Helen Briggs & Chet Sket #12 This isn’t mumsnet!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the main thing Chet does that really grinds me is the fact he films ocean being naughty then wondering why she’s acting up? Im all for if you’re child’s doing something funny then film it. However she’s being filmed being so naughty and he’s just encouraging it??

Reactions: 1
I love watching chets stories of ocean 😍 she is so adorable I love the way Chet is with her and Elvis. Elvis is Helen all over every time I see him I think his head is going to pop but in a cute funny way 🤣 I think they’ve really grown on me since having Elvis
Me too, just hope he doesn’t become a waste of space when things go back to normal

I think the main thing Chet does that really grinds me is the fact he films ocean being naughty then wondering why she’s acting up? Im all for if you’re child’s doing something funny then film it. However she’s being filmed being so naughty and he’s just encouraging it??
Toddlers aren’t naughty, they’re learning. All of the things ocean does are perfectly normal for her age, that “lazy parenting” style is actually great for development, as long as they’re safe it allows for natural consequence and also for them to learn and be curious about things themselves. She gets lots of encouragement to be gentle with Elvis too which is great.

Reactions: 11
Shes 1, she's not "naughty" she's learning

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Shes 1, she's not "naughty" she's learning
I probably should have clarified! It’s more the point that he isn’t helping her learn, he’s just complaining she’s doing it then sat there filming her (with flash on making it very obvious to her) and it isn’t corrected. Like for example at Christmas when she was under the tree getting stuff she shouldn’t have, Helen was moving her correcting the behaviour so she learned not to do it, Chet was just filming her, moaning but not even moving to do anything?

Reactions: 1
I probably should have clarified! It’s more the point that he isn’t helping her learn, he’s just complaining she’s doing it then sat there filming her (with flash on making it very obvious to her) and it isn’t corrected. Like for example at Christmas when she was under the tree getting stuff she shouldn’t have, Helen was moving her correcting the behaviour so she learned not to do it, Chet was just filming her, moaning but not even moving to do anything?
The iconic “Ellun she’s doing it again” and her being pulled out from under the tree 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
So nice to see Chet giving Helen a compliment and she looked so happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Helen did say she was feeling broody the other day, who wants to take bets on them having 3 under 3 by this time next year?! 😂
Tbf to them they do seem to be coping well so far and their kids are little cuties.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
i just wish she’d sometimes put ocean in a pretty dress, i think we’ve only ever seen her in clothes too big for her

Reactions: 5
I never thought I'd say I look forward to watching Chet's stories, but I actually do. I skip past all the Faded, "shockkkkkk" and "check the fit" stories but can't get enough of that cheeky little doll, Ocean. She is honestly hilarious. And Elvis - what an absolute unit he is & very cute! Kids have defo been the making of these two. I feel Chet respects her a lot more now and they seem to be more couple-y (is that even a word?). Previously it was like they were friends, maybe not even that, just living together. It was like they only just tolerated each other, whereas these days you can kind of see the love. Off I go to create a rave thread.....😩😂 Only joking, one or the other will do something to piss me off before long lol.

Reactions: 23
I never thought I'd say I look forward to watching Chet's stories, but I actually do. I skip past all the Faded, "shockkkkkk" and "check the fit" stories but can't get enough of that cheeky little doll, Ocean. She is honestly hilarious. And Elvis - what an absolute unit he is & very cute! Kids have defo been the making of these two. I feel Chet respects her a lot more now and they seem to be more couple-y (is that even a word?). Previously it was like they were friends, maybe not even that, just living together. It was like they only just tolerated each other, whereas these days you can kind of see the love. Off I go to create a rave thread.....😩😂 Only joking, one or the other will do something to piss me off before long lol.
I totally agree. I think lockdown has been great for the little family and bonding, the way Chet gushes about his kids warms my heart. I love seeing daddy’s with their little kiddies.
Just hope he doesn’t become a twit again when everything’s lifted

Reactions: 7
I feel the exact same. Want to dislike him all the time cos I think he’s a knob but god he is so good with his kids and ocean is just an amazing little kid. She’s so funny!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.