Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
If the funeral is on the 19th I will be in Riga, will plan on just watching the funeral either on my laptop in the hotel or find a pub somewhere?? Not sure yet

under the ivy

VIP Member
Has anyone travel to the Balearic Islands recently? Going to Palma with a friend next Monday and wondering what the Covid rules are over there e.g. mask wearing.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
I lived there for almost 5 years, weather will be lovely in Sept. Hot during the day but fresh in the evening 😊
I want to have 2 full days in Madrid and a day trip to Segovia to see the Roman ruins. Do you have any recommendations for Madrid?

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
That's weird.... so are Italians getting jabbed every 6 months?
I’ve read that they are reconsidering… as like people say it’s not sustainable, but they may bring the rule back if the EU eventually recommends a 4th jab! Still says 180 days on our gov website though

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
you don't need a test if you're vaccinated but you need to fill out a traveler entry form 😊
Thank you so much! Do you know if I need to quarantine at all? I also have the NHS Covid QR code on my phone, is this enough to prove I’m vaccinated?

my sister is not vaccinated, do you know how the rules are different for her?

sorry for all the questions 😭 I can’t understand the gov website at all!

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
I am literally here now.

All shops open. Seem to have gear in but I haven’t been fake shopping yet if that’s what you mean but they seem to have everything in from when I’ve walked past.

We always take £££ and change to lira in restaurants or just spend pounds. Everywhere accepts them.

Enjoy your holiday!
Thankyou! You too!

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
How does everyone book their holidays? My holiday booking knowledge doesn’t go beyond TUI/Virgin lol
When booking a package holiday I look on sunmaster and onthebeach, and usually some other sites like holidaysupermarket. Usually though onthebeach or sunmaster are the cheapest and I’ve used them both before and never had an issue

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
I’m annoyed. We couldn’t book it yesterday until our time off work was confirmed. Just crossing our fingers it goes back down again 😕
Try clearing your cookies etc too on the off chance as sometimes they do that so you’ll buy it thinking it’ll go up again when really they’re just taking advantage.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Has anyone here been to Mexico in June before? It’s the start of the “rainy hurricane season” so we were happy to go at the start of the month but all the good hotels are booked up and only available 20th onwards… not sure if it’s worth risking it with the weather. How bad can it really be though? Any help is very appreciated!
Yes the first time we went to Mexico was the first 2 weeks of June and had about 4 days where it rained a loooot in our 2nd week there (like most of the day) and the first day it literally flooded some streets in Playa Del Carmen but we got a lot of really hot days too, we had an absolutely brilliant time so it’s always worth the chance to go then but personally for me I wouldn’t go back in June because of the chance of rain but that’s just my personal preference because we’ve since been to the Caribbean in November and would always pick November-January now! I don’t think it’s hurricane season though, that tends to be September I thought? Xx

Honeystar

VIP Member
Has anyone travelled to Denmark (specifically Copenhagen) recently? We are going next week and as I understand it there are no restrictions in place at all (even for the unvaccinated) does this mean boarding etc will be the same as pre-covid? There’s nothing extra they’ll ask for other than boarding pass and passport? This is our first trip in the new “covid world” so I’m a little stressed about getting it all right! Any help would be greatly appreciated

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
Not much you can do except bring entertainment and snacks for the toddler and be as organised as you can be so you’re not getting stressed on the day.

From you saying you’re panicky now, it sounds like you’re like me and you’ll be dead organised anyway :)
I know, it is what it is. Be worth it when we’re stepping off the plane 😂

Yes I’m proper organised, I’m debating starting packing today. That’s what 3 years of no holiday does to me 🤣🤣

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
We stayed at the Eden resort last Oct half term and absolutely loved it! Was a fantastic family week - all Inc, kids played in pool all week and the food was lush!!! Can’t speak for anything else around as we barely left! Evening entertainment was naff but family fun and the villas were awesome!
I stayed at the Eden Roc in Rhodes earlier this year and loved it! Food was amazing for an all inclusive resort.

I visited before in June/July and hated it, it just felt so tacky and full of stag doos 😞 the pool and the sea was too cold to get in and at night I had to buy a jacket as it was so cold which I didn't expect!
This is where I am going next week, I’m so excited to go to Rhodes 💙

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Why are the delays only being experienced in the UK? And why are they mainly TUI? I agree with the poster who thinks they may go into Administration.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Agree this is a great thread. I love holidays, and love hearing everyone’s plans.

Have also found it useful as well, and picked up some tips.

I am looking at doing a solo cruise (1 st time never been before)
Hubby hates the idea of cruising, and friends aren’t interested either.
As I’ve never been on a cruise before, I was thinking of a mini cruise , maybe 3-4 days from Southampton,to see if I like it!

Can anyone point me in the right direction and suggest something for a cruise virgin.

Also, can I have your recommendations for somewhere central but cheap to stay in Glasgow please.
Friend and I are going for an event and just really want somewhere to lay our heads for two nights. We will be out of the room most of the time.
Thanks muchly.
Premier inn have hotels in Glasgow city centre. One at Buchanan Galleries, one at George Square and one at St Enoch which are all right smack bang in the centre of the city.

Romy

VIP Member
Belfast is good for a short city break. As many have recommended, the Giants Causeway is the most popular tourist attraction in general in N.Ireland so that is worth doing if you want to leave the city.

Many tourists do the black cab tours which go round many of the murals in Belfast. I've heard from others they are meant to be very informative and interesting! The bus tour is also good. There is also the Titanic Museum and Crumlin Road Gaol which are popular attractions.

Belfast has a good selection of restaurants and bars, many with live music, particularly on the weekends and a nice local market which opens on the weekends too. There are also local food and drinks tours which are meant to be great.
I saw a few documentaries/reports on TV last January about Northern Ireland today, because of the Bloody Sunday's anniversary. Very interesting and made me want to visit, but I was astonished how these walls are still there (not only for the murals) and people still feel safer with them, not only walls but sometimes balconies with fences. And that was just the visible part.

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Can anybody recommend a good family resort? Ideally wanting an apartment with a little splash park for the little ones. I’ve looked at Majorca but don’t know where it good to stay as never been before, also looked at Crete and Corfu but can’t find anything nice so I’m hoping people can throw tried and tested apartments my way please!! 🤞🏼

aimz_yeah

Chatty Member
Just seen Dubai (according to emirates website) changed their rules for uk from start of January. Pcr 48 hours prior and needs a qr code on results.

I’ve booked with randox, anyone know if they include a qr code on their pcr?