Holly Gabrielle #3 Spends hours in class and eats only grass

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was advised to go so personally I don’t think she was wasting anyone’s time by being there. For a medical professional to advise her to go, I’m sure there must have been concern. If it was a medical professional - she hasn’t specified.
I am sorry but... I do not believe she was advised to go by anyone in the NHS.... weekends in hospitals are insane anyway even before COVID, no one who works in one would advise you to go unless you are SEVERELY ill. I think she just googled it/asked a friend who isn't an expert. No way this was advised by an expert. This makes me really angry.

Reactions: 2
I’m sorry if I’m being stupid or naive but what can be wrong with your hands that you have to go to the A&E during a pandemic instead of the GP? 😅
Worst case scenario, swollen hands = blood clots and problems with major organs.

You don’t need to be severely ill to be advised to go to A&E - doctors only need to slightly fear something serious to be duty-bound to rule it out. Also, most GP surgeries are closed on weekends and face-to-face appointments aren’t easy to come by. If it’s 111 she spoke to then they’d have taken this into consideration when advising her!

Seems like an unpopular opinion here but I’m glad she went. It’s about time she started taking her health seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Worst case scenario, swollen hands = blood clots and problems with major organs.

You don’t need to be severely ill to be advised to go to A&E - doctors only need to slightly fear something serious to be duty-bound to rule it out. Also, most GP surgeries are closed on weekends and face-to-face appointments aren’t easy to come by. If it’s 111 she spoke to then they’d have taken this into consideration when advising her!

Seems like an unpopular opinion here but I’m glad she went. It’s about time she started taking her health seriously.
In the current situation you really do need to be severely ill, although maybe it is dependent on where you are.... my mum had a blood clot, which ended up being almost fatal, and she (even in her past medical experience) was advised not to go to Aand E.. My dad ended up driving her there, thank god, but.... if it is urgent, you wouldn't just be instagramming from the ward. They don't want anyone just sitting in A and E at the moment

Reactions: 2
I’m glad she went but I don’t like the way she’s posting about it. I’m also not sure how she can keep posting about her health issues and injuries still have this cognitive dissonance about the link between what’s happening and how she’s living. Honestly, I don’t know Holly and outside of Tattle, how she lives is really none of my business - if she wants to live like that, that’s her right. But what I do feel uneasy with is her advertising her lifestyle through YouTube etc, to an audience that’s most likely younger and who don’t see that what she’s doing is problematic. There’s a much bigger problem that Holly’s just a small part of.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m glad she went but I don’t like the way she’s posting about it. I’m also not sure how she can keep posting about her health issues and injuries still have this cognitive dissonance about the link between what’s happening and how she’s living. Honestly, I don’t know Holly and outside of Tattle, how she lives is really none of my business - if she wants to live like that, that’s her right. But what I do feel uneasy with is her advertising her lifestyle through YouTube etc, to an audience that’s most likely younger and who don’t see that what she’s doing is problematic. There’s a much bigger problem that Holly’s just a small part of.
yup, as much as I am not a fan of the posting on social media, if that's what it takes for her not to ignore medical advice/common sense practice (i.e. if you're injured, stop exercising) then I'll gladly let that pass instead of posting how issues are never serious enough

Reactions: 8

I agree, especially with her track record of ingnoring past injuries and illnesses to the point were more serious action has to be taken (this is already a problem with the pandemic, early signs aren't being picked up in routine appointments, so unfortunately a&e is becoming busier). With her scabby hands there's also the risk of infection, and possibly septicemia.

Reactions: 7
As a family who dont believe in antibiotics, birth control or treating their mental ill child it baffles me why theyd consider red hands major concern to visit a & e during pandemic!
i think the 'i went to A&E because of my hands' is a blatant lie, it was probably her mental health or something severe with her body, perhaps something like what happened in australia

• Wow
Reactions: 12
i think the 'i went to A&E because of my hands' is a blatant lie, it was probably her mental health or something severe with her body, perhaps something like what happened in australia
I know her and her family have consistently said it’s Raynaud's but surely something drastic would’ve happened for A&E to be an option for her hands?

Either something really bad with her skin- like it cracking and becoming infected? Or something with her circulation (but even with circulation there’s nothing you can do other than wait it out). So I really don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I've been recommended to go to A&E a couple of times by 111 despite not thinking it was that serious and only really ringing to get advice! If I rang and they told me to go to hospital I probably would - if it's bad enough to ring to ask for advice, you should take that advice

Reactions: 11
I know her and her family have consistently said it’s Raynaud's but surely something drastic would’ve happened for A&E to be an option for her hands?

Either something really bad with her skin- like it cracking and becoming infected? Or something with her circulation (but even with circulation there’s nothing you can do other than wait it out). So I really don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️
Just surmising, but I’d imagine that if you reported something like numbness, tingling or pain, or severe discolouration and/or coldness, then you might get pointed to A&E. They can be symptoms of Raynaud’s (my mum has it) but can be other things too, which can be serious.

Reactions: 10
Long term lurker but figured I’d post after the whole A&E thing. As others have said if she rang 111 it’s more than possible that she was advised to go to A&E - especially if she wasn’t assessed by a clinician following the initial contact.

Depending what time though, I wouldn’t be surprised if she end up in walk in, rather than A&E. Lots of people use it interchangeably and it sounds more exciting to say A&E 😂

Reactions: 5
Long term lurker but figured I’d post after the whole A&E thing. As others have said if she rang 111 it’s more than possible that she was advised to go to A&E - especially if she wasn’t assessed by a clinician following the initial contact.

Depending what time though, I wouldn’t be surprised if she end up in walk in, rather than A&E. Lots of people use it interchangeably and it sounds more exciting to say A&E 😂
Her story was a hospital which I’ve visited before in Dartford- so defo A&E!

Reactions: 1
I found it problematic that she posted the story, one because of attention seeking, but also two: there were people in that photo. Even if you can't see their faces clearly, it's still a huge invasion of privacy.

I heard it took one of her tutors quitting for this happen...
Oooh any gossip about this? 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just surmising, but I’d imagine that if you reported something like numbness, tingling or pain, or severe discolouration and/or coldness, then you might get pointed to A&E. They can be symptoms of Raynaud’s (my mum has it) but can be other things too, which can be serious.
Yeah, I've been sent to A&E for losing feeling in some of my fingers before. Mine was just a result of some chronic joint problems I have, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like that caused Holly to go.

Reactions: 5
so off-topic right now, but does holly have a manager/management?
I dont think she does, that would be giving too much control to someone else who may allow the comments that are actual concerns about Hollys health to stay on her videos not get automatically deleted

Her website says 'At the moment I take all responsibilities in my own hands, balancing my work online and offline, therefore unfortunately I cannot reply to all messages that I receive. I will read them all and, of course, try to reply, however please do know that I am incredibly grateful for everything that comes my way. So for sure, do not hesitate to reach out to me! '

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I'm super interested now as to the story behind the tutor who quit as well as generally how she organizes her tutoring company. I personally would not want to work for a company founded by an influencer which has their name in the company name (which sounds like crap) 😂 I wonder what the tutors' cut from the price is and what Holly's is as well as what it generally is like working wit her

Reactions: 20
Not a fan of her latest video title 'how to study for long hours without breaks' - I don't really think she should be normalising this to her young and impressionable viewers.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.