Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mcfeez

VIP Member
Advise needed please ☺ Looking for all inclusive holiday end of Aug/beginning of sept but unsure of where to go. (Don’t judge I’d be self catering but have one very fussy teen 🙈) I’m thinking it needs to be a Greek island as Spain just too expensive and Turkey will be too hot (daughter is super fair) We did Crete last summer. I’m stuck between Corfu, Rhodes or Zante? Any recommendations welcome ☺
Croatia is beautiful! We stayed near Dubrovnik in Lapad - we only did B&B but our hotel seemed to do full board/all inclusive too as did lots of the bigger hotels near by.

I haven't been to Greece myself but Corfu always looked great to me - lots to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Shinythings

VIP Member
We're going to a place in the Italian Lakes that belongs to my fiance's cousin. In a tiny village where no one speaks english. About 30 minutes from Lake Como, it is absolute heaven.

We have just come back from ten days in Mauritius… wouldn’t necessarily go back but nice for some sun and covid wise the requirements weren’t ridiculous.

I know some people are waiting till things go back to ‘normal’ but I honestly don’t think they ever will or certainly not anytime soon so I say get your holidays booked! ☀☀☀

We also have weddings in Seville and Italy in June and August as well as our own wedding in November so it’s going to be an expensive year 😭 though I suppose there’s worse problems to have!
Out of interest, why wouldn't you go back?

Has anyone here been to Cuba? in 2019 me and my partner travelled to Guardalavaca, we had a lovely time but wouldn't go back, when we talk to people about it who have also been they say they would love to go back, just seems like its only us that wouldn't haha, not to mention I got bitten to bits by mosquitos and got ill from it. Just wanted to see what your personal thoughts are on it? or any other part of Cuba ?
I adored Cuba. We went to Havana and Cayo Coco. We knew going in it was rough around the edges and the hotel's not to the same standard as the rest of the Caribbean. That rustic feel was part of the charm for me. I think if you went in expecting it to be like the rest of the Caribbean, you'd be disappointed.

The people were so lovely and we really went exploring. Havana is a city like no other.

Has anyone ever been to Costa Rica? Thoughts?

Looking at honeymoons for next July- also thinking Dubai & Bali (one trip). Anyone have any other recommendations??! Thanks!!
It's on my bucket list. I want to do Arenal, the cloud forest and then end with a week or so on the beach.

Last edited:
  • Heart

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
My friend travelled yesterday out of terminal 1 Manchester and said thank god she had fast track and that they weren’t doing baggage drop because the queues were huuuuuge she said! I’ve got another friend travelling next week out of Manchester so we will see!

Anyone have any idea what the queues at Gatwick have been like?

For those posting about Palma - really recommend 49 Steps and Mar de Nudos near the port area for food/cocktails. Had a lovely bottomless brunch in Palma Nova at a place called Barbuda also.

This was the view from 49 Steps 😍

View attachment 1179008
I’m getting all theses suggestions down 😂😄 thanks Ivy! hope you’re having fun, we’re missing you over on the mafs thread 💙

• Wow
  • Heart

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
two of my separate clients flew out of there yesterday and both said it was crazy busy, i'd say it would be worth paying for the fast track based on that!

yes i'm from there 😊 agreed cavtat is lovely and you can reach dubrovnik via boat. if you still want to be somewhere closer, definitely stay in the lapad area rather than the old town. the old town is busy, noisy and expensive. charming of course but lapad is close enough so no need to stay right in the centre. i'd recommend doing the city walls and a big tip is that the ticket to the city walls includes a ticket to the st lawrence fortress as well, and you can visit the 2 parts within 3 days, it doesn't have to be on the same day. next to that fort is dodo beach bar, highly recommended for cocktails!

locals' favourite restaurants would be pantarul for traditional food with a modern twist, trinity/shizuku for asian fusion (amaaazing) and kamenice for local seafood. don't get the local taxis as they're really expensive, use uber because it's very fast (less than 5 minute wait wherever you are) and much cheaper. also you can feel 100% safe, in taxis or anywhere really, we have literally 0% crime here. it's also very clean! and not too busy just yet.

my top suggestion would going to lokrum island, 10 min boat ride from the old town, there are peacocks there and it's incredibly beautiful 🦚 keep in mind that it's very warm here right now, it was 30+ degrees celsius today so definitely bring swimwear and go to a beach or do a boat trip. most houses have air conditioning so they should be fine in their accommodation but it's very warm outside for sure. lots of sunblock and spf, and aloe vera for after.

i do hope this is useful - sorry for the rant, i'm a tour guide so i kind of get passionate about this 😂
if you have any specific questions let me know and i wish a lovely holiday to your friend! ☀
Amazing tips thank you!

Any hotel tips in either Lapad or Cavtat?

• Heart

Shinythings

VIP Member
We‘re off to New York City at the end of March (pushed from December) and I want to visit friends and family in London/Wales soon after.

Also talked about a girls trip at the beginning of June but nothing booked yet.
Does anyone have any recommendations? Nice mix of beach, clubs and nature would be great and also not too far away (max 3 hours flight from Germany).
Croatia sprang to mind immediately, followed by somewhere like Mykonos or Santorini.

• Heart

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I find Ryanair and aer lingus to be comparable. Flight times and prices are the deciding factor for me

Tublet83

VIP Member
Any tips on Albuferia/The algarve in October?
Go to vilamoura

Can anybody recommend a good family resort? Ideally wanting an apartment with a little splash park for the little ones. I’ve looked at Majorca but don’t know where it good to stay as never been before, also looked at Crete and Corfu but can’t find anything nice so I’m hoping people can throw tried and tested apartments my way please!! 🤞🏼
Always heard good things about the pirates village in Majorca

fudgebox

VIP Member
We’re looking to book a Norwegian Fjords cruise for next year, any recommendations for cruise lines? We’ve only done one cruise which was a Disney cruise staycation last year and was only 2 nights🙈 I’ve been looking at P&O? I’ve no idea on cruises

• Heart

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
We are booked for Turkey in 17 days (and counting).... we booked it over 18 months ago when our 2020 holiday got cancelled due to Covid, so it has been a long time coming.
We also have a week in Great Yarmouth with our god daughters in October.
We would usually look at something inbetween, around July ish, but it's my 40th, my sister in laws hen do and wedding this year so can't fit it in!

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
I feel you @Monkeybum! We’re off to nyc next Saturday and I’m already scared the test will come back positive even though we’ve been super careful.
Fingers crossed for you and have a great time!
Same here! Well we travel in 2 weeks…Kids at school and OT works out the house and I’m already having sleepless nights over the test 😳😳😳😳

• Heart

Warpaint

VIP Member
Anyone been to Gdansk? Thinking about going for a few days late Nov/early Dec. Worth visiting? I like to have a cold pre-Chirstmas city break but I've done all the biggies
Yes definitely worth a visit. Great to just amble around there.

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Why are the delays only being experienced in the UK? And why are they mainly TUI? I agree with the poster who thinks they may go into Administration.
I think delays are everwhere to be honest. Dublin and Schipol Airports being two notable examples - over 1000 people missed flights from Dub on Sunday and 5 hour long queues in Schipol all over the news

Ups27

VIP Member
Anyone done a Singapore/Malaysia holiday? Thinking of going somewhere long haul next year always fancied a few days in singapore then a beach destination in Malaysia somehow.
I went to Malaysia in 2018! Went for two weeks, did KL,
Penang and the perhentian islands!

• Heart

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
We've decided to avoid going abroad for one more year. We've got Cornwall booked for Easter and then a trip to Scotland (near Bute) in August. Really looking forward to both trips but slightly anxious about the Scottish rules changing (we are in England) and also the risk of midgies!!

• Heart