Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just realised I made a mistake booking my flight and had to pay £75 to change it 😭 and just picked up 7 extra weekend days at work to pay for my holiday, probably regret each one when it comes to doing them!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I've officially booked Las Vegas for the late spring now. Excited to go back. We wanted to visit for our 30ths but covid made that impossible so it will be a bit delayed.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We're going to a place in the Italian Lakes that belongs to my fiance's cousin. In a tiny village where no one speaks english. About 30 minutes from Lake Como, it is absolute heaven.

We have just come back from ten days in Mauritius… wouldn’t necessarily go back but nice for some sun and covid wise the requirements weren’t ridiculous.

I know some people are waiting till things go back to ‘normal’ but I honestly don’t think they ever will or certainly not anytime soon so I say get your holidays booked! ☀☀☀

We also have weddings in Seville and Italy in June and August as well as our own wedding in November so it’s going to be an expensive year 😭 though I suppose there’s worse problems to have!
Out of interest, why wouldn't you go back?

Has anyone here been to Cuba? in 2019 me and my partner travelled to Guardalavaca, we had a lovely time but wouldn't go back, when we talk to people about it who have also been they say they would love to go back, just seems like its only us that wouldn't haha, not to mention I got bitten to bits by mosquitos and got ill from it. Just wanted to see what your personal thoughts are on it? or any other part of Cuba ?
I adored Cuba. We went to Havana and Cayo Coco. We knew going in it was rough around the edges and the hotel's not to the same standard as the rest of the Caribbean. That rustic feel was part of the charm for me. I think if you went in expecting it to be like the rest of the Caribbean, you'd be disappointed.

The people were so lovely and we really went exploring. Havana is a city like no other.

Has anyone ever been to Costa Rica? Thoughts?

Looking at honeymoons for next July- also thinking Dubai & Bali (one trip). Anyone have any other recommendations??! Thanks!!
It's on my bucket list. I want to do Arenal, the cloud forest and then end with a week or so on the beach.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
That's weird.... so are Italians getting jabbed every 6 months?
I’ve read that they are reconsidering… as like people say it’s not sustainable, but they may bring the rule back if the EU eventually recommends a 4th jab! Still says 180 days on our gov website though

Looking at booking rhodes for June.

Hoping they might remove testing requirement by then 🤞🏻

Looking at booking rhodes for June.

Hoping they might remove testing requirement by then 🤞🏻
I was looking at Rhodes for June as well. I like a mixture of sun, sea and history in my summer trips. I don't know whether to do Rhodes or Sicily or maybe Athens and get the ferry to another island.

I was looking at Rhodes for June as well. I like a mixture of sun, sea and history in my summer trips. I don't know whether to do Rhodes or Sicily or maybe Athens and get the ferry to another island.
I've just booked Sicily for March, so excited I've been making a list of all the foods I want to try! 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We went ahead and booked it 😬😬😬

Haven't had a holiday since October 2018 so I can wait

We are going to Cornwall for Easter and York in August. Not wanting to risk abroad just yet.

Reactions: 1
Booked Gibraltar/Spain trip yesterday to see family out there. Can’t wait! Will be our 2 year old’s first trip abroad. Any tips for keeping toddlers entertained on planes welcome!

• Heart
We have just arrived home on Saturday from Thailand, was absolutely amazing.
Ooh I love Thailand. The test requirements make me nervous to go back atm. Whereabouts did you stay?

would you mind sharing whereabouts you went and is there anywhere in particular you would recommend?
I am not the OP but my personal favourite part of Thailand was Krabi. We only stayed 4 nights in Ao Nang but it was amazing, the cliffs and beaches are just gorgeous. We visited Railay one day which is beautiful and went out on a boat one evening and got to do sea swimming, kayaking, scuba to look at the coral. Also absolutely adored Chiang Mai too, not to be missed in my opinion.

We were hoping to go to New York in May but my daughter is only 9 so isn't vaccinated so cannot go in any indoor places restaurants, attractions etc. It doesn't apply to all of America but does in New York at present. In America they vaccinate over 5s altho it only got rolled out in November.. So even for people living in NY.. with young kids it will be difficult for a while.

More on topic we have a week booked in Cornwall in June and have a week booked off work in September but no firm plans of where we want to go yet. But will be somewhere in England as i don't fly!!
tonight we have booked September holiday!! In June we are s self catering near mevigissy with dad (who is not too mobile) in September we are back to Cornwall on our own near helston in a B&B and able to do the things we have been too far away to do on our usual Cornish holiday.

would you mind sharing whereabouts you went and is there anywhere in particular you would recommend?
Ooh I love Thailand. The test requirements make me nervous to go back atm. Whereabouts did you stay?

I am not the OP but my personal favourite part of Thailand was Krabi. We only stayed 4 nights in Ao Nang but it was amazing, the cliffs and beaches are just gorgeous. We visited Railay one day which is beautiful and went out on a boat one evening and got to do sea swimming, kayaking, scuba to look at the coral. Also absolutely adored Chiang Mai too, not to be missed in my opinion.
tell us more, let us live through you 😋😄
We usually go every January for 2.5 weeks, and spend 4 days in the north of Thailand, in Chang rai in a small village visiting my partners grandad and his family, we then travel south, about an hour north of Phuket to a place called Khao Lak where we have some friends and we spend 2 weeks there. We obviously haven’t been able to since pre covid so it’s been 2 years. We didn’t visit my partners grandad this time though as it’s too risky with the testing requirements needed. We did however do the 2 weeks in khao lak.

we had been saving since 2020 and it was a once in a lifetime trip as we flew business class and then first class on Qatar which was absolutely out of this world. We managed to get it much cheaper than it normally would be obviously due to people not really travelling. We flew from Heathrow to Doha and then on to Phuket. We were part of the sandbox testing which meant we only had to test when we go there and then again on day5. For the first 7 days we had to stay in a hotel and after that we were able to move to a villa we rent every year to join the rest of the family who had flown out also but on the test and go scheme to Bangkok so their rules were different. The test on day 1 was the worst, we had to stay in the hotel room until we got the results. We did the test around 1pm at the airport and for the results back about 9pm. The hotel room was gorgeous though, we had lots of beers in the fridge courtesy of the hotel, room service, a private pool, a sea view so we saw the sunset, massive bath tub, tv etc so we were able to put the day in tightly but we were starting to get a bit bored and nervous as it grew closer to the time we should have expected our results. If it had been positive we would have had to spend 7days in that room. Thankfully all tests were fine and we were able to go an enjoy our holiday.

we did a sunset cruise, visited an elephant sanctuary (one of the good ones - not one where They get on the elephants), the markets, temples, waterfall, and went out for some food and drinks each night. After 7 days we moved to a villa by the beach and it had a little beach bar/restaurant beside it which we went to everyday for afternoon beers. It was a fantastic trip and very emotional as it was 2 years to get back there and see our friends.

main khao lak is awful right now, so many empty places and the footpaths overgrown. Businesses there are clinging on by a string. But the bang niang area was quite busy and lots open. It was good to go and give some money back to them.

the sunsets in Thailand are just amazing and the skies!Unreal
Thailand really is the most wonderful place on earth. Xx
92D06A07-E0D0-474E-BDB3-76245C248497.jpeg
ED13312E-417B-407F-84A5-F9BFB9845FEC.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
We usually go every January for 2.5 weeks, and spend 4 days in the north of Thailand, in Chang rai in a small village visiting my partners grandad and his family, we then travel south, about an hour north of Phuket to a place called Khao Lak where we have some friends and we spend 2 weeks there. We obviously haven’t been able to since pre covid so it’s been 2 years. We didn’t visit my partners grandad this time though as it’s too risky with the testing requirements needed. We did however do the 2 weeks in khao lak.

we had been saving since 2020 and it was a once in a lifetime trip as we flew business class and then first class on Qatar which was absolutely out of this world. We managed to get it much cheaper than it normally would be obviously due to people not really travelling. We flew from Heathrow to Doha and then on to Phuket. We were part of the sandbox testing which meant we only had to test when we go there and then again on day5. For the first 7 days we had to stay in a hotel and after that we were able to move to a villa we rent every year to join the rest of the family who had flown out also but on the test and go scheme to Bangkok so their rules were different. The test on day 1 was the worst, we had to stay in the hotel room until we got the results. We did the test around 1pm at the airport and for the results back about 9pm. The hotel room was gorgeous though, we had lots of beers in the fridge courtesy of the hotel, room service, a private pool, a sea view so we saw the sunset, massive bath tub, tv etc so we were able to put the day in tightly but we were starting to get a bit bored and nervous as it grew closer to the time we should have expected our results. If it had been positive we would have had to spend 7days in that room. Thankfully all tests were fine and we were able to go an enjoy our holiday.

we did a sunset cruise, visited an elephant sanctuary (one of the good ones - not one where They get on the elephants), the markets, temples, waterfall, and went out for some food and drinks each night. After 7 days we moved to a villa by the beach and it had a little beach bar/restaurant beside it which we went to everyday for afternoon beers. It was a fantastic trip and very emotional as it was 2 years to get back there and see our friends.

main khao lak is awful right now, so many empty places and the footpaths overgrown. Businesses there are clinging on by a string. But the bang niang area was quite busy and lots open. It was good to go and give some money back to them.
Thailand really is the most wonderful place on earth. Xx
thank you so much for sharing, i'm glad everything turned out well with the test and it sounds like you had an amazing time! 💛
do you have any photos of the elephants from the sanctuary, i love elephants 🥺🥺🥺🐘🐘🐘

• Heart
thank you so much for sharing, i'm glad everything turned out well with the test and it sounds like you had an amazing time! 💛
do you have any photos of the elephants from the sanctuary, i love elephants 🥺🥺🥺🐘🐘🐘
Thank you ❤ it was amazing and I feel so recharged now! Back to work today. I have lots more of the elephants but too depressed to go through the photos just yet haha I will do so today and post some more. Magical animals, love them! I got to feed this boy some food Xx
E3180D8F-D0D8-4F47-A9AB-565BC033133A.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.