Holidays #2 - 2022 roundup and plans for 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We go to Vilamoura next week and that finishes up our holidays for 2022! 🥰 I’m super excited. 🇵🇹🥰 would of loved to fit in a city break in November or December for Christmas markets but I can’t find anything decent so I’ve abandoned that search!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We go to Vilamoura next week and that finishes up our holidays for 2022! 🥰 I’m super excited. 🇵🇹🥰 would of loved to fit in a city break in November or December for Christmas markets but I can’t find anything decent so I’ve abandoned that search!
I was planning on poland end of November but managed a slot to get my new bathroom fitted by coincidence same time as my annual leave so will be staying at home to help supervise that. So that's it for me this year, may manage a break in London before year end though. Done Spain, Ireland and Latvia this year

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I was planning on poland end of November but managed a slot to get my new bathroom fitted by coincidence same time as my annual leave so will be staying at home to help supervise that. So that's it for me this year, may manage a break in London before year end though. Done Spain, Ireland and Latvia this year
ooh, how was Latvia? i've always been intrigued by it!

Ooo what was Latvia like?😍 Aww that’s bittersweet nearly not getting to do Poland but it’ll be fab getting your bathroom fitted ❤

Vilamoura is gorgeous and the marina is lovely to eat and drink there, very jealous!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Love Vilamoura was there last month - enjoy!

• Heart
To continue the Disneyland Paris chat from the previous thread, we went in February in 2018 I think it was and it was super cold and snowed! But we just wrapped up in plenty of layers and still had a fab time. The first couple of days we were there it was really cold but sunny and bright so was really good for exploring the city and the park. I found CDG airport fine, it was pretty easy to get from the airport to the city and back to the airport from Disneyland Paris. I prefer travelling by Eurostar but its a bit of a pain having to get to London first.

• Heart
Feeling a bit down at the moment...Husband has a heart problem which meant we had to cancel 3 x hols this year..Rhodes in Sept, New York in November and Goa in December . Problem is that I live and breath travel, I am so missing it , I am praying we can travel again soon
Meanwhile I wish everyone going on hols soon a lovely time

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I posted this in the last thread and couldn't reply so posting it again here:

I'm looking to go away for a few night with my partner over Christmas (just the 2 of us in our mid 30s) we live in Spain so looking to travel to somewhere else in Europe. Has anyone been anywhere for Christmas Day that they would reccomend? I know most places close down but we are just looking for somewhere with some pubs and restaurants open. We have a big holiday in February so not looking for anything overly expensive.

Can anyone please recommend somewhere to eat near Manchester Piccadilly please? And something to do? Interested in science and sport mostly. Thanks

Can anyone please recommend somewhere to eat near Manchester Piccadilly please? And something to do? Interested in science and sport mostly. Thanks
the science and industry museum, pretty sure it's free and for food, depending on who you're with and what time of day but I would suggest: Evelyn's, cottonopolis, bundobust - all located in the northern quarter which is less than 5 mins from picadilly!

I posted this in the last thread and couldn't reply so posting it again here:

I'm looking to go away for a few night with my partner over Christmas (just the 2 of us in our mid 30s) we live in Spain so looking to travel to somewhere else in Europe. Has anyone been anywhere for Christmas Day that they would reccomend? I know most places close down but we are just looking for somewhere with some pubs and restaurants open. We have a big holiday in February so not looking for anything overly expensive.
Feel bad no one has answered you yet! I’ve never been away over Christmas but I have a friend who goes to the Canary Islands for Christmas every year and loves it. I think her favourite has been feurteventura! X

We got back from our 3 week Florida trip last month. Decided to stay in Miami for a couple of nights before the usual Orlando stay. Wouldn't do Miami again.
Already booked an All inclusive in Tsilivi (Zante) for next August. Might squeeze a DLP trip in but I don't think my eldest is too keen.

Reactions: 4
the national football museum is really great but it’s next to Victoria but it’s really not too far from Piccadilly in my opinion x

Reactions: 4
Going to New York in December and have been wanting to go ice skating at Rockefeller center but looking at the prices it’s going to be at least $120 for two people! Maybe I’m naive but I really didn’t think it would cost so much!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Planning my first trip to Amsterdam next year. Can anybody recommend other towns/cities nearby that is worth a visit

Reactions: 1
Going to New York for a few days in December and then off to Thailand for New Years! I love travelling but haven’t been able to get away this year so looking forward to the trips!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Going to New York in December and have been wanting to go ice skating at Rockefeller center but looking at the prices it’s going to be at least $120 for two people! Maybe I’m naive but I really didn’t think it would cost so much!
There is usually a rink at Union Square and in the park which will probably be less, that’s eye watering isn’t it!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.