It’s such a sad situation and it’s kind of sick really that there are so many people online supporting these behaviours.
I think I've said before but I was in A&E recently and I have anorexia (recovered) so a bit below the weight expected of someone my height, and they didn't say anything about it. I hadn't eaten a lot that day and when they asked how I was eating I was honest. I get the feeling that unless it's life threatening, they're just treating you and sending you on your way, but I could be wrong. And maybe they did drill her about it and she's just not mentioned it

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I am practically shaking with rage. Knowing people who work in A and E (especially now...) WTF did she go there?! And if you "aren't sure" if it is serious, you call and ask beforehand and they advise you..... she is just wasting people's (much needed, overstretched) time. I am so angry.

Reactions: 4
I am practically shaking with rage. Knowing people who work in A and E (especially now...) WTF did she go there?! And if you "aren't sure" if it is serious, you call and ask beforehand and they advise you..... she is just wasting people's (much needed, overstretched) time. I am so angry.
Sounds like maybe 111 told her to go to A&E because she did say she was given advice to go. Whether it was 111/her GP or just her mum, I doubt she'll say. Such an attention seeking thing to mention going to A&E in the first place and then wait 2 days to update people.

Reactions: 10
Sounds like maybe 111 told her to go to A&E because she did say she was given advice to go. Whether it was 111/her GP or just her mum, I doubt she'll say. Such an attention seeking thing to mention going to A&E in the first place and then wait 2 days to update people.
She’s 100% gonna make a click bait video out of it

Reactions: 9
I’m sorry if I’m being stupid or naive but what can be wrong with your hands that you have to go to the A&E during a pandemic instead of the GP? 😅

maybe i am naive... but if you are urgent to go... do you post on IG?

Reactions: 3
As a family who dont believe in antibiotics, birth control or treating their mental ill child it baffles me why theyd consider red hands major concern to visit a & e during pandemic!

Reactions: 17
maybe i am naive... but if you are urgent to go... do you post on IG?
You don't if you're a normal person, no. Think I said before though when I was in A&E recently, there was people who'd been sent by 111 and you're kinda thinking... Um, this could maybe wait? Your country is in a lockdown? Do we watch the same news channels?

She's a bizarre girl, really

As a family who dont believe in antibiotics, birth control or treating their mental ill child it baffles me why theyd consider red hands major concern to visit a & e during pandemic!
We don't know if it's red hands or if it's something else wrong with her hands because she's been SO. CRYPTIC. God study tubers are unbearable

• Heart
Reactions: 10
majorly serious you mean like your ed which is life damaging but you dont seek help for that. ' the other day' seems cryptic too, i wonder if the doctors gave Holly some home truths which she couldnt bare

Reactions: 7
Oh dear. I was concerned the other day with her last IG post; it looked like a catalogue of body-checking, and her receding hairline was really shocking.

I think she needs to put the masters on pause, get some help and get out of that house.

Reactions: 13
She was advised to go so personally I don’t think she was wasting anyone’s time by being there. For a medical professional to advise her to go, I’m sure there must have been concern. If it was a medical professional - she hasn’t specified.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh dear. I was concerned the other day with her last IG post; it looked like a catalogue of body-checking, and her receding hairline was really shocking.

I think she needs to put the masters on pause, get some help and get out of that house.
Her thumbnail on her latest video seems concerning as well to me.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.