Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I'm going to be hitting Norway this summer so looking forward to no restrictions

Reactions: 2
I‘ll be flying to London on Thursday to visit a friend. We‘ve done all the super touristy things as well as most of the „secret“ tourist things. Anyone got any more recommendations? We might go to Windsor one day and we would like to party one night.

So thanks for the replies guys 😂

But I thought I report back and say that we did a day trip to Brighton instead of Windsor and it was fabulous!

Reactions: 4
A friend is going to The Gambia with TUI, has anyone been? Any experiences to share? Anything I've read online has been extremely mixed.

Reactions: 1
A friend is going to The Gambia with TUI, has anyone been? Any experiences to share? Anything I've read online has been extremely mixed.
I went to The Gambia in January 2019 and loved it for the experience! We went on a couple of day trips, we went on a trip that took us to a family home, fishing village, local market, a school, where we were able to sit in and watch the lessons. Obviously it was all about the school wanting tourists to give them money (which we did, and I’m not convinced the money actually would have been spent on the school) and It was a little uncomfortable seeing the poorer kids hanging around at the door wanting to come in but couldn’t afford it 😢, and it was eye opening to see the home a massive family lived in (with outdoor well) but It was so interesting to see how they all lived and really made us appreciate what we have in the U.K. We also went on a trip over the border to Senegal to a ‘safari’ park, where we got a boat over the river with all the locals who were walking around carrying fruit on their head. It’s obviously not your normal holiday destination but it was so eye opening and interesting and I love seeing a country on holiday and not just sitting in a hotel all day.

Oh and the hotel we stayed in had monkeys running around all over which was just amazing!

I went to The Gambia in January 2019 and loved it for the experience! We went on a couple of day trips, we went on a trip that took us to a family home, fishing village, local market, a school, where we were able to sit in and watch the lessons. Obviously it was all about the school wanting tourists to give them money (which we did, and I’m not convinced the money actually would have been spent on the school) and It was a little uncomfortable seeing the poorer kids hanging around at the door wanting to come in but couldn’t afford it 😢, and it was eye opening to see the home a massive family lived in (with outdoor well) but It was so interesting to see how they all lived and really made us appreciate what we have in the U.K. We also went on a trip over the border to Senegal to a ‘safari’ park, where we got a boat over the river with all the locals who were walking around carrying fruit on their head. It’s obviously not your normal holiday destination but it was so eye opening and interesting and I love seeing a country on holiday and not just sitting in a hotel all day.

Oh and the hotel we stayed in had monkeys running around all over which was just amazing!
That sounds really interesting and something a bit different from your typical resort holiday. What was the food like?

That sounds really interesting and something a bit different from your typical resort holiday. What was the food like?
The food in the hotel was fine, we were staying right next to the Senegambia strip which had quite a few restaurants so you could get burgers, pasta, pizza, indian, Chinese etc. The bad thing was as soon as you stepped onto the strip during the day you were really hassled by people, we had a man following us begging us for money. The nighttime it seemed to be fine. The same walking along the beach, we used to walk in the water to try and keep away from people on the beach hassling us.

Here’s a few photos!

Attachments

• Heart
I’m hoping to visit New York 2 weeks from today, and I’ve booked hotel/flights. I was just wondering if there’s anything else I need to book? I read something about needing a visa or ETSA? I’m not sure if that’s correct though. I’m only going for 5 nights, would I still have to apply for a visa/ETSA?

If anyone could help me, I’d really appreciate it!💞 I’m just so lost and confused with what documents I need to get and bring with me. As far as I know, I only need to take a supervised lateral flow test 24 hours before arriving in NYC. Do I need to get a passenger locator form aswell? (I’m fully vaccinated but not sure if there has been any new restrictions recently). If anyone who has traveled to New York or America in the past couple weeks/months could offer some advice, I would be so grateful. Thank you! x

I’m hoping to visit New York 2 weeks from today, and I’ve booked hotel/flights. I was just wondering if there’s anything else I need to book? I read something about needing a visa or ETSA? I’m not sure if that’s correct though. I’m only going for 5 nights, would I still have to apply for a visa/ETSA?

If anyone could help me, I’d really appreciate it!💞 I’m just so lost and confused with what documents I need to get and bring with me. As far as I know, I only need to take a supervised lateral flow test 24 hours before arriving in NYC. Do I need to get a passenger locator form aswell? (I’m fully vaccinated but not sure if there has been any new restrictions recently). If anyone who has traveled to New York or America in the past couple weeks/months could offer some advice, I would be so grateful. Thank you! x
Yes you always need an Esta to travel to America, once approved they last two years.

Your test only needs done the day before, not 24 hours.

You always need an ESTA for travel to the US. It is often recommended you apply for this before booking any travel however most are approved within 72 hours of application (in my personal experience more quickly than this).

Hi! I’ve just come back from NYC and yes, everything you say is correct! You need an Esta (which has your location on as well) and the supervised test the day before…really easy, did ours via FaceTime.
Happy to help with anything, so jealous, we FINALLY got to take the kids and it was amazing!

Reactions: 3
Normally we go to Disney, but this year we are just going to Haven holiday park- the one in Pwhelli, North Wales for a week in the summer holidays. One would assume it would be much cheaper than going to DLP but no, its still costing a fortune! But the kids will love it, its a beautiful area and hopefully we will have warm weather.

Yes you always need an Esta to travel to America, once approved they last two years.
Thank you! I had no idea about ESTA’s so I appreciate it!☺

Your test only needs done the day before, not 24 hours.

You always need an ESTA for travel to the US. It is often recommended you apply for this before booking any travel however most are approved within 72 hours of application (in my personal experience more quickly than this).
Thank you for your help, means a lot!☺

Hi! I’ve just come back from NYC and yes, everything you say is correct! You need an Esta (which has your location on as well) and the supervised test the day before…really easy, did ours via FaceTime.
Happy to help with anything, so jealous, we FINALLY got to take the kids and it was amazing!
Thank you so much, I’m so grateful!🥺☺ Can I ask where did you go to find a FDA approved supervised test? I’m worried about ordering one from a site that’s not reliable/legit/authorised. Is there a list of sites for supervised lateral flow test for travel to USA? Again, I really appreciate your help!❤ And I’m so pleased your kids got to go with you and that you all had such a great time over there!🤗

Last edited:

Thank you so much, I’m so grateful!🥺☺ Can I ask where did you go to find a FDA approved supervised test? I’m worried about ordering one from a site that’s not reliable/legit/authorised. Is there a list of sites for supervised lateral flow test for travel to USA? Again, I really appreciate your help!❤ And I’m so pleased your kids got to go with you and that you all had such a great time over there!🤗
I'm planning a trip to the US soon and ones I've been looking at for at home supervised tests are 'medicspot' and 'Qured' - if you have Randox near you they also do administered lateral flows in person.

I just googled it! There was one local to me, you could either go in or they sent the pack and we booked a time slot the day before - I’d book early then you don’t have to wait all day not knowing if you’re going! My friend did Randox, you know I can’t think of our one…it was really easy, they get you to put the kit out and you just do it and hold up your negative result.
You will love it there, first time?

It was £120 for 6 tests so not too pricey
I just googled it! There was one local to me, you could either go in or they sent the pack and we booked a time slot the day before - I’d book early then you don’t have to wait all day not knowing if you’re going! My friend did Randox, you know I can’t think of our one…it was really easy, they get you to put the kit out and you just do it and hold up your negative result.

I'm planning a trip to the US soon and ones I've been looking at for at home supervised tests are 'medicspot' and 'Qured' - if you have Randox near you they also do administered lateral flows in person.
Thank you!☺ I ended up buying a supervised video lateral flow test from medicspot’s website and booked my video appointment for the day before I fly. Hopefully the process won’t be too difficult and I’ll be able to register my test quite easily!🤞🏻

It was £120 for 6 tests so not too pricey
Thank you so much for your help!💕 I booked a video appointment with medicspot the day before so hopefully should be a quick/easy process to do!🤞🏻 Yes it’ll be my first time and it’s been my absolute dream to visit NYC since I was 15 so I’m buzzing! Any recommendations for hidden gems outside of the usual touristy attractions?🤗

The test is so easy, they send you an emai straight away. We added it to our verify app (through BA?) so it was all there and didn’t show it once. But may have if not on the app? But honestly so easy.
Oh wow it is an amazing city, I’m lucky enough to have been a few times. We love down town more - west around Chelsea Market and High Line and East is fun too, totally different to mid town times Sq etc. but do all the tourist stuff, it’s awesome! And walk to Brooklyn for amazing views of the city. It’s just a fantastic city. We like Clinton Street Bakery for brekkie, Juliana’s for pizza in Brooklyn and Virgil’s bbq - total chain but great! I could go on and on! The park is lovely too! Especially this time of year with the blossom.
Thank you!☺ I ended up buying a supervised video lateral flow test from medicspot’s website and booked my video appointment for the day before I fly. Hopefully the process won’t be too difficult and I’ll be able to register my test quite easily!🤞🏻

Thank you so much for your help!💕 I booked a video appointment with medicspot the day before so hopefully should be a quick/easy process to do!🤞🏻 Yes it’ll be my first time and it’s been my absolute dream to visit NYC since I was 15 so I’m buzzing! Any recommendations for hidden gems outside of the usual touristy attractions?🤗
Oh and there is meant to be a good roof top opposite the library…I’ll find it. And go to the library and in the room at back, loads of cool things like original Winnie the Pooh teddies and original documents from Washington, Lincoln etc QUOTE="25ag, post: 9538973, member: 181957"]

[/QUOTE]

I'm visiting Rhodes in August and Valletta in September. I've been to Rhodes before but it will be my first time in Valletta. Has anyone been and where did you stay? The hotel reviews on google are not really promising. Most hotels are near nightlife and it is very busy and loud at night.

I'm sure it will be fine! Have a great time in NYC. Its an amazing city - so much to do. You will be planning your next trip the second you are back!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.