Hogwarts Legacy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey guys!! Playing this evening and I’m in a room in a turret near the hogwarts north exit. I’ve lifted a barrel and there’s a map on the floor but I can’t pick it up! On one hand it looks like a map of hogwarts so I assume I don’t need it, but on the other hand, why is it there if I can’t pick it up 😂

anyone else found it or know what it’s for?View attachment 1967972
Hmmmm don't really recognise it, sometimes you get maps given to you through side quests, first I've seen one on the floor though

It could possible be for a side quest you may not have unlocked, I know you have to hunt around for notes an such with some like jackdaws quest

I've just jumped off or I'd go look 😅 I get on tomorrow an check if I can if no one else has worked it out

Reactions: 1
Hmmmm don't really recognise it, sometimes you get maps given to you through side quests, first I've seen one on the floor though

It could possible be for a side quest you may not have unlocked, I know you have to hunt around for notes an such with some like jackdaws quest

I've just jumped off or I'd go look 😅 I get on tomorrow an check if I can if no one else has worked it out
I did wonder if I had found it too soon! I wasn’t really following any quests today.. just exploring! So maybe that’s what’s happened!

Reactions: 2
Finally 100% the game an disappointed theres not as they put it "well over 100 side quests" as I only counted 93 ☹ an that was even including the teacher assignments, character quests an the crossed wands (there's 3 plus 2 dummy training) an summoners court (there's 5) or it would have been even less

• Wow
Finally 100% the game an disappointed theres not as they put it "well over 100 side quests" as I only counted 93 ☹ an that was even including the teacher assignments, character quests an the crossed wands (there's 3 plus 2 dummy training) an summoners court (there's 5) or it would have been even less
You did that quickly!! 👏 🫨
I'd really like to 100% and go for the platinum trophy on playstation but not sure if I'll manage it 😅

You did that quickly!! 👏 🫨
I'd really like to 100% and go for the platinum trophy on playstation but not sure if I'll manage it 😅
Thanks 😊 I feel like getting all achievements isn't as bad as it seems, if you 100% the game then you already have gotten the majority, an you only need to find the map chamber as the other houses to get the achievements for those, the only ones I found a bit tedious to get was the hitting 50 enemies with petrificas totalas (I have no idea how to spell these 😂) an the using ancient magic on every enemy in the game which as soon as you get the option then I just used it, but they are all doable, an a lot better to get than some other games are

• Heart
I'm a big HP fan but I've never been a "gamer" at all. The only game I've played is The Sims 😂 I don't have a console but do have a decent laptop, is it worth getting or should I not bother.

I'm a big HP fan but I've never been a "gamer" at all. The only game I've played is The Sims 😂 I don't have a console but do have a decent laptop, is it worth getting or should I not bother.
It’s a great game I’d highly recommend it; there’s just so much to it! I’m 34 and not much of a gamer these days either but have been enjoying this as a longtime HP fan. I’ve been playing since release week and am still finding new things to do within the game. I play on PS5, haven’t played it on any other device though but have only heard good things.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m intending to get it and I’m not a gamer. I tried to be a couple of years ago and my ex laughed at me for how bad I was 🥹 like I just didn’t have the hand eye co-ordination for it that he did after so many years. So that was the end of my gaming career. I don’t like being bad at things. I’ll be playing HL on easy mode and that dick isn’t around to tell me I’m butchering it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m intending to get it and I’m not a gamer. I tried to be a couple of years ago and my ex laughed at me for how bad I was 🥹 like I just didn’t have the hand eye co-ordination for it that he did after so many years. So that was the end of my gaming career. I don’t like being bad at things. I’ll be playing HL on easy mode and that dick isn’t around to tell me I’m butchering it.
Even if you are a non gamer it's such a good game because I feel it's a really strong story to it an although I feel like poppy an Natty's storys aren't strong, Sebastians is

I'd recommend putting it on story mode, it still offers that little bit of a challenge but will let you enjoy the game without stressing over the controls if you aren't used to it, the difficulty can be changed at any time so even if you get a bit through it an feel you want that little more of a challenge then you can put it up

Reactions: 3
What a head he sounds. If it helps I was very rusty to gaming when we got this, couldn’t figure out the controls at all, was horrendous when it came to controlling the broom and constantly driving it into the surroundings. 😂

I am improving a lot with time but as @Snippysnips said, you can set to story mode and change the difficulty whenever it suits you. My husband is the total opposite and is playing on difficult and I get his help with defeating the spiders. 🫣

Reactions: 5
He does sounds awful! As the others have said I was a bit worried playing as my eye hand coordination isn’t great. I haven’t played a PS5 game for years! As you’re running around quite a lot you do get used to it. I have it on easy which massively helps. I’m sure you will enjoy it though!

Has anyone played it on a laptop? I don’t have a console
My friend has it for her PC and said it’s good just trying to get used to the controls.

Reactions: 3
Cool, I’ll seriously consider it!
I would definitely just check all your specs before buying it as I’ve seen a few people say their pcs/laptops were around what HL said was “minimum spec” but that it was totally unplayable even on low settings with everything turned off.
There’s a table here - https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-gb/pc-specs

I’m probably somewhere between the recommended and ultra spec and it runs fine for me at medium/high graphics settings.

I would definitely just check all your specs before buying it as I’ve seen a few people say their pcs/laptops were around what HL said was “minimum spec” but that it was totally unplayable even on low settings with everything turned off.
There’s a table here - https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-gb/pc-specs

I’m probably somewhere between the recommended and ultra spec and it runs fine for me at medium/high graphics settings.
Thanks so much! I’ll definitely check this out.

Does anyone else get startled when doing missions with Professor Figg? You put lumos on so you can see and he’s like “LUUUMOS!!”

It gets me every time! 😂 thought the spiders would tip me over the edge but it’s him casting spells

• Haha
Reactions: 7
thought the spiders would tip me over the edge
I hadn’t found the spiders too bad until the other day when I was on a spider related quest and the music was really ominous from the start and I actually got shivers and felt like all the spiders were crawling on me it was just endless 😬😭 every time I see a cave with a wee beware spiders sign outside I’m like no f this I’m out 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The spiders can be brutal at times, especially when they come out of the ground 😭😅

Anyone else done up the room of requirement? Finally got mine on my Slytherin playthrough all done, not sure if there's much I want to do on it now

Attachments

• Heart
Well it took 51 hours but I completed the main story. Such a good game ❤
Still have a couple of quests to do and still have absolutely no bearings inside the castle 😂

Absolutely love the vivariums. Just wish you could have more beasts in them. Not to get more items from them, just because I want herds 😊

• Heart