Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bublifuk

really can't be bothered to watch her new video (same content, different day:rolleyes:) - does she have anything interesting to say?
No worries, I got you.

Her new video is Holly challenging herself to work in bed the entire day. She watches her lectures while lying flat on her back and contemplates how the level of comfort is not the same as during sleeping ("Am I making sense?" No, Holly, you're not.) To spice things up, Holly bought a new toy laptop stand to try in bed.

It follows a segment where she talks about her bed and pillows, because that's the content everyone's just dying to see right? Her bed is 16 years old, in case you've ever wondered. She kindly tells the single bed haters who have referred to her bed as a 'cot' to eff off! :rolleyes: 🤚 As any normal adult she proceeds to do a somersault in her cot. Holly is feeling risqué today, so she brought food with her upstairs against the will of her mother (Who is she? I don't even recognize her anymore!). She reassures her audience (and mum) that she did indeed not spill anything onto her cot ("Mama, I'm a big girl now!").

Channelling her inner Ariana Grande she's switching positions multiple times throughout the video, but complains that she doesn't really like any of them and prefers her one (1) position at her desk (at this point in the video it is still not clear to the viewer why she doesn't just sit at her perfectly fine desk). "What position do we try now," is not something I ever wanted to hear from Holly, but I guess sometimes the battle picks you and not the other way around. Enter: mum. She notes how very strange Holly is. They have a brief conversation about Holly's new toy laptop stand. Mum leaves, Holly explains that she's not really using the laptop stand anymore (oh, to be economically privileged) and that her ass is numb. She goes on a walk with the dogs. It smells like poo.

Back in her cot, Holly attends a seminar. Insert obligatory "I ask intelligent questions in class" clip that every studytuber does. Her lecturer agrees to god knows what Holly said, what a surprise. The rest of the class has no idea how naughty Holly is being, trying all these different positions during class! 🙀 The top of the year Cambridge graduate wonders why her body is aching after sitting on her squishy bed all day. Maybe she should have asked her lecturer that question? For the approximately 50th time, she reminds the viewer that she usually works at her desk and not in bed like those proletarians. Her laptop dies in the middle of her writing an essay that is not actually an essay, because Holly is an idiot (her words). RIP 🙏👼 She finishes the last sentence while standing at her desk, which personally made my blood boil, because after all I came to see Holly work in bed. As always, Holly is ten steps ahead of me and tells me to not come for her. I do it anyway.

Enter: Milka. She joins Holly in the cot because Milka too wants to channel her inner Ariana Grande. Holly tries to seduce her cat by telling her she's sexy. She concludes that she did not like working in bed because she found it restrictive. (Yup, can't make that up.)

---
In all seriousness, how privileged do you have to be to come up with stupid 'challenges' to make your life harder on purpose? As somebody rightfully points out in the comments, "Not everyone has the privilege to own a desk".
It's also worth noting that she showed herself eat nothing but a cup of blueberries (and her usual green smoothie) all day. I hope she just ate off-camera, otherwise that's extremely worrying.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 61

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Another how I ranked first at Cambridge video... snore
Yeah, and what is she doing with it? The 'selling point' would be the amazing job she got afterwards. Like, I'd listen to Eve Cornwell tell me about Law School because it's no accident that she got a Linklaters TC. Holly is sitting in her bedroom eating unseasoned rice and running a part time tutoring business. How is that something to look up to?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Warona

Everytime I see Holly's thumbnails I have to check what day it is, because they are all the same: a food dish, her in a strange pose ready to exercise and her laptop. Seems she is living the Groundhog Day.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

bublifuk

She said she won’t be answering the questions- she’s getting a professional on her channel for an interview sort of thing I think.
I hope it's gonna be Holly Gabrielle, she graduated in Biology from Cambridge at the top of her year and now tutors PhD students! She has a youtube channel, y'all should check her out 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 41

scoobie

VIP Member
I’m sorry if I’m being stupid or naive but what can be wrong with your hands that you have to go to the A&E during a pandemic instead of the GP? 😅
Worst case scenario, swollen hands = blood clots and problems with major organs.

You don’t need to be severely ill to be advised to go to A&E - doctors only need to slightly fear something serious to be duty-bound to rule it out. Also, most GP surgeries are closed on weekends and face-to-face appointments aren’t easy to come by. If it’s 111 she spoke to then they’d have taken this into consideration when advising her!

Seems like an unpopular opinion here but I’m glad she went. It’s about time she started taking her health seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

meweme

IMG_20210129_222407.jpg

Would somebody like to help me out? Didn't know what I expected, but I actually impressed by her open aggressiveness.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

scoobie

VIP Member
I never understand this cop out that all Youtubers do of "YoU OnLy sEe TeN mInUtEs Of mY dAy".

We've seen 10 minutes of your day, 3 times a week, for 4 years. We've seen every red flag, overshare, weird comment and strange behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

CatCafe234

VIP Member
There’s something ever so slightly ironic about buying eco-friendly pens from Amazon because you want to be sustainable.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

DietGossip

VIP Member
Holly will be real annoyed to hear that I got a distinction in my Master's degree while also working part time on a 16 hour contract (which had weeks that were more like double that because there was some shit going on in the company at the time) so she doesn't actually need to do these productive/stressful/intense day in the life videos because you can succeed without being so intense about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

ECH

VIP Member
Sorry but I don't have issues with Holly going for two walks in a day when she's literally not leaving her house other than that and you've got people like Jade who have been to 5 countries in the past year. Holly isn't contributing to the spread.

Reactions: 35

Sukisuki

How to wreck your chances of ever getting employed:

Say the following on the world wide web: "Me and group work never go well."

Source: 12:46

• Haha
  • Angry

CatCafe234

VIP Member
The thing is, it’s not binary. It’s perfectly possible to get a first and also have done lots of other things AND had a life outside of your studies, even at Oxbridge. Holly seems to promote this image that in order to get a first, you have to be like her and study for fifteen hours a day and do nothing else, which is bonkers, unhealthy and not actually correct. She makes such a huge thing about coming top of her year but I’d guess that there wasn’t a lot of clear water between her and the second-ranked person, and it’d be interesting to see whether they shared the same kind of study routine and lifestyle. I’d imagine not.

• Heart

ECH

VIP Member
Can you not see the difference between these two things? Someone going out to exercise alone or with her family close to her house is not bad lmao. Yes it's breaking the rules, but there are scales of badness. I have no issue with someone who isn't interacting with anyone else leaving the house twice in a day.

Reactions: 34

nissigossips

This is such a circular discussion, pretty boring now.

Yes, everyone thinks its fine to go to A&E if 111 advice you to.

But a 22 year old woman posting an attention seeking instagram story in A&E and then going silent (especially in the middle of a pandemic) is ridiculous.

Reactions: 34

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Her reaction to tinder and giving too much information away. She was horrified about it asking for her location. Shockingly most people want to date people that don’t live too far away, it’s not an obscure thing to ask on a dating site.
I have a long-held theory that Holly and her family are actually in Witness Protection and that’s why there‘s nothing in the house. That’s why they were so concerned about sharing their location ...

• Haha
Reactions: 33
For those who haven’t seen, here are the images from her story.

She’s visibly thinner. Like she actually looks super ill. In the second screenshot, her collarbones in the bottom right hand image remind me of Cambridge Holly, like, first year Cambridge Holly. Or at least how she would become visibly thinner during her exam periods.

Genuinely have never been more concerned for this girl.
I literally never comment on these threads but I found those photos Holly posted jarring.
I looked like that before Christmas and I had to move home from uni for my health because I was eating so little and was completely over exercising and to be honest life was torture.
I’m doing better now but it’s hard.
But Holly if you’re reading the PLEASE do something. YOU are in control. Your hair will stop snapping and falling out, you will feel warm, your skin will brighten again, you’ll have energy. You won’t hurt all day long and wish time away. No one will change this for you. But nothing is worth the damage your doing to yourself. The world will wait - people don’t need you to be perfect and nothing will happen if you go at a slower pace for a bit FOR YOURSELF. Please please please do something Holly. If you keep going the way you are you won’t be able to keep up everything that your doing.
Be honest with yourself.
Elzani Singleton’s video documenting her hospital stay inspired me to change my life and I recommend you watch it.
From one exercise-loving vegan student to another - there is a better way.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

hpprotego

Chatty Member
Are you in England? Its been made so clear that in lockdown you should only exercise outside once.

Yes Jade is awful. But this is bad too. Especially since Holly has a huge garden. She doesnt need to do it. Shes just selfish.
Hey sorry! I’m currently in South West London, just outside of London, in a similar area to where Holly lives (surrounded by a few country roads and fields). I go on 2 walks a day, one in the morning before I work, and one with my family. We see *nobody*. I’m not usually one to defend Holly, but she literally is walking through the middle of no where, and sees no-one.

You cannot compare Holly, who hasn’t seen anyone apart from family in the last 3/4 months, to Jade, who has been travelling non-essentially travelling the globe. Not trying to sound rude here but let’s not get at Holly for walking in the middle of nowhere.

This is why its so unfair on those in poverty, living in cramped flats, they have no indoor or outdoor space to exercise. Yet Holly is extremely fortunate to live in a large home with plenty of outdoor space, her own spin bike and various other workout equipment with space to use.
And Holly staying inside and not going on 2 walks, locally, around deserted fields, is going to solve poverty how?????

Reactions: 32