Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm off to the Maldives in September....postponed from 2020! ....works out very well as it's our 35th Wedding Anniversary when we're there! ....we've pushed the boat out and flying business class with Qatar
We first went to Maldives in 2019 and fell in love with it.....we stayed on a tiny island (Kandolhu) with only 30 villas and felt totally spoiled and felt as if it was our very own private island ....the marine life is amazing and there were several resident turtles on the reef...the water is incredible- so clear and turquoise and warm!
We first went to The Indian Ocean for our 30th Wedding anniversary and went to a couple of the islands in The Seychelles archipelago which were also incredible but I think The Maldives are just so very special and the seaplane arrival is something else!
Omg yes!! This is what im talking about!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm off to the Maldives in September....postponed from 2020! ....works out very well as it's our 35th Wedding Anniversary when we're there! ....we've pushed the boat out and flying business class with Qatar
We first went to Maldives in 2019 and fell in love with it.....we stayed on a tiny island (Kandolhu) with only 30 villas and felt totally spoiled and felt as if it was our very own private island ....the marine life is amazing and there were several resident turtles on the reef...the water is incredible- so clear and turquoise and warm!
We first went to The Indian Ocean for our 30th Wedding anniversary and went to a couple of the islands in The Seychelles archipelago which were also incredible but I think The Maldives are just so very special and the seaplane arrival is something else!
This sounds amazing, hope I can go one day! 😍

Enjoy! I've heard nothing but good things about Kandolhu! I'm off to The Maldives next year on honeymoon. Have been lucky enough to have been before and fiancé was dying to go and I was definitely not saying no to going back and a honeymoon seemed the perfect excuse.

• Heart
Enjoy! I've heard nothing but good things about Kandolhu! I'm off to The Maldives next year on honeymoon. Have been lucky enough to have been before and fiancé was dying to go and I was definitely not saying no to going back and a honeymoon seemed the perfect excuse.
Where are you going?...there are so many islands to choose from it was difficult to narrow it down for us , but we loved the small island vibe and the incredible food!

Anyone know of a nice hotel/pool with a decent pool bar and atmosphere for adult couple in salou Spain.. or even Portugal I don’t mind. Just something that’s not insanely expensive..

I sound like an influencer trying to get a freebie 😂

Where are you going?...there are so many islands to choose from it was difficult to narrow it down for us , but we loved the small island vibe and the incredible food!
We're going to Reethi Faru. I did so much research I could probably write my own travel guide! We didn't have the budget for the top end resorts but wanted a really good VFM island with restaurant choice, good AI package and a great house reef and it hit all of those. I'm also really fussy and refused any Islands with big seawalls and groynes.

My fiancé suggested we go to the Maldives for our honeymoon (not that we've even booked the wedding yet, but we love holidays!) from what I've seen online it looks absolutely gorgeous, but I worry that we'll be bored as neither of us are sun bathers. We like snorkelling, boat trips, wildlife etc, so is there plenty to do to keep us busy?

My fiancé suggested we go to the Maldives for our honeymoon (not that we've even booked the wedding yet, but we love holidays!) from what I've seen online it looks absolutely gorgeous, but I worry that we'll be bored as neither of us are sun bathers. We like snorkelling, boat trips, wildlife etc, so is there plenty to do to keep us busy?
We found there was plenty to keep us occupied....just even walking round the island we stayed on, you'd see so much wildlife it was fascinating. The shoals of fish by the shoreline were incredible and the baby reef tip sharks would swim past you as you paddled in the shallows! Kandolhu had several resident turtles who would frequently swim past you . Our pool villa had a resident heron as well as very cheeky and noisy water hens who kept us amused
There were boat trips to nearby local islands, picnic on a sandbar, sunset cruise to see dolphins- you could learn to scuba dive ( although the snorkelling where we were was incredible and such variety of fishes to be seen ) boat trips to swim with whale sharks and Manta Rays - Baa Atoll is apparently best location for this but you can see them on other atolls Some islands have marine /environmental scientists who you can assist in monitoring turtle colonies or "planting" coral reefs....you can do cooking lessons at some resorts and if all gets too much have a relaxing massage in the spa!
Basically you can do as much or as little as you want- some islands have motorised water sports but I think these spoil the ambience and tranquility of the islands , not to mention ruin the ecosystem
I can also highly recommend Constance Lemuria on Praslin or Constance Ephelia on Mahe in The Seychelles if you need more inspiration for exotic holiday ideas....we stayed here for our 30th wedding anniversary. We hired a car on Praslin to explore the beautiful island and its beaches ( which was great fun as speed limit is 30mph and some v steep and exciting roads) - there's also an incredible tropical rain forest where the coco de mer trees are found as well as cinnamon,mango and vanilla trees ...again amazing variety of birds and huge fruit bats!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We found there was plenty to keep us occupied....just even walking round the island we stayed on, you'd see so much wildlife it was fascinating. The shoals of fish by the shoreline were incredible and the baby reef tip sharks would swim past you as you paddled in the shallows! Kandolhu had several resident turtles who would frequently swim past you . Our pool villa had a resident heron as well as very cheeky and noisy water hens who kept us amused
There were boat trips to nearby local islands, picnic on a sandbar, sunset cruise to see dolphins- you could learn to scuba dive ( although the snorkelling where we were was incredible and such variety of fishes to be seen ) boat trips to swim with whale sharks and Manta Rays - Baa Atoll is apparently best location for this but you can see them on other atolls Some islands have marine /environmental scientists who you can assist in monitoring turtle colonies or "planting" coral reefs....you can do cooking lessons at some resorts and if all gets too much have a relaxing massage in the spa!
Basically you can do as much or as little as you want- some islands have motorised water sports but I think these spoil the ambience and tranquility of the islands , not to mention ruin the ecosystem
I can also highly recommend Constance Lemuria on Praslin or Constance Ephelia on Mahe in The Seychelles if you need more inspiration for exotic holiday ideas....we stayed here for our 30th wedding anniversary. We hired a car on Praslin to explore the beautiful island and its beaches ( which was great fun as speed limit is 30mph and some v steep and exciting roads) - there's also an incredible tropical rain forest where the coco de mer trees are found as well as cinnamon,mango and vanilla trees ...again amazing variety of birds and huge fruit bats!
We looked at The Seychelles, Constance Ephelia being one of the resorts but it was just a bit out of our price range. Do you prefer Maldives or Seychelles

I'm sold! It sounds absolutely amazing! I just need to pin him down to a date now 🤣

• Heart
We looked at The Seychelles, Constance Ephelia being one of the resorts but it was just a bit out of our price range. Do you prefer Maldives or Seychelles
Oo tricky one!....both were outstanding holidays!
The Seychelles offer more in the way of variety of scenery ( beaches and tropical scenery/ rainforests/ incredible rock features) and wildlife, but there's something incredibly special about being on a Robinson Crusoe type island in The Maldives and swimming in crystal clear, warm sea and seeing masses of tropical fish
Kandolhu only took 10 mins to walk around but there was something new to see every day and the sunsets were incredible- we also took a seaplane to island which was a long awaited for dream of mine- the views are unbelievable
Unfortunately, I wasn't very well when I was in the Seychelles and was sadly unable to swim ( had just been diagnosed with an awful autoimmune illness and had awful wounds on my legs- but wasn't going to cancel my holiday!) , so can't vouch for the tropical fish count/ sea life ....you also take a tiny plane over from Mahe to Praslin which was fantastic and the airport is v cute!
however the climate of both was just glorious and so relaxing
Food on both holidays was delicious (Seychelles was buffet and restaurant/ full board basis but the all inclusive on Kandolhu was 5*+
Just fyi.....We booked Constance Lemuria with Trailfinders and because it was our anniversary we got a significant discount- it was the same if it was for honeymoon so maybe have a look again?

Very jealous of the Maldives/Seychelles chat, both very much on my bucket list but definitely not on our radar at the moment.

I have been thinking about potentially going to Rome in early October. Has anyone been recently and would recommend any hotels or areas to stay in? I have been before but when I was 18 and don't really remember much.

Reactions: 2
Very jealous of the Maldives/Seychelles chat, both very much on my bucket list but definitely not on our radar at the moment.

I have been thinking about potentially going to Rome in early October. Has anyone been recently and would recommend any hotels or areas to stay in? I have been before but when I was 18 and don't really remember much.
I'm thinking about Rome in August with my teenage son so would appreciate the same recommendations 😁👍 altho never been before!

I’ve never been to Rome either but I’d love to! It’s only been an option for us over past couple of years as we are more settled and a bit older. We save monthly specifically for hols too but it’s certainly not something we’ve always done.

for anyone thinking of going to Rome, the first Sunday of every month you can visit loads of things for free including the Coliseum. I went to a v small place near there for lunch called Fuorinorma and it was simple but delicious and cheap!
La Fraschetta is really good for pizza and is in a cool neighbourhood 'Trastevera'.
Location wise if you like walking you could stay anywhere and be within a 30 mins walk of everything!
If you want to visit the sistine Chapel you'll probably have to book tickets in advance 🇮🇹🍕💚

• Heart
Finally going to Spanish Basque in June after having to postpone twice. Or was it thrice, I can’t remember 😆

Flying into Barcelona first as we are going to the Moto GP the next day. We don’t really like Barcelona so we won’t be sticking around, we’ll be driving to Basque the day after the Moto GP.

Staying for a few days, filling up on beautiful pinxtos (Basque tapas), seeing some sites and then flying back from Bilbao.

Everything fine-tuned and booked, just gotta sort out what I’m gonna wear to the Moto GP (we are Team Ducati). I’m really looking forward to it!

Finally going to Spanish Basque in June after having to postpone twice. Or was it thrice, I can’t remember 😆

Flying into Barcelona first as we are going to the Moto GP the next day. We don’t really like Barcelona so we won’t be sticking around, we’ll be driving to Basque the day after the Moto GP.

Staying for a few days, filling up on beautiful pinxtos (Basque tapas), seeing some sites and then flying back from Bilbao.

Everything fine-tuned and booked, just gotta sort out what I’m gonna wear to the Moto GP (we are Team Ducati). I’m really looking forward to it!
I love Bilbao! Don't forget to try the basque style cheesecake if you haven't already - it's the best! 🤤

My favourite area to stay in Rome for tourist activities is around Navona/Campo de Fiori. Super central. I would highly recommend a visit to Trastevere, amazing neighbourhood with a very cool vibe. Make sure to research where you eat in Rome. The food is amazing but there are a lot of tourist traps which are just no good. Eat local! The italians are all about eating regionally i.e. pizza is from Naples, steak in Florence etc. In Rome try carbonara, cacio e pepe and suppli.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.