Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jellybb

VIP Member
What does the cita at the end of the name mean, girl/female in Spanish?
I would hope that she's avoided by main stream American media and advertisers now. I'm not sure why more publications haven't called them out, makes me think people are afraid of Alec, who has aged a lot recently. Beautiful voice though, very distinctive. He's doing a podcast with Amanda knox
It means “little” in Spanish 🥴

Reactions: 2

Blurp

VIP Member
Real Crime Profile podcast has just done an episode on this and gun safety on set, with a weapons expert. The hosts both worked on Criminal Minds and one is a former FBI agent as well.

Ed: The link is to the podcast on Stitcher; I don't know if it will work if you don't have Stitcher - you can just Google the podcast though.

Reactions: 2

L3moning

VIP Member
I know little and less about laws in New Mexico, but from a moral point of view he should be charged with manslaughter. If you're pulling the trigger on a gun, prop or not, it is your responsibility and no one else's to ensure its not loaded.

Reactions: 1

Blurp

VIP Member
She’s not changed races but I do think she’s being really offensive- Mexicans/ Brazilians etc are not Spanish, their countries were colonised by the Spanish. That’s like saying Indians or Ugandans are British like me. As to whether Americans realise Spanish people are ethically white, I suppose their neighbours (who were there first) are black and brown South American’s who speak Spanish, so I suppose thinking of them when someone refers to Spanish before a small European country is quite logical
The Portuguese are the same as Brazilians then? The English the same as Jamaicans or Bahamians? They are South Americans or Caribbean but speak Portuguese or English.

• Heart

KINGAA

VIP Member
"One Santa Fe prop master told DailyMail.com that had the gun been checked properly before it was handed to Baldwin, the tragedy wouldn't have occurred.

"'If they'd done their job checking the weapon this wouldn't have happened. You show the assistant director the weapon, you show the actor the weapon, you show everybody it's a safe weapon. There's a big chain of command that missed an opportunity to save a life.' "

So both AB and the assistant director should have checked the gun?
This reads to me that the prop master shows the assistant director the weapon and the actor the weapon etc. Where as the prop master left them on a tray for the AD to collect and give to Alec. So safety was missed from Prop Master / Armourer

I thought 'cold gun' meant completely empty and 'hot gun' means blanks. Why would live ammunition even be on a film set? If there was live ammunition on set, someone has brought it on and used it in the 'cold' gun

It sounds like they've tried to do the whole production on the cheap- including hiring an inexperienced armourer and not getting someone else to do the checks, maybe to save time. The whole thing sounds like a complete mess.
A blank isn’t live ammunition though?
I don’t know, it seems confused, some posters are saying cold gun means empty (but tbf, that makes it almost completely risk free unless you smack someone round the head with it, so what would all the control be about?) but then there are articles quoting experts who clearly say cold gun means blank bullets.

I haven’t seen the phrase hot gun anywhere, so don’t know if there is any need for guns loaded with live bullets in film
Making.

Sorry guys, thought she meant us. I didn't know she was discussed on reddit too. She seems to be really pissed off by it, wonder what they've exposed.

Yel

Chatty Member

the sheriff has confirmed Alec is a free man, they have been talking to the armourer who loaded the guns.
The whole production sounded like it was in a right state. I'd have thought Alec in his producer role had something to do with the events that lead to it?

This reads to me that the prop master shows the assistant director the weapon and the actor the weapon etc. Where as the prop master left them on a tray for the AD to collect and give to Alec. So safety was missed from Prop Master / Armourer
I thought there wasn't a prop master because unlike California it wasn't legally required in New Mexico?

Asparagus123

VIP Member
100%, she looked more "Spanish" to me with lighter hair than the Morticia look.

Also, this bitch is supposed to be 28 (!) in this pic. No effing way. More like 35 maybe. Has her real birth year been discovered?

I’m sure she was speaking with a Spanish accent here I’ve been watching YouTube videos about the whole fake Spanish thing 😂

BigMavis

VIP Member
Where are they at the minute, Hamptons?
That really is a beautiful house, I've been looking out for product placements.