Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dawn Dayn

VIP Member
The father of Halyna says he doesn't blame Alec. Hmmm Alec the actor or Alec the producer. Money talks and celebrity walks.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I don't know if it is a good point.

Then you could also say why didn't the people the gun was pointed it check it.
And you could also say why didn't Brandon Lee check the guns knowing that lots of actors will shoot at him with different guns.

• Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
I’m not sure- the reporting just indicates cold gun means blanks. The report in this links states so very clearly https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ored-golden-rule-gun-safety-never-loaded.html

“There should have been blanks in the gun, the on-set armorer's job is to check that before handing the weapon over,' Tristan told Dailymail.com.”
"One Santa Fe prop master told DailyMail.com that had the gun been checked properly before it was handed to Baldwin, the tragedy wouldn't have occurred.

"'If they'd done their job checking the weapon this wouldn't have happened. You show the assistant director the weapon, you show the actor the weapon, you show everybody it's a safe weapon. There's a big chain of command that missed an opportunity to save a life.' "

So both AB and the assistant director should have checked the gun?

IngressUK

VIP Member
Will Alec Baldwin now be facing a Manslaughter charge?

Or will his fame, wealth, or being in the middle of making a movie detract from this occurring?

BigMavis

VIP Member
It's beautiful. On the last post there are two ornaments on the mantlepiece and I've noticed them in other pics, in different locations. I was trying to work out if they're oil diffusers or something.

L3moning

VIP Member
But… as the above link confirms- he knew it was loaded, with a blank. It was supposed to be. I don’t think this is in dispute.

You’ve said yourself you know little about the law, I don’t know why you’re putting forward some kind of case he needs to be charged with manslaughter- even “morally” which is a completely meaningless statement.
I will admit I was rather drunk last night, so that post not making a massive amount of sense is perhaps not surprising.

What I meant was that I think the person who pulls the trigger is just as responsible as anyone else, even if they're not legally responsible, but that they *should* be legally responsible, and that's a failure of local laws if not.

NonDairyQueen

VIP Member
I’m not sure- the reporting just indicates cold gun means blanks. The report in this links states so very clearly https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ored-golden-rule-gun-safety-never-loaded.html

“There should have been blanks in the gun, the on-set armorer's job is to check that before handing the weapon over,' Tristan told Dailymail.com.”
I thought 'cold gun' meant completely empty and 'hot gun' means blanks. Why would live ammunition even be on a film set? If there was live ammunition on set, someone has brought it on and used it in the 'cold' gun

"One Santa Fe prop master told DailyMail.com that had the gun been checked properly before it was handed to Baldwin, the tragedy wouldn't have occurred.

"'If they'd done their job checking the weapon this wouldn't have happened. You show the assistant director the weapon, you show the actor the weapon, you show everybody it's a safe weapon. There's a big chain of command that missed an opportunity to save a life.' "

So both AB and the assistant director should have checked the gun?
It sounds like they've tried to do the whole production on the cheap- including hiring an inexperienced armourer and not getting someone else to do the checks, maybe to save time. The whole thing sounds like a complete mess.

Last edited:

KINGAA

VIP Member
Just because she’s bullshitter doesn’t mean he should get out of paying for his children. Besides, looking at the evidence I’m beginning to think he was pushing the Spanish thing more than she was. The Ellen interview is quite telling, I think it’s obvious Ellen knew they were bullshitting the Spanish angle, and Alec knows that she knows - iyswim.
Oh I didn’t mean getting out of payments, I mean her trying to rinse him of millions which is the usual Hollywood move

L3moning

VIP Member
it’s like accusing the waiter of giving you food poisoning for serving undercooked meat.
It's not comparable to that. A waiter doesn't have a responsibility to check that food is cooked.

Anyone firing a gun, prop or not, being told its not loaded or not, has a responsibility to check that its not loaded. That might well not be a legal responsibility (although it might in some places), but it is a responsibility. In the UK this would 100% meet the requirements to charge with manslaughter. I have no idea about New Mexico though.

BDY_97

VIP Member
According to news reports one person was shot and has died the other was shot and is in intensive care.
Ah right ok, I just read that a second person was injured but wasn’t sure if they had been shot or not. Reports saying that person is already out of hospital which is good if true, i think rather than shooting two people the bullet has potentially either went straight through her (horrendous) or has ricocheted.

It's not comparable to that. A waiter doesn't have a responsibility to check that food is cooked.

Anyone firing a gun, prop or not, being told its not loaded or not, has a responsibility to check that its not loaded. That might well not be a legal responsibility (although it might in some places), but it is a responsibility. In the UK this would 100% meet the requirements to charge with manslaughter. I have no idea about New Mexico though.

But it was Supposed to be loaded. And it was. How would checking have helped?!?

It probably was checked. And they confirmed it was loaded, as expected 🤨

PinkFigs

VIP Member
She's created a brand around being a very hand on mother though. Let's face it the woman is an utter fake and fantasist. I doubt she was even a yoga teacher.
That’s a very good point! I wonder if anything will come to light at any point about her yoga credentials?

L3moning

VIP Member
Based on this, there should be a criminal investigation, but obviously the authorities aren't interested.

Surely if Alex (or anyone) were shooting them selves in the head they would be doing so with a completely empty gun (no blanks or otherwise) there for an empty gun wouldn’t be subject to the security any loaded ones would be?

I suspect the film set wasn’t that much of a shit show tbh. Suspect the corner cutting and lack of respect for procedures and safety is pretty standard in many countries