Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
Installed last night on my 6 year old gaming laptop (i7 with lower range at the time 4gb video card) and it looks pretty good to me with no real framerate issues and the settings on low for most things. Shadows on hair look a bit dodgy, but that's fine.

Only a few hours in but really enjoying it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I just finished it, it was absolutely AMAZING, the ending is incredible an the music is brilliant, I know it's only one ending out multiple so I definitely want to know what the others are like, I cried at my ending

Now am off to 100% it with the field guide

What a absolutely phenomenal game

• Heart
Reactions: 8

YR80

Chatty Member
What would you change? One of the things I’d like to see is really minor but I’d like to see the homeowners in the hamlets acknowledge me when I break into their houses and steal the contents of their chests and money bags!

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Snippysnips

VIP Member
The fact that they are having to nitpick over such stupid reasons just shows that they actually can't find anything bad about the game itself, obviously they have never played much games either, have you seen what 2005 games looked like 😂

There are some graphic issues like glitches an such, but I'd imagine it's going be patched up soon an we will get a update that will fix it, but tbh the fact it's in a really good state on launch is amazing, usually games have a ton of bugs an such on launch, I mean cyberpunk was an absolute disaster, so legacy has actually done amazingly well for not really having much wrong apart from some cosmetic details

Well it took 51 hours but I completed the main story. Such a good game ❤
Still have a couple of quests to do and still have absolutely no bearings inside the castle 😂

Absolutely love the vivariums. Just wish you could have more beasts in them. Not to get more items from them, just because I want herds 😊

• Heart

kazizzle

VIP Member
Had to log in to my boyfriends game tonight to find the few collection chests and field guide pages he had left in Hogwarts and Hogsmeade because he was adamant he’d found them all and the game was glitched 😂🙈 the game was not glitched as I found them all in an hour.

• Haha

kazizzle

VIP Member
Honestly the more I play it I just can’t understand the people on twitter etc who are so determined to hate the game and ruin the fun of people who are playing it by saying things like “oh it’s such a mid game” “the graphics look like they are from 2005” “it plays like a game for 7 year olds” - like what?? Have you even given it a go??

Does anyone else get startled when doing missions with Professor Figg? You put lumos on so you can see and he’s like “LUUUMOS!!”

It gets me every time! 😂 thought the spiders would tip me over the edge but it’s him casting spells

• Haha

Snippysnips

VIP Member
The spiders can be brutal at times, especially when they come out of the ground 😭😅

Anyone else done up the room of requirement? Finally got mine on my Slytherin playthrough all done, not sure if there's much I want to do on it now

Attachments

• Heart

strawb

VIP Member
wow, i have to write down my impressions somewhere.

so i had bought the game when it came out, for pc, but my laptop was just not able to handle it, i played it for a bit, but it was extremely glitchy so i decided i'll wait for a better opportunity and just followed here and on social media. in the meantime, in the summertime, my bf got a gaming laptop but i decided to wait for christmas, for the vibes haha. and now i have spent the last week just playing non stop and i am so happy :love:

the game is absolutely incredible, i'm not a huuuuge gamer but i've played a lot and still play some games regularly and i don't think i have been this obsessed since the first 2 original harry potter pc games! somehow the atmosphere reminds me of them so it feels really nostalgic as well! i love how customizable it is, i love that you can explore so much and just go anywhere, the quests are amazing and there is so much to do! i have played for 20+ hours now and i'm only 25% done with challenges! i literally cannot think about doing anything else until i finish this 😂

that being said i am starting to see white frames around items in real life and thinking which spell to use so maybe i should take it easy 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

WhatABore

VIP Member
Finished the story today after around 59 hours of gameplay. Hopefully just a few more hours to do the challenges left and complete the collections and then that should be me for the first playthrough! Honestly I’ve loved every second of this game. Been a great 60 hours.
I've just finished the story today as well. I'm on 42 hours.
At 89% complete.

Really enjoyed it!

Although I went into fighting Ranrock with 6 potions left 🙃😂 only took me like 10 attempts 🙃😂

• Heart

make-mine-whiskey

VIP Member
My husband is now playing and I'm helping him with the quests, he just did the Deek one with Tobbs (IYKYK) and I didn't help on that one I left 😂

• Haha

kazizzle

VIP Member
Posted on here ages ago about how I’d completed all the collections but the achievement on Steam never registered. Tried a few things, logging in and out of the game, loading the save on our other pc, waited a few days and tried it again but still nothing. Decided I wanted to replay the game today and it had been uninstalled from my PC. Reinstalled it and booted up my original save to see if anything would happen AND IT DID! The collection achievement pinged! Now just need to get to the map room with Gryffindor and Ravenclaw and do the ancient magic on all enemies achievement and I’ll have it 100% on steam. I was so fuming about the collection one not registering and I couldn’t face trying to complete it all again on my boyfriends save so I’m so relieved it finally worked 😂

• Heart

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
I'm a big HP fan but I've never been a "gamer" at all. The only game I've played is The Sims 😂 I don't have a console but do have a decent laptop, is it worth getting or should I not bother.
I’m intending to get it and I’m not a gamer. I tried to be a couple of years ago and my ex laughed at me for how bad I was 🥹 like I just didn’t have the hand eye co-ordination for it that he did after so many years. So that was the end of my gaming career. I don’t like being bad at things. I’ll be playing HL on easy mode and that dick isn’t around to tell me I’m butchering it.

• Heart