Helen Briggs & Chet Sket #14 Chet’s on the pills while Helen’s sending the bills

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I have to jump in because my son is a day older than O, he’s exactly like her in his behaviour; extremely destructive and does not listen to NO he sees it as a game and I don’t film him I am very very strict when I discipline but he isn’t as advanced as O with communicating so he doesn’t speak yet which makes his understanding even harder. It’s very hard work and I have a newborn too.
Reading everybody’s comments saying it’s parenting style and product of them well that makes me feel like tit because my son is the same and I know I’m a great parent and I take him out and do things as much as possible to entertain him. I cannot afford to send him to nursery so what Helen is experiencing right now is the fact she has to spend all day with her and doesn’t see how curious she is all the time. She isn’t naughty, and yes she should really be able to understand basic no and don’t do this because she can talk and understand, unlike my son.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Well I have to jump in because my son is a day older than O, he’s exactly like her in his behaviour; extremely destructive and does not listen to NO he sees it as a game and I don’t film him I am very very strict when I discipline but he isn’t as advanced as O with communicating so he doesn’t speak yet which makes his understanding even harder. It’s very hard work and I have a newborn too.
Reading everybody’s comments saying it’s parenting style and product of them well that makes me feel like tit because my son is the same and I know I’m a great parent and I take him out and do things as much as possible to entertain him. I cannot afford to send him to nursery so what Helen is experiencing right now is the fact she has to spend all day with her and doesn’t see how curious she is all the time. She isn’t naughty, and yes she should really be able to understand basic no and don’t do this because she can talk and understand, unlike my son.

Your son sound normal. It’s easy to forget how hard it was when they grow up and make judgy comments on here. Take no notice. No child at that age is bold. And to be honest them not taking no for an answer is a good thing. It shows character building. I always would want my children to take risks need in life. Trust me it’s better than having a child petrified of everything

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My son is 19 months and is just like Ocean, wild and adventurous, tries to abseil up random household appliances, loads of things he has similar with Ocean again apart from speech and communication he’s not saying as much. But he isn’t naughty he’s just curious he’s a baby who has no idea about boundaries. But when he does something funny that isn’t wrong we laugh so he does it again. Ocean does something she’s not supposed to be doing and Chet and sometimes Helen laugh their head off then get their phones out to film her so obviously O is gonna think she should do it again.

having 2 kids so young must be hard but it’ll be a hell out of a lot easier if they got off their phones and stopped encouraging O to do things when their waving their phones in her face laughing at her

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She is a typical toddler in my eyes, I have a 2 year old and he’s similar, I will not in any way tolerate him hitting his sister but I does still happen. He bit her the other week.
We have to remember sometimes we only see a small snippet of their lives. We don’t see Helen constantly telling ocean no or playing with the kids etc. But we do constantly see Chet recording laughing at ocean and not helping.
Toddlers are amazing, they’re independent, far more clever than what people think but they are also selfish little assholes that want to do whatever they want. Ocean needs the stimulation of nursery I think, even if it’s a couple of days a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ridiculous! Accident waiting to happen! Why was she alone climbing up?! Anything could have happened she’s lucky it was only eggs cracking and not her head if she had fallen off the stools. The constant filming from her and Chet rather than telling her off THEN doing a story.. but filming her saying why ocean why?! Tell her off! Put her in time out! It’s repetitive it’s knackering but that’s parenting to toddlers I’m afraid and this is why I laugh when people want more kids before they’ve even reached the age where it gets bleeping tough! You don’t get a seconds peace unless they are at nursery they can’t be left unattended you need eyes in the back of your head. Parenting with a phone in your hand filming is a recipe for disaster.
My daughter was 3 when I had my son. I was feeding him and she opened up the bottom draw on a chest of draws in my bedroom and managed to get som scissors. She had waist length hair and she decided she wanted to look like billy ray cyrus. She gave her self a mullet. I was devastated, my mother in law hit the roof and wanted to know why she could get hold of the scissors

She flat out refused to believe that my daughter who was only 3 could do that

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Wonder if Helen is running to put her coil back in rn🤣
I literally came on to say this 😁

I've a daughter the same age, and she would drive you to want to dive head first out the window. The majority of toddlers are just so wild and really benefit from the structure and stimulation of nursery. I'd be insane without mine. I can't imagine having another younger child, not to mention then always angling for another.

Ellun needs to slow her roll and let the two she has grow up a little before going for the hat trick!

Reactions: 2
The play room looks nice, only room with some colour in, and well done for designing the toy boxes yourself ellun that must have been very difficult

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My son is 19 months and is just like Ocean, wild and adventurous, tries to abseil up random household appliances, loads of things he has similar with Ocean again apart from speech and communication he’s not saying as much. But he isn’t naughty he’s just curious he’s a baby who has no idea about boundaries. But when he does something funny that isn’t wrong we laugh so he does it again. Ocean does something she’s not supposed to be doing and Chet and sometimes Helen laugh their head off then get their phones out to film her so obviously O is gonna think she should do it again.

having 2 kids so young must be hard but it’ll be a hell out of a lot easier if they got off their phones and stopped encouraging O to do things when their waving their phones in her face laughing at her
same boat! 19 month old is wild, full of energy but lack of speech. Sending love as I know it can be stressful x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think Helen is struggling being away from her mum. I wonder if she's hinting at wanting a break for Chets mum & dad/sisters benefit. I imagine that was 1 of the selling points for them moving down there. I'm not saying grandparents should babysit all the time(mine dont😂) but they use to have Rox alot. I think she thought passing her test and getting a car would give her more freedom.
But I've only seen her go to aldi alone🤷‍♀️

She’s been out the last few weeks hasn’t she? Is that not a break from her kids? If she chooses to get drunk in her child free time that’s on her head

Reactions: 14
She’s been out the last few weeks hasn’t she? Is that not a break from her kids? If she chooses to get drunk in her child free time that’s on her head
I was just thinking this. She’s had more breaks from her kids in the last month than I’ve had in the last year 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I was just thinking this. She’s had more breaks from her kids in the last month than I’ve had in the last year 😂
Yep same! My ‘break’ is going to work (I arrive at work at 5-530am too 😭) or getting my hair done every 5 weeks! She doesn’t realise how lucky she is

same boat! 19 month old is wild, full of energy but lack of speech. Sending love as I know it can be stressful x
sending love to both of you ❤ My son is 5 and non verbal. Absolute nightmare. Wish people spoke more openly about this!!! X

third this. 🤣 can we all just be each others baby sitter cos I need an night off

Reactions: 9
Exactly! I haven’t gone out to have a cocktail since oct 2018 before I got pregnant 😒

Reactions: 4
5AC3EA69-6304-4C15-8A3D-7B51593B6235.jpeg

What the hell is this 🙈 I can’t cope with this it’s the worst thing I’ve ever seen! even the background ffs 😂
surely it’s a freebie cause you wouldn’t put this on your wall, you would just take a new picture with your family.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.