Holidays #2 - 2022 roundup and plans for 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For those going to nyc in Dec if you haven't done it try and get to Dyker heights for the Christmas lights tour, we did it for free in 2019 with a guide and it was the highlight of our trip for me 😊

Reactions: 2
I’ve heard about this but haven’t seen any free tours
I got mine through a nyc Facebook group I joined it was a gent called Tseng if I remember rightly, he put up like an event and asked whoever wanted to join to just comment, he was amazing and there was a group of about 15/20 of us all met at the oculus at a certain time he took us all over on the subway,walked us all around the best parts then brought us all back. All free & he was really knowledgeable

Last edited:
Going to New York in December and have been wanting to go ice skating at Rockefeller center but looking at the prices it’s going to be at least $120 for two people! Maybe I’m naive but I really didn’t think it would cost so much!
We went to the rink at Bryant Park when we were there a few years ago as it was so much cheaper but still absolutely lovely! The queues for the one at Central Park were insane when we were there, and the Rockerfeller one was way too busy for me.

taking my bf to edinburgh next month for his 30th, i have the big things booked like the castle tour/going to the xmas markets etc. but, could anyone recommend nice bars, cafes, restaurants or things you did that you really enjoyed? thank you 😌

taking my bf to edinburgh next month for his 30th, i have the big things booked like the castle tour/going to the xmas markets etc. but, could anyone recommend nice bars, cafes, restaurants or things you did that you really enjoyed? thank you 😌
I recommended it to someone else on here but The Witchery by the Castle is AMAZING!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We are going to Chang Rai in Nothern Thailand to visit my partners grandad in January then travelling down to Phuket and staying about an hour away in a lovely place called Khao Lak (They got massively hit by the tsunami years ago :( ) - Really excited. Thailand is gorgeous, we go every January.

Reactions: 3
We have plans for a weekend in liverpool and have DLP booked for next year 😀 i would like another mini trip later in the year but will see how life goes.

Near the train station there is a mexican place, below street level. If they are still there it’s so worth it. The food was unbelievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We went to the Edinburgh Larder for breakfast one day my friend still talks about the waffle saying it’s the best one she’s ever had 😂
We also liked the gourmet mash bar and the badger&co pub.
Be at the castle for 1pm for the gun firing. Someone on here recommended the surgeons museum to me and we really enjoyed that.

• Heart
We went to the Edinburgh Larder for breakfast one day my friend still talks about the waffle saying it’s the best one she’s ever had 😂
We also liked the gourmet mash bar and the badger&co pub.
Be at the castle for 1pm for the gun firing. Someone on here recommended the surgeons museum to me and we really enjoyed that.
this is all great, thank you both @OnlyHereForTheLolz

Any recommendations for pre West End dining/drinks? Going to London for a weekend in a few weeks 🙂 Theatre is near Trafalgar Sq.

Also any good boozers / venues that will be showing the World Cup also appreciated 😁 I looked at Box Park but meh.

Camera Obscura near the castle is great fun!!! We loved the it and we loved the open bus tour tbh

• Heart
The National Museum of Scotland on Chambers Street is free and has a roof terrace with great views over the Castle if its a nice day! Also a great museum. Second vote for the Witchery too, and Topolabamba mexican is fab if you want something a bit more casual.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The National Museum of Scotland on Chambers Street is free and has a roof terrace with great views over the Castle if its a nice day! Also a great museum. Second vote for the Witchery too, and Topolabamba mexican is fab if you want something a bit more casual.
thank you for your tips!!

For people who have been to Iceland how much would you need for food daily do you reckon as I’ve heard it’s expensive? Probably not going to go but just looking at it. Anyone have recommendations on the best places to see the northern lights?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.