Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HoGi

VIP Member
I have been to Cape Verde twice.

I preferred Sal to Boa Vista. Little bit more to do and the sea has more green days than Boa Vista.

All the Riu's are fairly similar and you know what you're getting.

Reactions: 2

HoGi

VIP Member
The times of some flights I just booked for changed which meant I would’ve had a 16hour over night layover in Vienna. I’ve requested a refund but looking at other flights do you think it’s worth paying £100 extra not to have the flight home to be at 3:30am? And has anyone had a connecting flight in Frankfurt is 1hour long enough?
Can't advise on connecting flights but I would always pay extra to not be flying home late at night or early in the morning.

Most check out times are 11am or midday. So nothing worse than having to lug bags around or leaving them at the hotel in a luggage room and worrying about it all day. And then when you want to sleep you're dealing with security etc.

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
Yes similar, except you can do it via Teams/FaceTime - really simple process to be honest but just annoying that you have the worry beforehand.
A supervised one is an antigenic in a pharmacy ?
We do these in France, in almost all pharmacies, it's connected to the social security system (like the NHS) and you have your result in 15 minutes or less, sent to your phone (or printed on paper at the pharmacy if you wish). It's free if you have your jabs or if you are under 18 years old. Otherwise, it's 20 euros per person (was 25€ before april). PCR is free too under the same conditions (or 43 or 44€) but I think it's longer to have the result).

HoGi

VIP Member
I need help! Holiday is booked for next month 😁 me and my partner have never booked airport lounge access but thinking we might for this holiday? Do you guys recommend or?
I booked lounge access for our holiday at the end of June and it was invaluable.

The airport was heaving. People literally everywhere. If there was space there was someone standing/sitting/laying there.

Got down to the lounge and it was peaceful and took all the stress away.

Food and drink included. Reserved table so guaranteed seat. Power Banks to change bits up if you need it. Easy access to view a screen with gates etc.

It was well worth it

• Heart

Welshgal

VIP Member
Hello, me again.

keep changing my mind about where I want to go - that’s the problem with never really travelling anywhere?

me and my partner are now thinking of going to Paris at some point in the first half of 2023.

I’ve heard that CDG airport isn’t great but not sure whether it’s better to get the Eurostar or fly from Gatwick? Any advice please?
I absolutely hate CDG and only heard good things about the Eurostar plus you’ll be immediately in the city and won’t have to bothered with taking a train from the airport and back (in fairness I thought that process was very easy but still).

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Any of the London airports x
A little over 4k, obviously i’m not sure what dates you’re restricted to and i had to just make up childrens ages so I don’t know if that changes things, but have a play around. I stayed here in Mexico with my boyfriend and it is a brilliant hotel and resort, it would be great for kids. There’s a massive lazy river too 😂
D3679B4E-2DF6-401A-A91A-CD050F264F8E.png

• Heart

Romy

VIP Member
Holidays are way to expensive now and I think it’s discusting what companies are charging ! At least nearly double up what I paid 2 years ago ….some 3-4 times the price ….I’m surprised so many families are financially able to go …. I honestly love a holiday but I can’t justify the price and seeing all the chaos at airports now just sends shivers down my spine …. I’m really hoping next year - year after prices start coming back down 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
I agree, it's quite expensive, especially for a family with children, but I am not sure prices are meant to decrease. Because of energy, environment, ethics,... I reckon we have to adapt ourselves, probably travel less for most people. Also, Brits travel a lot (especially abroad), much more than other Europeans I dare say. Idk.

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
Thank you both, good to know. RIU were actually what I looked at when I did look at there as we stayed in a RIU in Jamaica and were very impressed with it.
Hey! We did book it through TUI but I don’t think they own it in any way - they did have reps there on certain days. It was utterly brilliant the hotel, so beautiful. It’s really big, we found it worth more than what we actually paid for two weeks (Around 1,300 I think with extra legroom on flight). The room was beautiful and so was the bath, the mini bar and optics, the bed was comfy, our view though not a sea view was a garden view and it was lovely as I saw a monkey one day 😊 In terms of things to do on site, it’s got a huge lazy river, 3/4 pools too which were all pretty big. It had a number of speciality restaurants: Brazilian, Greek/Mediterranean, Japanese, Steakhouse, Italian, French, Thai, Mexican - we went for 2 weeks so we could pick I think it was either 2 or 3 for each week we were there. Then there’s 2 big buffet restaurants which did really good food - my boyfriend is fussy. They had themed nights in there too. The bars are lovely. You’ve got concierges for each block who help you too. It’s actually a gorgeous resort to walk around because of the greenery and wildlife (nothing dangerous lol), like the beach is lovely with hammocks and there’s bikes you can go on etc and other activities. Then you’ve also got the spa which I really recommend, it is simply stunning. I’ll see if I can attach some pics.

In terms of activities, we went to Tulum, Xel Ha and X-caret, we went to Chichen Itza (this is the longer day but it is regardless of where you stay because it’s best to get there early, it was our only early start), we went to a cenote and Coco Bongos. The majority of which we booked through TUI but you could do yourself. Things we just did ourself were going to Senor Frogs, Playa del Carmen for shopping - we literally just walked out to the main road and got in a Mexican like mini bus looool. We went to Cozumel too which was cool. You could probably organise bits independently or through TUI or through the hotel - there was tour things there that weren’t airline/holiday company specific from memory.

Honestly I really, really, recommend. We’d go back in a heartbeat.

If you can bare to watch then Youtuber Sydney May Crouch went there at Christmas!
Looks and sounds amazing! We were supposed to go to Mexico on a cruise in February but it was cancelled, so I looked at a land holiday there instead. Seems like there was lots to do which is what we like, couldn't bear to spend a fortnight sitting round a pool! We didn't go in the end, we opted for a cruise to the Arctic Circle instead 🤣

• Heart

Warpaint

VIP Member
Found travelling very easy. Nobody wore masks in the airport, they didn't even check my test when I arrived at the destination and just briefly glanced at my vaccine passport. Felt completely normal. I think summer is going to be great for getting around.

• Heart

101d

VIP Member
Advise needed please ☺ Looking for all inclusive holiday end of Aug/beginning of sept but unsure of where to go. (Don’t judge I’d be self catering but have one very fussy teen 🙈) I’m thinking it needs to be a Greek island as Spain just too expensive and Turkey will be too hot (daughter is super fair) We did Crete last summer. I’m stuck between Corfu, Rhodes or Zante? Any recommendations welcome ☺
I went to Kos in October and it was lovely!!

• Heart

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
Just got back from my second trip to Northern Ireland - took in all the sights of Belfast and Derry, can't recommend it enough, already looking to go back in September to explore more x
We've just spent a week there and I completely agree. We visited Enniskillen, giants Causeway, Portrush, Bangor and Belfast. It was beautiful, and despite being the middle of the summer holidays, very quiet!

fudgebox

VIP Member
Hello, me again.

keep changing my mind about where I want to go - that’s the problem with never really travelling anywhere?

me and my partner are now thinking of going to Paris at some point in the first half of 2023.

I’ve heard that CDG airport isn’t great but not sure whether it’s better to get the Eurostar or fly from Gatwick? Any advice please?
I flew into orly in march and have no complaints! I flew into CDG about 5 years ago but can’t really remember what it was like

Romy

VIP Member
Hello, me again.

It's not the best period to come to Paris in plain winter. No matter the airport, if you are in London, Eurostar is so much better ! It's nice, fast and you arrive in Paris city (without a rather expensive transfer from the airport). OK Gare du Nord is not the fancier place lol but you are one station from the heart of Paris and the public transports network is great.

• Heart

soymilk

VIP Member
Edinburgh at Christmas is lovely, we love going for Christmas shopping - for the atmosphere and loads of wonderful places to eat ( it's my husband's birthday just before Christmas too, so we usually book a fab place to eat)
the Christmas markets are definitely worth a visit too
I'm def gonna be asking you for recommendations nearer the time then! 😏

• Heart

epl000

VIP Member
Very jealous of the Maldives/Seychelles chat, both very much on my bucket list but definitely not on our radar at the moment.

I have been thinking about potentially going to Rome in early October. Has anyone been recently and would recommend any hotels or areas to stay in? I have been before but when I was 18 and don't really remember much.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I loved it. I've been to Istanbul, Kusadasi, Selcuk and Ancient Ephesus, Kas (near Antalya). Beautiful country, interesting culture, fab accommodation and food. Pretty good value destination. I want to go to Cappadocia next. I highly recommend Turkey.
Where would you recommend for just a nice hot chilled holiday?
Is cappadocia the place with all the hot air balloons cos that is on my list 😍😍😍