Helen Briggs & Chet Sket #14 Chet’s on the pills while Helen’s sending the bills

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aw I do feel for Helen hard days r the worst! We all have these days 🤷🏼‍♀️ And anyone with kids knows you can turn your head for 2 minutes and they can get up to mischief 🤯
Honestly anyone with kids has to be able to relate to having a wee cry on the stairs 🙈
It will Deff be me in an hour or 2 with my 1 and 2 year old 😂
13 months apart? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Felt for Helen today. We have all been there. It takes 2 seconds for a wild toddler to do something. Mine did the same when she was that age. I’d be changing her brothers nappy or feeding him and she’d of put stuff in the toilet or
Climbed up on the sides throwing eggs or squirting washing up liquid. Ahh was hectic.

Reactions: 10
I feel bad because chets never there even when he’s at home…. He’s always going to the gym or going somewhere…. Literally any excuse

Reactions: 12
I feel bad because chets never there even when he’s at home…. He’s always going to the gym or going somewhere…. Literally any excuse
As much as i don’t like Chet it does seem like he works his arse off to give Helen and the kids the life they have (big house nice cars, want for nothing etc) he also does his fair share of babysitting whilst helen goes out with the girls.

Reactions: 33
As much as i don’t like Chet it does seem like he works his arse off to give Helen and the kids the life they have (big house nice cars, want for nothing etc) he also does his fair share of babysitting whilst helen goes out with the girls.
I wasn’t referring to work. Helen doesn’t go out anymore than Chet, it’s usually food and not weekend benders and to be honest at least she can get up the next day unlike chets who’s good for nothing 😂😂

Reactions: 1
I agree with everyone toddlers get up to mischief… but is it just me that wouldn’t leave her in the kitchen when I’m turning my back? They know she’s wild, I just feel like the kitchens the most dangerous place. Why not the play room? Maybe mine are mollycoddled who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️😂 did feel for Helen though, nothing worse than feeling overwhelmed specially when she’s not got much support down there, can defs relate. Although still feel they don’t help matters with discipline/boundaries etc

Reactions: 12
My son is 3 and has Ocean’s energy, he’s a lot more sensible now than he was at Ocean’s age but I still won’t leave him alone in another room unless it’s his bedroom (which is as safe as I can make it) while I’m also upstairs. I know what he can get up to when I’m not there to say no! But there’s no way I’d leave him alone in the kitchen even for a second. Too many hazards, even just down to the height of the table etc.

I guess my point is you learn what your toddler is like and you give them your undivided attention, it’s just part of parenting isn’t it. Even with 2 kids, if she was for example changing Elvis in another room then why not have them both in the same room at the same time 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I want to feel sorry for Helen as I know almost all toddlers go through this stage of pushing boundaries. As I’ve said before our toddlers are same age. I live away from all my family and friends and haven’t seen anyone since before the pandemic. My husband works away from home and I just get on with it. I’ve never had a baby sitter or put my child in nursery. I don’t go filming my LO being “naughty” for the gram. I don’t post myself crying asking for sympathy. It’s hard, but it’s apart of parenthood. If they didn’t film Ocean constantly and laughing maybe she would be different and listen to them. But now it’s going to be harder breaking her out of that habit because she’s got away with way too much. Doesn’t help that Chet just films whilst Oceans gets away with doing anything. He needs to step up and help Helen

Reactions: 11
You don’t babysit your own bleeping kids 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Oh course her life is going to be go go your a mother to 2 young children, your in the middle of doing up your house she had nights out people down from up north so yes it has been go go for her for a while now maybe she should chill a little on getting the house done, and give herself an early night she will prob feel better after a good night sleep, ive had many days like this and it worse when my little one had not slept good

Reactions: 6
Ive had these kind of bad days but I struggle to feel sorry for her. Don’t tell me no one told her life was hard having children close in age, don’t tell me people didn’t say the toddler stage is an absolute riot and full on. She knew Chet was out of the house when she had just Ocean so she knew she would have the same with 2 children!
They don’t discipline Ocean and they’re beginning to feel the effects of it now. That high chair scenario made me feel so anxious how was Chet sat there like it was a safe way of sitting ffs

Reactions: 10
They always say Ocean has so much energy but never do anything with her? Why not take her to the park, playgym, playgroup, swimming or for a play date with Rox? No excuse! She drives now

Reactions: 17
Also I get all mums need some me time, but ocean was away all of last week, why are they not putting her into nursery then is it cos it more expensive down here compared to where they use to live

Reactions: 9
I do feel for her today, I know I’ve had plenty of those days and I know I would really resent all the freedom Chet seems to have, I get annoyed that my husband can get ready by himself in a morning cause that’s a bleeping luxury for me 😂

it’s nice to see some normality on Instagram instead of bleeping everything’s so bleeping amazing all the bleeping time like most the other instahuns

Also I get all mums need some me time, but ocean was away all of last week, why are they not putting her into nursery then is it cos it more expensive down here compared to where they use to live
I was thinking this! She had a full week away from her and I think it’s made her realise how out of her depth she is with Ocean

Reactions: 11
Kinda odd Helen would leave her in the kitchen with nothing to do considering the play rooms and all toys are all upstairs behind a baby gate. What does she expect Ocean to do? Play hide and seek with herself? Stare at the floor? If you leave your toddler with absolutely nothing then they will probably do something ‘naughty’.

Reactions: 18
They can more than afford to put her into nursery unless all that they own is ticked up to the eyeballs and they’ve more going out than in! However they probably can’t justify it given Helen is at home. Don’t get me wrong a SAHM is a job in itself and every one needs a break - I’ve been there! I live further south than them, my partner and I both work and my daughter is in childcare for 4 full days a week when I’m working, would we do that if I was at home of course not! But then again I’m sure me and my partner don’t earn what Chet (and Helen) do. I do wonder how she thinks she’s going to cope when she’s got the 4 kids she wants!

I actually hate when children are described as naughty.
Isn’t Ocean 1.. almost 2? She’s still a baby… and in fact she is a total product of what her parents have created. All the laughing and grabbing the camera as they pretend to tell her off on Instagram. She thinks the word ‘no’ is supposed to be funny and a game. If parents can’t take discipline seriously, then how is a 1 year old supposed to?
Honestly, when I had my first, people used to tell me “you’re making a rod for your own back” and I HATE that phrase… but I’m sorry Helen, this was largely avoidable.

They can more than afford to put her into nursery unless all that they own is ticked up to the eyeballs and they’ve more going out than in! However they probably can’t justify it given Helen is at home.
It might be that the nursery they want her to go to has a waiting list or they prefer to only enrol at the start of a new term.
It might be that the nursery manager has seen her behaviour on social media (including and not limited to a one-off occasion; hitting her brother) they’ve not got capacity to have O 🤫

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.