Holidays #2 - 2022 roundup and plans for 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For people who have been to Iceland how much would you need for food daily do you reckon as I’ve heard it’s expensive? Probably not going to go but just looking at it. Anyone have recommendations on the best places to see the northern lights?
I went to Iceland a few years ago and loved it! We stayed in an apartment and got suplies from Lidl and had take away pizza some night. Never seen the Northern Lights unfortunately :(

I went to Iceland a few years ago and loved it! We stayed in an apartment and got suplies from Lidl and had take away pizza some night. Never seen the Northern Lights unfortunately :(
Thank you, I was thinking of making food and maybe if eating out going to fast food places which hopefully would be cheaper. Was looking at 5 nights. Staying in a hostel I think with flights and hostel it’s about £200 so it’s just seeing how much activities and food would be

Reactions: 2
Thank you, I was thinking of making food and maybe if eating out going to fast food places which hopefully would be cheaper. Was looking at 5 nights. Staying in a hostel I think with flights and hostel it’s about £200 so it’s just seeing how much activities and food would be
That’s cheaper than I thought it would be, roughly when are you looking at going if you don’t mind me asking?

Wow that's an amazing price!
We were arouns £600 each for 5 night in an apartmenrmt and flights 4 years ago

That’s cheaper than I thought it would be, roughly when are you looking at going if you don’t mind me asking?
This was jan/feb next year, just will have to see if I have enough money. I do have savings I can use 🤔 my plan from now on is any overtime pay I get is going into a holiday savings account. So I’ll just make up what I use form my normal savings. Maybe it was £220 actually - £70 flights and £150 hostel. Or wait till the same time the year after and hope it’ll be similar price.
Although it I do have somewhere I want to go in Jan-April 2024 that I can’t fit into 2023 unless I go during a time that’s not recommended to that country. Can go away Jan-March or April-October next year. I’ve decided since my last holiday was included one of my bucket list places to do more of where I want to go rather than to just go because it’s a holiday

Wow that's an amazing price!
We were arouns £600 each for 5 night in an apartmenrmt and flights 4 years ago
This is making me want to book 🤔
What did you do whilst there?
I was looking at northern lights, blue lagoon (or just seen there’s sky lagoon 🤔), horse tour and golden circle.
I think it’ll be at least an extra £300 on top if I do three of these things. I’m thinking one thing a day. Maybe I’ll buy some pot noodles to take with me 😂

Reactions: 1
This was jan/feb next year, just will have to see if I have enough money. I do have savings I can use 🤔 my plan from now on is any overtime pay I get is going into a holiday savings account. So I’ll just make up what I use form my normal savings. Maybe it was £220 actually - £70 flights and £150 hostel. Or wait till the same time the year after and hope it’ll be similar price.
Although it I do have somewhere I want to go in Jan-April 2024 that I can’t fit into 2023 unless I go during a time that’s not recommended to that country. Can go away Jan-March or April-October next year. I’ve decided since my last holiday was included one of my bucket list places to do more of where I want to go rather than to just go because it’s a holiday
Wow amazing, yeah that’s a really good price. I might look in to it too! And yes go to your bucket places destinations… I used to always just go where everyone else wanted to go on holiday but now I’m so much more decisive, even if it means solo travelling and it brings me so much more happiness 😊

Wow amazing, yeah that’s a really good price. I might look in to it too! And yes go to your bucket places destinations… I used to always just go where everyone else wanted to go on holiday but now I’m so much more decisive, even if it means solo travelling and it brings me so much more happiness 😊
I just went on skyscanner and searched my local airport, anywhere and anytime and that was one of the cheapest that I’d want to go to. There was also £60 flights to Paris in July which I thought was good but accommodation is a lot and £55 I think flights to Barcelona in September.
I know my friend will get annoyed if I don’t invite her but I know it won’t happen if I do so I think I’ll just book it. I solo traveled twice now and I enjoyed it and plan to do it more, even if my friend gets annoyed!

• Heart
I went to Iceland years ago - absolutely loved it, but also didn’t see the Northern lights … too cloudy 🙄

I went to Iceland years ago - absolutely loved it, but also didn’t see the Northern lights … too cloudy 🙄
What time of the year did you go? I tried to google the best time but it just gave me a range of months was hoping it would give a specific month. What else did you do there?
Someone I know said their parents said it was miserable and their worst ever holiday. I’d love to do whale watching but I get very easily sea sick so I don’t think I’d cope!

This is making me want to book 🤔
What did you do whilst there?
I was looking at northern lights, blue lagoon (or just seen there’s sky lagoon 🤔), horse tour and golden circle.
I think it’ll be at least an extra £300 on top if I do three of these things. I’m thinking one thing a day. Maybe I’ll buy some pot noodles to take with me 😂
We done the Blue Lagoon and a cruise to try see the northern lights (which we didn't 😅) we also went to a music festival

We done the Blue Lagoon and a cruise to try see the northern lights (which we didn't 😅) we also went to a music festival
Was the blue lagoon worth it? I think I’m going to add everything up now to see if how much it’ll be. I’ve been paying £50 a month off a holiday for next December for the last few months and only have £200 left of that so I’ll just started paying it again after Iceland if I go 🤔

What time of the year did you go? I tried to google the best time but it just gave me a range of months was hoping it would give a specific month. What else did you do there?
Someone I know said their parents said it was miserable and their worst ever holiday. I’d love to do whale watching but I get very easily sea sick so I don’t think I’d cope!
I went in November, it was over 20 years ago before it was really trendy. The weather was good but cloudy.
We did a trip to see the geezers and the blue lagoon. I really enjoyed the blue lagoon - we went at night which was very atmospheric. I don't do anything on boats as it makes me feel sick.

Was the blue lagoon worth it? I think I’m going to add everything up now to see if how much it’ll be. I’ve been paying £50 a month off a holiday for next December for the last few months and only have £200 left of that so I’ll just started paying it again after Iceland if I go 🤔
Yes I loved it! We had lunch there and the food was also really good

@Former_Antelopee this tattle ad is a sign that you should go 😂
362645FB-0A72-4294-882F-B584C82F8C02.png

I am off home to Australia on Friday, my last trip of the year. I’ve got a couple of days in Perth which I’ve never been to - any recommendations? Then I am off to Byron Bay where I have been before, however would love any recommendations that maybe I could get my Auntie or my cousins to take me too.
Then I will be home in Sydney for the first time since pre-covid 🥰💙

I am absolutely dreading my non stop 16.5 hour flight? has anyone got any good tips for tackling jet lag and things i can do that will benefit my body on board xx

• Haha
@Former_Antelopee this tattle ad is a sign that you should go 😂View attachment 1718352

I am off home to Australia on Friday, my last trip of the year. I’ve got a couple of days in Perth which I’ve never been to - any recommendations? Then I am off to Byron Bay where I have been before, however would love any recommendations that maybe I could get my Auntie or my cousins to take me too.
Then I will be home in Sydney for the first time since pre-covid 🥰💙

I am absolutely dreading my non stop 16.5 hour flight? has anyone got any good tips for tackling jet lag and things i can do that will benefit my body on board xx
The flight prices went up a bit and worse times. I’ll probably still book it but I can’t get into any of my accounts with money in due to issues with the websites 🙄. I’ll book it today if I can get into my account!
I don’t have any advise never need on such a long non stop flight, goodluck and have a great time 😄

• Heart
I’ve booked a few days in grindleward Switzerland for my boyfriends 40th present next august (selfishly somewhere on my bucket list, don’t think he’s bothered lol) but it’s a lot to save up for on my own and mountain gondolas etc are expensive. Would like to go to Turkey in June time, antalya area so that I can do the overnight trip to cappadocia, which is also on my bucket list!
I really cannot afford anything else lol, but planning a weekend in Milan with my friends.
My mam really wants to go back to florida as a family next year, and I would LOVE to go back, but really can’t afford it, but my dad has MS and they wouldn’t be able to cope without me going and doing all the planning! She did say she would pay for it and usually I would jump at the chance, but I have a dog now and my boyfriends mam is the only person who looks after it, and It doesn’t feel fair to keep asking her to watch him for holidays 🙈

Before the dog, travel was my life!

I’ve booked a few days in grindleward Switzerland for my boyfriends 40th present next august (selfishly somewhere on my bucket list, don’t think he’s bothered lol) but it’s a lot to save up for on my own and mountain gondolas etc are expensive. Would like to go to Turkey in June time, antalya area so that I can do the overnight trip to cappadocia, which is also on my bucket list!
I really cannot afford anything else lol, but planning a weekend in Milan with my friends.
My mam really wants to go back to florida as a family next year, and I would LOVE to go back, but really can’t afford it, but my dad has MS and they wouldn’t be able to cope without me going and doing all the planning! She did say she would pay for it and usually I would jump at the chance, but I have a dog now and my boyfriends mam is the only person who looks after it, and It doesn’t feel fair to keep asking her to watch him for holidays 🙈

Before the dog, travel was my life!
I feel the same (but with cats) my mum stays at my house to look after them whilst I’m away. I have two holidays for next year booked and looking at a third but feel bad she says she doesn’t mind though. I do the same and look after their dog whilst she’s away but that’s only usually once a year as they normally take him with them on their other holiday. He is getting old now so unfortunately probably doesn’t have many years left (although we recently put our other dog to sleep and she lived for about 3 years longer than we expected). She said she’d get a cat after him so I’m tempted to ask her to have my two for a few months so I can travel more in that time without her having to come to my house.
Could you put your dog into boarding for one holiday or even two? Pick the shorter durations so he isn’t there as long and your mother in law look after him when you go to America if that’ll be longer?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.