Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Advise needed please ☺ Looking for all inclusive holiday end of Aug/beginning of sept but unsure of where to go. (Don’t judge I’d be self catering but have one very fussy teen 🙈) I’m thinking it needs to be a Greek island as Spain just too expensive and Turkey will be too hot (daughter is super fair) We did Crete last summer. I’m stuck between Corfu, Rhodes or Zante? Any recommendations welcome ☺

Advise needed please ☺ Looking for all inclusive holiday end of Aug/beginning of sept but unsure of where to go. (Don’t judge I’d be self catering but have one very fussy teen 🙈) I’m thinking it needs to be a Greek island as Spain just too expensive and Turkey will be too hot (daughter is super fair) We did Crete last summer. I’m stuck between Corfu, Rhodes or Zante? Any recommendations welcome ☺
I went to Kos in October and it was lovely!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We went to Cyprus last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. We didn’t do all inclusive but I’m sure there are plenty of hotels there that are

• Heart
Croatia is beautiful! We stayed near Dubrovnik in Lapad - we only did B&B but our hotel seemed to do full board/all inclusive too as did lots of the bigger hotels near by.

I haven't been to Greece myself but Corfu always looked great to me - lots to do.

• Heart
I went to Kos in October and it was lovely!!
Where about in Kos did you go? I’m unsure of which areas are the nicest? Would like to be near bars and a nice beach etc so we can leave hotel when we want a change ☺

Croatia is beautiful! We stayed near Dubrovnik in Lapad - we only did B&B but our hotel seemed to do full board/all inclusive too as did lots of the bigger hotels near by.

I haven't been to Greece myself but Corfu always looked great to me - lots to do.
Thank you for the suggestion ☺ Croatia too expensive unfortunately but always wanted to go x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I went to Kos and Corfu when I was younger. I wouldn’t go back to Corfu, my family say the same and also someone I work with has said that as well. Kos was lovely. Not sure where we stayed as it was quite a long time ago. Rhodes was lovely as well I went in September

Where about in Kos did you go? I’m unsure of which areas are the nicest? Would like to be near bars and a nice beach etc so we can leave hotel when we want a change ☺

Thank you for the suggestion ☺ Croatia too expensive unfortunately but always wanted to go x
We went to Kardamena, it was lovely! Really nice shops, bars and beaches and about a 40 min bus ride to actual Kos town if you like the hustle and bustle!

Those of you who book holidays yourself (hotel and flight separately) forgive my stupidity but how do you book transfers to/from hotel?

Or do you just do that when you’re there? I’ve only ever booked package hols!

Those of you who book holidays yourself (hotel and flight separately) forgive my stupidity but how do you book transfers to/from hotel?

Depends where we go, but Usually hire a car

If you look up airport transfers there are companies that allow you to book them online from the airport to your destination!

• Heart

I used holidaytaxis last time they were great. Also used hoppa before again fine but that time had a little longer wait. Both times were shuttles but they have private options. This time I booked via viator hopefully will be fine it was just on offer so cheaper than the other options so that’s why I went with them also reviews were fine.

• Heart

I find that public transport is fine for me. As a non driver I'll book my hotel on the basis of public transport availability.

Honestly we just have a look and check the busses metro or trains to and from the airport and go from there.

I agree with what the others have mentioned. I have used holidaytaxis before and had good experience.
Depending on where you are going, sometimes a taxi is just as cheap as paying for a transfer. You can also do a one day/one way car hire that allows you to pick up at the airport and drop off in resort (if they have a resort hire office).
Lots of different options but I very rarely book with a Tour Operator and usually like the flexibility and choice of a 'DIY' booking. Trip Advisor and FB have loads of private groups for particular resorts and can give you advise based on first hand experience.

I am currently trying to decide where to book for our 2 holidays this year and I'm going round in circles so would love any recommendations!
It's for me and my partner both in our mid 30. We love a mixture of beach/city so looking for either a twin centre or 2 seperate holidays. We love a good choice of international food, a cosmopolitan city (love Tokyo, Bangkok, Singapore, Berlin) somewhere with a bit of culture. Looking for somewhere within an 8 hour flight of Spain (our first thought is New York for city break) normally we go to Asia but due to covid it's not on our list for this year.

Places we have already been in Europe and would rather avoid as we like to visit new places:

We live in Spain and the UK so that's out
Croatia
Anywhere in the Balkans
Turkey
Zante, Kos, Corfu and Rhodes in Greece
Sorrento and Naples
Amsterdam
Budapest
Berlin, Hamburg, Dusseldorf
Poland
Czech Republic
Belgium
Austria
Lille and Paris
Copenhagen
Lisbon and Algarve
Iceland

I am currently trying to decide where to book for our 2 holidays this year and I'm going round in circles so would love any recommendations!
It's for me and my partner both in our mid 30. We love a mixture of beach/city so looking for either a twin centre or 2 seperate holidays. We love a good choice of international food, a cosmopolitan city (love Tokyo, Bangkok, Singapore, Berlin) somewhere with a bit of culture. Looking for somewhere within an 8 hour flight of Spain (our first thought is New York for city break) normally we go to Asia but due to covid it's not on our list for this year.

Places we have already been in Europe and would rather avoid as we like to visit new places:

We live in Spain and the UK so that's out
Croatia
Anywhere in the Balkans
Turkey
Zante, Kos, Corfu and Rhodes in Greece
Sorrento and Naples
Amsterdam
Budapest
Berlin, Hamburg, Dusseldorf
Poland
Czech Republic
Belgium
Austria
Lille and Paris
Copenhagen
Lisbon and Algarve
Iceland
I absolutely love New York so would 100% vote for there if you're interested. So much to do and the range of food and cuisine is fantastic. Rome is also a fantastic city break, great history and amazing food - you could even pair it with visiting another city like Florence going on the train.

I absolutely love New York so would 100% vote for there if you're interested. So much to do and the range of food and cuisine is fantastic. Rome is also a fantastic city break, great history and amazing food - you could even pair it with visiting another city like Florence going on the train.
New York is my favourite place in the world! 😍 been 5 times and desperate to go back again

• Heart
Reactions: 4
New York is my favourite place in the world! 😍 been 5 times and desperate to go back again
100% agreement. A friend of mine went a while ago and said he was bored by the end of his trip and feels like he's "done" it now. I was in shock! I've only been twice and could easily plan extra trips. I love staying in different parts of the city - we did midtown near Grand Central first and then out in Brooklyn our second trip. I really want to do down near Greenwich Village/Soho next time, that sort of area.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
There’s a few new things since the last time I went like The Edge and The Vessel that I really want to visit. I really need to explore Greenwich village/soho more as I seem to spend a lot of time around midtown, I just love the Times Square area so much, I know it’s bright and trashy and touristy but it just makes me feel like I’m home 😍. I also want to explore more of Central Park as again I always seem to stick to the bottom part lol. I know loads of people don’t get New York, but it just feel magical to me!

If it wasn’t for the fact I now have a puppy and already have two holidays booked this year I would have booked a New York trip! Damn you Ted the miniature schnauzer 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.