Holly Gabrielle #3 Spends hours in class and eats only grass

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread number 3 guys! Thanks to me (lol) for the thread title (it was democratically voted for, no dictatorships here).

Recap of the last thread:
  • Holly started her Masters in cancer at UCL
  • Has dropped hints coming into the new year that she is looking to find a therapist 🎉
  • The food is as bland as ever
  • Their family house FINALLY got a sofa and living room, which Holly's used to watch one Netflix series
  • Uploaded a very toxic video talking about how she "broke the habit" of binge eating oats. Deleted the video after a day.
  • After the above video she apologised if it triggered anybody but maintined if viewers don't like her content they can simply not watch her videos
Feel free to expand on the recap below

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Thread number 3 guys! Thanks to me (lol) for the thread title (it was democratically voted for, no dictatorships here).

Recap of the last thread:
  • Holly started her Masters in cancer at UCL
  • Has dropped hints coming into the new year that she is looking to find a therapist 🎉
  • The food is as bland as ever
  • Their family house FINALLY got a sofa and living room, which Holly's used to watch one Netflix series
  • Uploaded a very toxic video talking about how she "broke the habit" of binge eating oats. Deleted the video after a day.
  • After the above video she apologised if it triggered anybody but maintined if viewers don't like her content they can simply not watch her videos
Feel free to expand on the recap below
Minor point, but which I found shocking, has never watched a TV series

Reactions: 8
Clearly Holly had a very unusual Uni experience, we loved to binge watch a box set or even daytime telly when i was at Uni

Reactions: 11
Screenshot_20210115-234711_YouTube.jpg

No hate on Holly's looks (she has nice clear skin!), but is this just her hairline or was the bald patch above her ear caused by the hair falling out because of the lack of nutrients (in case she has an ED)?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
View attachment 386056
No hate on Holly's looks (she has nice clear skin!), but is this just her hairline or was the bald patch above her ear caused by the hair falling out because of the lack of nutrients (in case she has an ED)?
I don't like commenting on her appearance but I randomly noticed in her most recent insta post in the supermarket, the second photo she's raising her eyebrows and her forehead is SO wrinkled. I'm 2 years younger than her and my forehead is no where near as wrinkly when I raise my eyebrows loads. Her malnourishment is really showing in so many ways, her skin is aging and losing elasticity so quickly, and she's only 23. If she keeps this up and doesn't get help she's going to look about 20 years older than she actually is.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Some people also lose hair when they are stressed. There's no denying that Holly places huge pressure on herself to achieve.

Reactions: 11
I've experiences hair loss due to both anorexia and stress, but I lost it evenly troughout my hair, so not bald spots or receding hairline. But I guess everyone's different? Are we sure Holly's losing hair, though? It could be that she's always had that type of hair line, even though it looks abnormal, for a lack of a better word?

Reactions: 1
I think her hair has been that way for a long time to be honest.

Another note- she has all these photos from 2013-16 still up on her Instagram when she’s said she was struggling most with her weight....

1. There are some pretty unhealthy photos still up on Instagram.

2. Some of the photos seem as if Holly has barely gained any weight? Isn’t recovery literally about restoring your body? Not just about shovelling food into your mouth (that is lower calorie than a veggie diet). The first photo attached is from like 2014 I think? Her weight hasn’t changed???

3. She almost looked her worst around 2018- so her second year at uni? She looks very thin in the second attached photo. If she had been in recovery for 2 years I don’t see how that’s a healthy recovered person???

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
This is from a video in September 2016. Perhaps it’s just her hairline. The more recent photo does look quite severe but it could just be the angle.

BAEE7947-2AFD-4D9E-98DD-C11A257ED25A.jpeg

Reactions: 3
2. Some of the photos seem as if Holly has barely gained any weight? Isn’t recovery literally about restoring your body? Not just about shovelling food into your mouth (that is lower calorie than a veggie diet). The first photo attached is from like 2014 I think? Her weight hasn’t changed???

3. She almost looked her worst around 2018- so her second year at uni? She looks very thin in the second attached photo. If she had been in recovery for 2 years I don’t see how that’s a healthy recovered person???
As a psychology student and person that experienced disorderd eating in the past: I think weight is actually difficult factor to judge a persons' ED or recovery thereof. Although weight gain can and must sometimes be an important part of recovery (if someone is underweight to a dangerous degree), recovery is only possible if thoughts, emotions and habits change and I think they only should be considered together with a heavy emphasis on the psychological factors. Diagnostic weight criteriums for ED are also widely discussed in the scientific community. So I would actually prefer to not discuss her weight or looks - but that's just my preference of course.

(Judging by her vlogs you can also quite clearly challenge her claims to have recovered. But also this is quite sensitive to me. I think that's not our position to judge. She definitely portrays behaviours that seem to need professional attention - her history so far (if she recovered, what are exactly her mental health problems etc.) I can't and don't want to judge.)

Reactions: 12
(Judging by her vlogs you can also quite clearly challenge her claims to have recovered. But also this is quite sensitive to me. I think that's not our position to judge. She definitely portrays behaviours that seem to need professional attention - her history so far (if she recovered, what are exactly her mental health problems etc.) I can't and don't want to judge.)
I cannot emphasize this enough, is it really our place to judge her if she is struggling? If she is struggling though, I do hope that she gets the help she needs - I think we can all agree on that.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Well, on the other hand she is promoting an unhealthy diet (and lifestyle, arguably) to her viewers, many whom are children. Holly and her sister were themselves victims of this in the past, when they watched youtubers who were Rawtill4 and fruitarians.

Not really disagreeing with anyone, but regaining weight is an extremely important part of anorexia recovery, because being underweight directly affects your cognition. It literally reduces your brain volume. So being underweight feeds your eating disorder further, if that makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
As a psychology student and person that experienced disorderd eating in the past: I think weight is actually difficult factor to judge a persons' ED or recovery thereof. Although weight gain can and must sometimes be an important part of recovery (if someone is underweight to a dangerous degree), recovery is only possible if thoughts, emotions and habits change and I think they only should be considered together with a heavy emphasis on the psychological factors. Diagnostic weight criteriums for ED are also widely discussed in the scientific community. So I would actually prefer to not discuss her weight or looks - but that's just my preference of course.

I’ve also struggled with eating and have had to go in and out of therapy for the past couple of years- so agree with you here! My post was more to indicate the fact she really just doesn’t look healthy (the 2018 Instagram post). I get weight doesn’t define eating disorders, and people can present outwardly very differently!!

I do however think that combined with her videos and what we have seen behaviour wise, it confuses me that Holly rarely ever mentions ‘body positivity’ or just simply being confident in your own skin. I think she’s rather the opposite- very self conscious and not particularly kind to herself (mainly mentally). I just don’t think she can label herself as recovered when as I mentioned 1. Her weight really is never changing, which any normal persons body would be fluctuating weight wise, and 2. That her mental capacity to talk about recovery and change has dwindled significantly since she ‘recovered’ in 2016.

*she doesn’t have to always address recovery or whatever, but I would’ve thought as someone who’s content literally embodies being vegan she would mention some form of positive relationship with her body more often.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think sometimes when people are unhealthy they do need a bit of a push to realise they need to do something about it and seek help. You can't sugarcoat everything.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.