Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wind chill in NYC is no joke. My frost bite has finally healed a
few weeks ago from my time there at the end of march 🥶

Reactions: 1
I’d second avoid sidari. We visited when ee were in Corfu while we were staying in another part of the island.
Wasn’t impressed!

Piles of rubbish everywhere, no atmosphere at all. But everyone is different!
They’d said it had the best of both worlds, beautiful to chill in and then a great night life but I’m honestly not bothered about nightlife.

Kos and Rhodes are much higher up the list for me, I just threw Corfu into the mix as a lot of friends holidayed their when younger

They’d said it had the best of both worlds, beautiful to chill in and then a great night life but I’m honestly not bothered about nightlife.

Kos and Rhodes are much higher up the list for me, I just threw Corfu into the mix as a lot of friends holidayed their when younger
The beach was nice mind!

Anyone flown out of Manchester recently? I'm going next week. How would you know which is the queue for fast track if the queue for entry to the terminal stretches out to the car park?

Anyone flown out of Manchester recently? I'm going next week. How would you know which is the queue for fast track if the queue for entry to the terminal stretches out to the car park?
Not me but friends went through on Wednesday, fast track, were through in half an hour. She said it was well worth the fiver.
Suppose it will be sign posted which way to go.

@strawb (or anyone) can you give me any Croatia advice for a friend.
Do you know the Dubrovnik area at all?
Hi I've been a couple of times to Dubrovnik area, stayed in Cavtat both times which is an easy bus or boat ride from Dubrovnik. Very quiet and peaceful compared to Dobrivnik with lovely views of the sea, plenty of bars and restaurants too.

• Heart
two of my separate clients flew out of there yesterday and both said it was crazy busy, i'd say it would be worth paying for the fast track based on that!
@strawb (or anyone) can you give me any Croatia advice for a friend.
Do you know the Dubrovnik area at all?
Hi I've been a couple of times to Dubrovnik area, stayed in Cavtat both times which is an easy bus or boat ride from Dubrovnik. Very quiet and peaceful compared to Dobrivnik with lovely views of the sea, plenty of bars and restaurants too.
yes i'm from there 😊 agreed cavtat is lovely and you can reach dubrovnik via boat. if you still want to be somewhere closer, definitely stay in the lapad area rather than the old town. the old town is busy, noisy and expensive. charming of course but lapad is close enough so no need to stay right in the centre. i'd recommend doing the city walls and a big tip is that the ticket to the city walls includes a ticket to the st lawrence fortress as well, and you can visit the 2 parts within 3 days, it doesn't have to be on the same day. next to that fort is dodo beach bar, highly recommended for cocktails!

locals' favourite restaurants would be pantarul for traditional food with a modern twist, trinity/shizuku for asian fusion (amaaazing) and kamenice for local seafood. don't get the local taxis as they're really expensive, use uber because it's very fast (less than 5 minute wait wherever you are) and much cheaper. also you can feel 100% safe, in taxis or anywhere really, we have literally 0% crime here. it's also very clean! and not too busy just yet.

my top suggestion would going to lokrum island, 10 min boat ride from the old town, there are peacocks there and it's incredibly beautiful 🦚 keep in mind that it's very warm here right now, it was 30+ degrees celsius today so definitely bring swimwear and go to a beach or do a boat trip. most houses have air conditioning so they should be fine in their accommodation but it's very warm outside for sure. lots of sunblock and spf, and aloe vera for after.

i do hope this is useful - sorry for the rant, i'm a tour guide so i kind of get passionate about this 😂
if you have any specific questions let me know and i wish a lovely holiday to your friend! ☀

• Heart
Reactions: 4
two of my separate clients flew out of there yesterday and both said it was crazy busy, i'd say it would be worth paying for the fast track based on that!

yes i'm from there 😊 agreed cavtat is lovely and you can reach dubrovnik via boat. if you still want to be somewhere closer, definitely stay in the lapad area rather than the old town. the old town is busy, noisy and expensive. charming of course but lapad is close enough so no need to stay right in the centre. i'd recommend doing the city walls and a big tip is that the ticket to the city walls includes a ticket to the st lawrence fortress as well, and you can visit the 2 parts within 3 days, it doesn't have to be on the same day. next to that fort is dodo beach bar, highly recommended for cocktails!

locals' favourite restaurants would be pantarul for traditional food with a modern twist, trinity/shizuku for asian fusion (amaaazing) and kamenice for local seafood. don't get the local taxis as they're really expensive, use uber because it's very fast (less than 5 minute wait wherever you are) and much cheaper. also you can feel 100% safe, in taxis or anywhere really, we have literally 0% crime here. it's also very clean! and not too busy just yet.

my top suggestion would going to lokrum island, 10 min boat ride from the old town, there are peacocks there and it's incredibly beautiful 🦚 keep in mind that it's very warm here right now, it was 30+ degrees celsius today so definitely bring swimwear and go to a beach or do a boat trip. most houses have air conditioning so they should be fine in their accommodation but it's very warm outside for sure. lots of sunblock and spf, and aloe vera for after.

i do hope this is useful - sorry for the rant, i'm a tour guide so i kind of get passionate about this 😂
if you have any specific questions let me know and i wish a lovely holiday to your friend! ☀
Amazing tips thank you!

Any hotel tips in either Lapad or Cavtat?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I flew out of there last week and there was NO queue - literally straight through, that was T3. my sister has flown from there today and it took her 1 hour for bag drop and security

Amazing tips thank you!

no problem! hotel croatia in cavtat and in lapad depends on their budget! hotel lero is great value for money and has a great location, rixos hotel is pricier but has the best spa i've ever been to if your friend likes that stuff, and valamar hotels are at a nice quiet location and have a good range of different prices.

• Heart
Amazing tips thank you!

I stayed in Lapad a few years ago and we stayed at Valamar Argosy- it was very nice. The pool area and the view from it is amazing. The beach is just gorgeous. The bus is super cheap into Dubrovnik but there are even little restaurants out there as well. Thoroughly recommend.

My recommendation as a tourist is if you are walking the walls (a must do if you are physically able) do it first thing in the morning before it gets too hot and busy. We were actually able to walk around them as opposed to queue.

• Heart
I flew out of there last week and there was NO queue - literally straight through, that was T3. my sister has flown from there today and it took her 1 hour for bag drop and security
I'm flying next Sunday, I have the fast track pass I think for security but if I rock up at T1 and there's huge queues I won't know where to go. I've checked in online and only have hand luggage. My flight s at 10am so thinking of getting there for half 6am, uber from central Manchester. I'm dreading it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.